• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet 3 |OT| #4TheLayers

goonergaz

love the OT title - perfect!

url

Been playing this up until getting Toggle.

Really fun game and the music is again awesome. Still has the same floaty controls though, i don't know why this became the series signature style :/

New equipment and gameplay possibilities already shown in the adventure mode are fun and already show replay possibilities and even metroid-ish features that you need certain character or items to reach places.

Can't wait to see the community made madness that will ensue :D

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
The US PlayStation Blog is really bumming me out.

Look at that GTA backdrop, and that new games post headlined by GTA. GTA gets two paragraphs and a video dedicated to it's rerelease, and the brand new LittleBigPlanet 3 gets a sentence, mixed in with Far Cry 4 and Dragon Age.

I get that Sony wants to get as close to the GTA V cash cow as they possibly can, but I'm really starting to feel resentful of it's presence. I wish it were releasing a week later. LittleBigPlanet 3 ought to be a high-profile exclusive release, but they're treating it like a second-class citizen.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
"Playstation 4 - 1080p, 30fps (framerate locked to 30 to maintain compatibility with LBP1/2 levels)"

Oh, it could switch back to 30 fps only for those levels. How about that? They could have gone with "to maintain compatibility across platforms for new and old levels alike".

I think their core engine is designed around 30hz and it was too cumbersome to change that. But backwards compatibility is a very lame excuse.

Also, I hope I don't have to play the game to start using materials, because I actually don't like playing LBP at all, creating is where it was at, for me. They should give us those from the get go.

You should be able to get your unlocks pretty easily as long as you're using the same PSN account you used to unlock them on PlayStation 3. If you want the new assets from 3 you will have to play through the story mode.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital

Look at that GTA backdrop, and that new games post headlined by GTA. GTA gets two paragraphs and a video dedicated to it's rerelease, and the brand new LittleBigPlanet 3 gets a sentence, mixed in with Far Cry 4 and Dragon Age.

I get that Sony wants to get as close to the GTA V cash cow as they possibly can, but I'm really starting to feel resentful of it's presence. I wish it were releasing a week later. LittleBigPlanet 3 ought to be a high-profile exclusive release, but they're treating it like a second-class citizen.

Don't panic Mr Mannering. It will sell very well over a lengthy period of time and then in a year or two will be given for free on PS+, which in turn will generate even more interest in the DLC. The DLC is where the money is and so the DLC is the motivator for making LBP4. I've spent about £80 on DLC and I'm a noob compared to other players.

kevm3

Did they do something to help create more interesting enemies? I know last game they had sackbots, but overall the series needs to feel more 'lively' with more enemy variety.

hew9753

All those different costumes from LBP1&2 that are available on PSN - will they be available in LBP3 through some kind of in-game store or would I have to purchase them on the PS3 or web store and import them via LBP3?

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
All those different costumes from LBP1&2 that are available on PSN - will they be available in LBP3 through some kind of in-game store or would I have to purchase them on the PS3 or web store and import them via LBP3?

All previous content is available (or will eventually be made available) through the store on the PS4. Any content you've already purchased will be free to download, as expected. ALL LBP1 content is automatically downloaded to your PS4. ALL LBP2 content is automatically downloaded to your PS4 IF you have the pins for every story level, which you get automatically when you finish those story levels. Just to clarify, when I say ALL content for LBP1/LBP2, I mean literally ALL the content, even if you never actually got the prize bubble when you played it on the PS3.

To get the content in the level packs, you have to play them again on the PS4.

McBradders

You should be able to buy them all directly through the PS4 in-game store.

EDIT: Beaten again T_T

xHunter

My digital preorder from the US store shows that it unlocks in 8 days. Is that because i want to use my german account to play the game? I hope i can unlock it tomorrow with the US account.

I was smitten watching one of the streams last night. I've always been a fan of the series ever since playing the first one on my newly acquired PS3 Slim, but in terms of level design, what I was seeing was a definite grade above whatever MediaMolecule had worked on in the past. It's a shame there's a general lack of hype surrounding the game, perhaps because it's being suffocated by so many other high-profile releases, but based on the little I've seen, it could very well end up being the best entry yet.

McBradders

Come on, man, give me your name. Stevebigguns by any chance? Or are you a legitimate developer? (don't tell Stevebigguns I asked that).

lol "legit developer", as you put it. Stevebigguns is something I think we all aspire to be in one way or another. The guy is on another level entirely.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
lol "legit developer", as you put it. Stevebigguns is something I think we all aspire to be in one way or another. The guy is on another level entirely.

I understand ... you actually have to stand next to the guy. :)

He IS amazing though. Are there any particular parts of the story mode that carry his signature? Without spoilers of course.

What's the deal with creating patterns/images?

Is there an image creator? can you import images? or do you rely on in-game patterns/images?

I had LBP1 but I never made levels, so I'm probably going to ask a lot of questions the next few weeks.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
What's the deal with creating patterns/images?

Is there an image creator? can you import images? or do you rely on in-game patterns/images?

I had LBP1 but I never made levels, so I'm probably going to ask a lot of questions the next few weeks.

What are you referring to?

There are a lot more animated materials and effects in LBP3, if that's what you mean.

McBradders

I understand ... you actually have to stand next to the guy. :)

He IS amazing though. Are there any particular parts of the story mode that carry his signature? Without spoilers of course.

His fingerprints are all over the place. Ask again once it's out in the wild and I am sure people will be happy to give you specifics :)

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Just flat images or patterns you can apply to objects/backgrounds?

Can we make them in game or import jpg?

We do have the paint tool now and we can make animations using several stickers on sticker panels, so I'm sure there will be plenty of user created animations. As far as importing JPGs, I'm sure that's not possible. You can however use the in camera to snap several frames (lets say a hand) and then animate them 'in game' in the same way you would sticker animations.

It's a workaround but you can get some good results.

hodgy100

Just flat images or patterns you can apply to objects/backgrounds?

Can we make them in game or import jpg?

There are stickers that you collect in the game that you can place on things. LBP3 also gives away the paint tool that was previously only available in the Move Pack and makes it compatible with the standard controller & touch pad, you can use this to draw your own stickers :)

EDIT: GribbleGrunger you really are showing up us devs with your rapid responses ;)

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
There are stickers that you collect in the game that you can place on things. LBP3 also gives away the paint tool that was previously only available in the Move Pack and makes it compatible with the standard controller & touch pad, you can use this to draw your own stickers :)

EDIT: GribbleGrunger you really are showing up us devs with your rapid responses ;)

Here's a question I can't answer but I can ask: has the sound recording been improved for the PS4 version? I haven't got the camera and I don't have a mic so I wasn't able to test it out in the beta.

Caffer

Neo Member
My digital preorder from the US store shows that it unlocks in 8 days. Is that because i want to use my german account to play the game? I hope i can unlock it tomorrow with the US account.

it was the same for me with AC Unity preordered from the US store and i eventually managed to play it with my EU account early, but it's a preload bug and you need to delete all the data and download the game again... :/

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
you'll enjoy the 1 hour session with shareplay and love it.

Hopefully I'll be using Shareplay to unlock those bubbles that require two players. I think there's one in the first level if you need any help! But I don't really want to go too far into the story levels. I have watched a lot but playing is completely different.

LAA

Not sure about this... Previous LBPs I've gotten, I find after beating the campaign, I lose interest and eventually stop playing and not totally convinced this will be different. Guess I'll keep an eye on it.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Not sure about this... Previous LBPs I've gotten, I find after beating the campaign, I lose interest and eventually stop playing and not totally convinced this will be different. Guess I'll keep an eye on it.

The story levels are just one small step towards a 9 million mile hike.

Stampy

I see they redesigned LBP.me. Not sure what to think about it right now... :/ But it seems like it's too much style over functionality. :(

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
I see they redesigned LBP.me. Not sure what to think about it right now... :/ But it seems like it's too much style over functionality. :(

Yeah, I can see what you mean. It doesn't feel compact enough and every time you click on an option to the left, it scrolls back up to the top of the page. And that top is FAR too big.

edit: Yep, I don't like it. Shrink those pictures down and take that menu up alongside the pictures. And the shape of it ... the overall structure ... What were they thinking? It's all over the shop. I won't be using that very often, that's for sure.

For God's sake get rid of all that junk at the top and bottom.

nikos

Does anyone know what kind of camera support this game has? Thinking about picking it up since it's on sale at Best Buy.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Does anyone know what kind of camera support this game has? Thinking about picking it up since it's on sale at Best Buy.

Taking snapshots for use in game
Using the built in mic for recording your voice or any other sounds you want to produce
Streaming (of course)
Move controller level kit compatibility.

xHunter

it was the same for me with AC Unity preordered from the US store and i eventually managed to play it with my EU account early, but it's a preload bug and you need to delete all the data and download the game again... :/

That sucks :/
But i managed to get it back do 8 hourse when i restored the licences on my us account. Will try that tomorrow hope that works.

Gamer345

Banned

what did i just read?

It is really obvious GTA has more popularity than LBP, but Sony does not need to paste LBP everywhere to know the huge community it already has that will be waiting for the game

Went ahead and pre-ordered this on PSN since LBP Vita folks are working on this.

So... will previous LBP 1 & 2 DLC work straight out in this? Like the Metal Gear & DC Comics levels? I'd love to be able to play them on PS4.

Top Bottom