• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet 3 |OT| #4TheLayers

That's the idea! I hardly touch create mode before I've beaten, aced, and looted every story level. And then I spend days working on levels. Ah... how fun.

Yep. the thing is that if you haven't played LBP before until now the story levels really does a good job at what can be done in create. give you a base to work with. better than jumping straight in and then checking out some community levels and it intimidate you and you quit. lol.

Also the Popit Puzzle gives you some idea of the basic tools and new stuff on how it's used and such. i wish they did more than 2 popit world. would have liked it do all actually but that would be so long to create unless they start combining tools into a stage and whatnot.

Also i assume the 154 tutorials are just videos or are there some interactive ones? if so does it contain any prize bubbles and if it does does it not have an option to "tick all"?

Getting crackin on:

Sackboy no bōken - Favor of the God Beasts

Really haven't done much but make one really small spot to try and nail a specific style :p But you gotta start somewhere...

Now I just need to keep up with the story mode, drag some fellow sackfolks along with me to get other items,

EDIT: And yes, it does take abit (imo anyway) to re-wrap your head around creating or where to start, even if you've made levels before. I think i need to go brush up on all the tutorials again, then turn create to advanced.

All these extra layers really work wonders for creating background images, but I really do want to figure out how to get some 3D movement going at some points, or at least how to make decent buildings.

Looks great love the style!

Deadstar

Can any LBP masters answer these questions?

1. How do I download all my previously bought dlc? I already imported both LBP1 and LBP2 profiles. Does that do it?

2. Related to question 1 is there any kind of download list that shows me all my owned dlc, what's downloaded and what isn't?

3. I have my published levels visable on my earth but none of my in progress levels from lbp2 from either the earth or moon came over. Can I log in to lbp2 on ps3, publish those levels and then download them and alter them in lbp3?

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Can any LBP masters answer these questions?

1. How do I download all my previously bought dlc? I already imported both LBP1 and LBP2 profiles. Does that do it?

2. Related to question 1 is there any kind of download list that shows me all my owned dlc, what's downloaded and what isn't?

3. I have my published levels visable on my earth but none of my in progress levels from lbp2 from either the earth or moon came over. Can I log in to lbp2 on ps3, publish those levels and then download them and alter them in lbp3?

1. Use the online store (has the most complete catalogue at the moment), check out LBP3's add-ons, and look through 'em until you find ones that are marked free (those are ones that you own). "Buy" those, and they should be available in the game.

2. Not really. Not at the moment anyway. LBP2 has a section in the store called "My Stuff", but I don't see anything like that in LBP3's store. And they haven't finished adding all of the old DLC to 3 yet either.

3. Yeah, that's the way to do it. Doing it myself right now.

Deadstar

1. Use the online store (has the most complete catalogue at the moment), check out LBP3's add-ons, and look through 'em until you find ones that are marked free (those are ones that you own). "Buy" those, and they should be available in the game.

2. Not really. Not at the moment anyway. LBP2 has a section in the store called "My Stuff", but I don't see anything like that in LBP3's store. And they haven't finished adding all of the old DLC to 3 yet either.

3. Yeah, that's the way to do it. Doing it myself right now.

Cool thanks man. I played up till unlocking Toggle tonight. Oddsock is a ton of fun to use, Toggle is awesome too. I wish they had a handful more levels where you play as each though. The new gadgets are really awesome. I'm loving what they added here.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So, in my first hour or two of playing, the game crashed once and I got stuck and had to kill myself twice. The rest of the game ran smoothly with only VERY minor pop-in. The game runs fanastic.

Finished the campaign, was trying to get as many goodies as I can going through, and only tried to 100% two challenges (the ones where you have to make stuff). Took me about 8-9 hours.

Any Collectibell guides out there? Need 2-3 more costumes and I'm missing 15 or so that I've been searching everywhere for but I can't seem to find =|

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I'm disc. My gf is playing coop with me, maybe thats why? We're in my pod, too.

Also the fact that she gets none of my lbp1/2 imported outfits makes me sad. And no trophies :( this game seems very not-coop friendly.

Which is extra odd if there is a gold trophy for playing through the whole game in coop. So you potentially have to do that twice, once with you as the leader, once with your friend for you to both get medals?

hello people...
i did ask a few days ago but i got no reply and i'm just checking in again in case anyone can help me.....
does anyone know why little big planet 3 is the most expensive release this year?
i'm in the uk and whilst i can find gta5, far cry and smash e.t.c all for around £38-£40 little big planet 3 is around £48-£50?
does it come with something extra that i am unaware of?
i keep checking descriptions and it seems to be regular editions so what gives?
does it contain little big planet 1 and 2 as well on the ps4 or are they just being greedy?

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Ugh, I can't edit my levels from LBP2 because I "don't have" the content that the levels contain.

I wanted to see if my 10fps sprite based level ran any better on LBP3...

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
Ugh, I can't edit my levels from LBP2 because I "don't have" the content that the levels contain.

I wanted to see if my 10fps sprite based level ran any better on LBP3...

I wish they could just give us a €3 DLC where we unlock everything from LBP1+2+Vita. They can even split them up. I want them all but don't have time to play the games as many times as unlocking requires.

hello people...
i did ask a few days ago but i got no reply and i'm just checking in again in case anyone can help me.....
does anyone know why little big planet 3 is the most expensive release this year?
i'm in the uk and whilst i can find gta5, far cry and smash e.t.c all for around £38-£40 little big planet 3 is around £48-£50?
does it come with something extra that i am unaware of?
i keep checking descriptions and it seems to be regular editions so what gives?
does it contain little big planet 1 and 2 as well on the ps4 or are they just being greedy?

Yeah, I don't know what that's about. It's £48 on Amazon whereas no other new-gen release is that expensive, so I'm not sure what the hell Sony are thinking. LBP games tend to reduce in price quite quickly though, so you shouldn't have to wait long before you can buy it at a reasonable price. I'll bite at £35.

Apt101

Yeah, I don't know what that's about. It's £48 on Amazon whereas no other new-gen release is that expensive, so I'm not sure what the hell Sony are thinking. LBP games tend to reduce in price quite quickly though, so you shouldn't have to wait long before you can buy it at a reasonable price. I'll bite at £35.

Yea LBP2 dropped to $40 USD in about two months in my area. I turned my back and it was in the $30 bin.

Vein

Banned
I'm def picking this up. Probably the end of year version preferably like every time before. I don't have any time atm.

mrklaw

MrArseFace

I don't see what it has to do with Sony. Presumably the physical discs are a similar price for Amazon to buy. It is £5 cheaper on PSN than third party games so the physical discrepancy is even more pronounced.

i've been looking everywhere in the uk, it's crazy as i see every single other new release for around £40 but this game is about £50-£55 everywhere.
I would have bought it but i guess i'll now wit until it's second hand and really cheap.
Can nobody in the us please tell me why this game is so expensive?
what does it contain that's costing so much more? if it has little big planet 1 and 2 levels then that's worth the extra cost but if it's just the developers being greedy then i'll just wait til it's much cheaper.

So reading this thread it seems like the story mode really is a lot shorter?

What a shame. User created levels have nothing on the story mode.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
Question - how do I properly transfer all my save data from one PS3 to another PS3? I uploaded my game save to Online Storage and copied it to the second console. All the story levels I visited earlier are already unlocked, but NONE of the hundreds of stickers and costumes I picked up from before are there. All my collectable stats just say 0%.

I must be skipping a step somewhere. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

how does one disable the screensaver when idle in game? because wouldn't watching a tutorial video not consider idle? i guess it does. i was watching the dynamic thermometer and then the idle video played.

TheMink

My SEN store says "unavailable" for my purchased DLC and explains the reason is because I already bought them. But I have yet to gain access to them in game.

SerTapTap

Save upload failed...I take it that's because of my created levels and the upload limit? Any way to backup my actual save but not the levels since they're in LBP's system anyway?

JohngPR

Has there been any news on fixing the pop-it freeze issue?

I know that taking all of your screenshots off of your PS4 fixes the issue, but that really isn't a viable fix for me considering that taking more screenshots makes the problem come back. Hope it's sooner than later because the game is unplayable for me right now. :(

Has there been any news on fixing the pop-it freeze issue?

I know that taking all of your screenshots off of your PS4 fixes the issue, but that really isn't a viable fix for me considering that taking more screenshots makes the problem come back. Hope it's sooner than later because the game is unplayable for me right now. :(
Donkey says there may be a solution. but no word on when it'll get fixed. right now it's just backing and deleting the screenshots for the time being.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
What about Shareplay? Find a friend or someone onGAF to play with you.

Not sure what this means. I'm happy to play with GAF folks, but I don't like to marathon levels. I like to do one level, do some other stuff, do another level, etc. Is that how multiplayer works?

JohngPR

Donkey says there may be a solution. but no word on when it'll get fixed. right now it's just backing and deleting the screenshots for the time being.

Ah thanks. Hopefully sooner rather than later then. My son and I are itching to play this together.

:-/

the popit powerup is pretty cool. saw a bit from the car challenge and during the popit academy. but it makes for a nice user created level since you caan manipulate the level and freeze and still be able to move around*

*if you set to allow sackboy to move around.

Qwark

A couple days in I'm starting to notice some issues. I have had a couple bugs, nothing game-breaking and no crashes to the OS like some people have reported. Just some small things like falling through the environment and spawning into invisible space on one boss fight. Mildly annoying, but rare enough not to detract too much.

I've also noticed some gameplay issues, most noticeably when playing with multiple people. Why would they ever have grab and using items be the same button? It is extremely frustrating with 4 players trying to use the blinker ball thing, but instead we keep grabbing each other because there's only one very small platform that we're all standing on. The increased layers (which I love otherwise), also makes 4-players extremely chaotic, especially on the story levels. It got to the point that I would just leave people behind because they couldn't follow what was going on, and of course LBP still has the weird camera thing where it follows only the person closest to the goal even if you have to go the other way to actually get to the goal. I've also had a couple issues with sticky layers where it seemed impossible to jump one layer ahead, I've been frustrated with this in the past games but never quite this bad.

Another issue with 4-player. To play online, all 4 local players need to have a PSN account. At least that's what it seemed like when trying to use guest accounts. A lot of my friends don't have PSN accounts, so this is a pretty big annoyance that they need an account just to play local co-op with me. If somebody knows a way around this, please let me know.

Anybody else having issues accessing certain level packs? I have bought most of them, but the only ones I can play are the Pirates and I think the MGS one.

A couple gripes, but it's still an incredibly charming game. The story feels more like a return to LBP1's quirky story and less of LBP2's child fairytale story (which I found to be grating after a while). I think the new hub worlds really work, it makes it feel like a real world to explore and not just a series of levels. I haven't even started in Create mode, but played a couple of the top community picks and they're very good. I also really like the new create a solution levels, reminds me a lot of Scribblenauts and Nuts and Bolts, both of which I really enjoyed.

A lot of the issues listed above (all but 4-player chaos, probably) could be fixed with a patch and hopefully it does. Right now I'd give it 8/10.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Bugs and fixes:

Prologue to Manglewood Story Block
Issue: If you skip or exit out of the Prologue's final cutscene. The Manglewood Book does not unlock and the story does not progress.

Workaround: Whilst in your Pod. Go into the Pause Menu, scroll down to profile and click on "Merge LittleBigPlanet Profiles".
Replay the final cinematic of the Prologue, watch it to the end and allow the Adventure to proceed to Manglewood.

Severe Popit Lag
Issue: The Popit takes a very long time to open and the game struggles to scroll through its contents at a reasonable pace.

This is affecting users with large numbers of screenshots stored in their PlayStation 4 Capture Gallery. This relates to screenshots across ALL titles and not just LittleBigPlanet 3.

Workaround: Move or Delete Screenshots from your Capture Gallery.
An upcoming fix will prevent these screenshots from causing this Popit lag.

Missing LBP2 and DLC Content
Issue: Some users are experiencing missing content from their profiles.
We are currently looking into these issues and are working to get them resolved asap.

LittleBigPlanet 2 Content
An error is preventing this content from being imported. We are working on a fix for this that will allow you to import all of the content that you have earned from LittleBigPlanet 2.

LittleBigPlanet DLC
Some content that you have previously purchased is not available for free download. If you already own this content, it should be available for download and we are working with the US PlayStation Store team to ensure that all content is made available to users that own it.

Missing Sound Objects
Issue: There are very few Sound Objects available in Create Mode.

Update: This is an issue with the catalogue and there should be a much wider range of new Sound Objects available. This will be fixed in our upcoming 1.3 update. (Date TBC)

http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/sh...gPlanet-3-Known-Issues-Update-and-Workarounds

Deadstar

I wish they could just give us a €3 DLC where we unlock everything from LBP1+2+Vita. They can even split them up. I want them all but don't have time to play the games as many times as unlocking requires.

I thought I read everything comes over? So it's only things you've unlocked?

Also is there any issue with trying to import LBP1 and LBP2 stuff multiple times?

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Anybody else having issues accessing certain level packs? I have bought most of them, but the only ones I can play are the Pirates and I think the MGS one.

Funny, I own both of those but neither shows up. Now I can play DC and Marvel and Incredibles and one other are listed but locked (never bought them). I can't recall what the last one is... BTW the DC level looks great on the PS4.

I think I bought Marvel, MGS, Pirates, Muppets and DC.

Got the game yesterday and got to play it. It has so much charm! And I love the narrator.

I made it to Manglewood and played the Deep Space Drive-in level. The whole 70s homage is really cool, and that song is stuck in my head.

Severe Popit Lag
Issue: The Popit takes a very long time to open and the game struggles to scroll through its contents at a reasonable pace.

This is affecting users with large numbers of screenshots stored in their PlayStation 4 Capture Gallery. This relates to screenshots across ALL titles and not just LittleBigPlanet 3.

Workaround: Move or Delete Screenshots from your Capture Gallery.
An upcoming fix will prevent these screenshots from causing this Popit lag.

So that's what was causing it. I think I'll wait for the patch, I don't want to delete my screenshots.

i can do the Incredibles, marvel, and The Nightmare before Christmas Level
MGS is gone for me
Creator Pack 1 shows locked but i have a gold bag icon on it.

it also doesn't track % the stuff i collected. unless i'm actually in the level and i hit OPTION and go into Details

Qwark

Funny, I own both of those but neither shows up. Now I can play DC and Marvel and Incredibles and one other are listed but locked (never bought them). I can't recall what the last one is... BTW the DC level looks great on the PS4.

I think I bought Marvel, MGS, Pirates, Muppets and DC.

I might be mis-remembering, I'll check when I get home. I know I only had access to 2 of them though, and DC was not one of them even though I have purchased it.

Teknoman

Not sure what this means. I'm happy to play with GAF folks, but I don't like to marathon levels. I like to do one level, do some other stuff, do another level, etc. Is that how multiplayer works?

Shareplay as in streaming the game to someone that doesnt have the game.

And yeah, GAF people (at least LBP wise) usually dont mind variety of things when playing co-op. Most of the time people would skip around to different levels.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
From LBPCentral concerning DLC:

Hello Everyone!

We are currently investigating a number of issues relating to LittleBigPlanet DLC and working with the regional PlayStation Store teams to ensure that we can get this content to you in a timely manner.

To give you all an update on the current issues...

Missing Limited-Time Content
Some players are currently unable to download this content. We’re looking into this issue and will ensure that everyone has a fair opportunity to download the following content before its permanent removal from the PlayStation Store.

LittleBigPlanet 3 Rare T-Shirt Pack
Launch Spacesuit Costumes Pack

Unavailable Content
Due to compatibility reasons with LittleBigPlanet 3, the following add-on content is currently unavailable to download for use in LBP3. We are currently working to make this content compatible with LittleBigPlanet 3 in upcoming updates and they will become available to download after these updates go live.

LittleBigPlanet 2: Cross-Controller Pack
LittleBigPlanet 2: Move Pack
Metal Gear Solid Premium Level Pack
The Muppet’s Premium Level Pack

Other Missing Content

We are actively tracking reports of DLC that is either unavailable for purchase or that has previously been purchased but the player is being told to purchase the content again. We are working with the PlayStation Store team to get these items restored to their expected status for all users.

If you have previously purchased content and are being told to purchase it again, please refrain from purchasing this content a second time. Once this issue has been resolved, you will be able to download previously purchased content again for free, as intended.

If you are missing any content, please feel free to email us with your issue to hello@littlebigplanet.com

To assist us further, please include the following information...

DLC Name
Your PSN Name
Nature of the Issue (E.g. Not Visibile On Store. Requires a Second Purchase.)
Your Nationality.
The Console you are using. (PS3, PS4 or Both)

Thank you for your co-operation whilst we investigate these issues.

http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/sh...net-3-DLC-Issues-Update&p=1199634#post1199634

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Why is the R1 button grab *and* climb *and* fire weapon? I' em only just started the game but the blinkball power up is really frustrating. R1 to climb up something, jump off, the weapon fires and you
get teleported back where you just were
. Also blowing away sponge blocks you want to grab because I'm used to holding down R1 in mid jump

I also second the idea of a paid DLC option to unlock all items from LBP 1+2. I have played through them but on a different PSN account so I won't be able to unlock them in LBP3

Top Bottom