• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Live-action Winnie the Pooh movie In the works

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toothless

This will be interesting.

EXCLUSIVE: Disney has set a live-action feature adaptation of the animated classic Winnie The Pooh. This is the latest example of the studio re-purposing properties it controls, and it’s also the second time they’ve brought in a cutting-edge independent filmmaker to shape the vision. Disney has hired Alex Ross Perry, the writer-director of the Sundance indie Listen Up Philip. The focus will be Christopher Robin as an adult, which brings him back to A.A. Milne’s famous bear and the Hundred Acre Wood.

I wonder how they’ll celebrity it up. Chris Pratt as Christopher Robin?

Ferrio

Banned
The focus will be Christopher Robin as an adult, which brings him back to A.A. Milne’s famous bear and the Hundred Acre Wood.

Ugh ugh ugh. The trailer will have a record scratch won't it?

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
3418047-4757105568-grizz.jpg

Honey!

rude

Banned
sounds so fucking dumb and chris pratt is awful. what's with guys and their boners for him?

I'm not familiar with Alex Ross Perry's work but at least it sounds like they are taking a chance by allowing independent filmmakers to make something unique. Not really sure if this is a better idea than an animated film but I guess I'll see.

pixelation

They better use the same method that was used in "Where the Wild Things Are" for Pooh and the rest, instead of going completely CG.

Ventara

Are you kidding me? A live-action Winnie the Pooh? This might be a worse idea than a live-action Dumbo. Disney is going too far.

jett

D-Member
What a poor, bad fucking idea. I can't say enough how terrible everything about this is and is going to be.

They better use the same method that was used in "Where the Wild Things Are" for Pooh and the rest, instead of going completely CG.

FUCK I was literally just about to quote someone CG post and reply with that lol. Yeah, Where the Wild Things Are is a gorgeous movie and I really hope its done along those lines.

Toothless

Wonder if they'll go the Hook route and get a 40-year-old, or if it'll be like post-college and it'll be late 20s for Christopher Robin.

tanooki27

oh man does anyone know the artist of that pooh and gang gone wild picture above?

and is eeyore dead or drunk or what

Love the books, idolise E H Shepard's original illustrations. Dislike the Disneyfication of the characters, even though A. A. Milne saw, and was delighted by the animation, he was essentially a Victorian and viewed the movie as a miraculous thing.

Interesting that they'll use an elderly Christopher Milne as a narrative device, as he grew to loathe the books and claimed they'd blighted his life.

I live about 30 miles from Hundred Acre Wood/Ashdown Forest and have played poohsticks on the original bridge before they rebuilt it.

Pooh-and-Piglet.jpg

Christopher Robin is a steroid addicted baseball player that is kicked out of the mlb and has to put together a spiritual game with the help of his friend Pooh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom