• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet 3 |OT| #4TheLayers

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
The difference is that the previous campaigns forced you through levels in a linear fashion. Here, there are still lots of levels, but they only force you to pass 2-3 of them per world, which makes a difference on completion time I think.

It's shorter, but I still think it's strong.

Sorry but at the end of the day the core story levels and story- it is shorter and there are less levels. any other way of looking at it is spin. don't get me wrong the game is great, but they campaign or adventure is far too short.

Korten

Banned
Didn't see this on the store before, but apparently there are two more Dragon Age Inquisition costumes that you can buy.

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...pack/cid=UP9000-CUSA00473_00-LBPDLCEADAMP0001

Might buy that pack. :D

netguy503

Sorry but at the end of the day the core story levels and story- it is shorter and there are less levels. any other way of looking at it is spin. don't get me wrong the game is great, but they campaign or adventure is far too short.

That most be why the guys at ps3trophies.org had their trophy guide done in two days. That's really sad and unfortunate about the length. :( This game is really only going to survive if the community gets involved more.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
That most be why the guys at ps3trophies.org had their trophy guide done in two days. That's really sad and unfortunate about the length. :( This game is really only going to survive if the community gets involved more.

the community is almost guaranteed to be involved and i love that, but it simply isn't the same as a dedicated story mode. No 2 ways about that. again the game is absolutely fantastic, however its insanely short.

the community is almost guaranteed to be involved and i love that, but it simply isn't the same as a dedicated story mode. No 2 ways about that. again the game is absolutely fantastic, however its insanely short.

time for gaf to band together and make one gigantic story campaign!

That sounds simultaneously like the best and worst idea of all time.

If that were to happen I'd be soooooo in.

i think we did this before once in LBP1? maybe 2. but we can have one HUB world that links the max levels. or something like that. i really want someone to do SMW map or like NSM3DW

Teknoman

Imagine if that happened now instead of back then. Actual weapon power ups and probably top down base battles.

A 100% original collaboration would be nice to see though.

hawk2025

donkey show --

I'm a little confused by the way games are highlighted in the community section. Is there any way to filter to just LBP3 levels? I want to try some of the top-down games, or the 3D platformers, something with Oddsock, and it seems kind of hard to find?

It seems like all the LBP2 levels are the ones floating to the top, no?

Mailbox

i think we did this before once in LBP1? maybe 2. but we can have one HUB world that links the max levels. or something like that. i really want someone to do SMW map or like NSM3DW

It's true that some large level collabs have worked in the past. But some big ones had some messy development stuffs happen.

Regardless. If lbp-gaf is gonna make something big, I'm in for logic creating (you'd be surprised what I can do >:3 )

donkey show --

I'm a little confused by the way games are highlighted in the community section. Is there any way to filter to just LBP3 levels? I want to try some of the top-down games, or the 3D platformers, something with Oddsock, and it seems kind of hard to find?

It seems like all the LBP2 levels are the ones floating to the top, no?
Soooo for example, if you click the menu button on a playlist header like "new levels" it will bring up the level listing similar to LBP2 of all those levels in the playlist. From there, I think you press triangle to bring up the filter which will allow you to choose what game you want to see (LBP1, 2, 3) among other filters. If it's not triangle, there's a button prompt on the left of the screen that should say filter.

It's true that some large level collabs have worked in the past. But some big ones had some messy development stuffs happen.

Regardless. If lbp-gaf is gonna make something big, I'm in for logic creating (you'd be surprised what I can do >:3 )

well we do it like NSMB and just link the levels together. one person do the hub world and everyone just do their level. the hub world can blend to match their game. we just keep adding on until we can't link anymore. if we can't do a proper mega collab. but it's still early for that kind of thing. still haven't even unlocked everything for create yet.

hawk2025

Soooo for example, if you click the menu button on a playlist header like "new levels" it will bring up the level listing similar to LBP2 of all those levels in the playlist. From there, I think you press triangle to bring up the filter which will allow you to choose what game you want to see (LBP1, 2, 3) among other filters. If it's not triangle, there's a button prompt on the left of the screen that should say filter.

Beautiful, I must have missed that :)

time for gaf to band together and make one gigantic story campaign!

I've got a GAFman costume ready to go!

LittleBigContra, mang.

Imagine if that happened now instead of back then. Actual weapon power ups and probably top down base battles.

A 100% original collaboration would be nice to see though.

I actually made all the weapons, the correct jump-flipping animation, and roughs of all the levels in the beta.

I didn't do much else because of the wonkyness off the beta's custom powerup.

and now you got awesome music tool.

Making all the Contra music was the first thing I did in LBP2. :D

danRandall

Neo Member
is it just for me that the game is not filling up my screen? i have like a 1 inch boarder all the way around. There are no settings for that and everything else on my ps4 fills the screen

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Hey donkey show, there's something weird going on with the scoring system in the challenge level "No Drain, No Gain". I really enjoy the level's design, and after countless tries, I finally managed to get a perfect run (grabbed all bubbles in a single multiplier chain), but the score I ended up with was 2,000 points below the top score.

I was confused, and ran the level again. I aced it and all that, but I missed a few bubbles and broke my chain once. I also finished a few seconds slower than I did on my perfect run. That time, however, I somehow ended up with a score that was higher than both my perfect run score and the top score.

I captured video of both attempts, and I'm uploading them now (I've got fairly "eh" internet though) to maybe see what caused the strange discrepancy in scoring. If it's a problem with the overall game's score system, maybe it'll help pinpoint what that is.

I did manage to pull the top score, so I'm not terribly upset, but it bothers me that I got it out of such a weak run and not my perfect run. Doesn't make sense.

But hey, high score!

10620180_727775533974690_8753377822615564330_o.jpg

Shchenok

Neo Member
So, does local co-op progress not sync between players (PS4 version)?

My wife and I haven't had any luck so far. Adventure progress isn't carrying over, and only player 1 appears to be able to earn trophies.

Seems like this worked in LBP2...

_woLf

saves fine for me.

ps4 digital.

I'm disc. My gf is playing coop with me, maybe thats why? We're in my pod, too.

Also the fact that she gets none of my lbp1/2 imported outfits makes me sad. And no trophies :( this game seems very not-coop friendly.

Is it possible to get the no lives lost items in the first tutorial level needlepoint peaks? There's a part where it makes you kill yourself to teach you about the retry option. I can't find a way to get past that part without doing so

Is it possible to get the no lives lost items in the first tutorial level needlepoint peaks? There's a part where it makes you kill yourself to teach you about the retry option. I can't find a way to get past that part without doing so

use the rocket boots. press Circle.

that's if you did the level that unlocks it. ;P

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Here's the video for my perfect run of the Toggle challenge level

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOXVlVKCX9o

As you can see at the end there, the score doesn't seem to fall in line with my point bubble multiplier. Little toggle was quite put-off by that. I'll upload the run that I botched (but somehow finished with a better score) next.

edit: Looking at the footage, I think the score gate somehow interfered with the proper allocation of my points. I got a much larger score when I ended my multiplier a little earlier than the end (at a lower count too). The score gate somehow reduced my reward. I should have had the Top score by a mile. Guess that's another half hour going at it...

ultrazilla

Might be picking this up tomorrow but need to know if the share/play feature
can be used with the game? I would think since it's a Sony game they'd use it.
Thanks for the help!

Ugh I just spent an hour in create mode and didn't do a single thing. It's pretty overwhelming. How do I...like...make a level? It gives me a template with wooden walls and floor but I can't even figure out how to change those. I want to make it desert themed

dcelw540

Do you guys think this game will be as big as lbp 2 with the community? I have the game and im just hoping a lot of people get the game and make awesome levels like 1 and 2

Ugh I just spent an hour in create mode and didn't do a single thing. It's pretty overwhelming. How do I...like...make a level? It gives me a template with wooden walls and floor but I can't even figure out how to change those. I want to make it desert themed

Global stuff.

But right now background is partially broken (some don't load properly and most of the lighting are screwed but can be fixed if you use the lighting slider) but still able to use if you don't pick needlepoint ones lol.

Global stuff.

But right now background is partially broken (some don't load properly and most of the lighting are screwed but can be fixed if you use the lighting slider) but still able to use if you don't pick needlepoint ones lol.

Thanks man. I guess I need to play more story since I don't have much to play with lol

Teknoman

Getting crackin on:

Sackboy no bōken - Favor of the God Beasts

Really haven't done much but make one really small spot to try and nail a specific style :p But you gotta start somewhere...

Now I just need to keep up with the story mode, drag some fellow sackfolks along with me to get other items,

EDIT: And yes, it does take abit (imo anyway) to re-wrap your head around creating or where to start, even if you've made levels before. I think i need to go brush up on all the tutorials again, then turn create to advanced.

All these extra layers really work wonders for creating background images, but I really do want to figure out how to get some 3D movement going at some points, or at least how to make decent buildings.

Top Bottom