• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

London 2012 Summer Olympics |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happened earlier today but did anyone see Anthony Ogogo's boxing match today? Absolutely shocking decision giving him the fight.

Ievgen Khytrov destroyed him the final round. At least 5 points clear of him in that round. Home town reffing or what. No surprise none of the British press raised any doubts about his win. Pfft. Worst decision of the Games so far.

Sealda

Banned
Cant wait till China invest more time and effort into their swimming team next olympics. Only to be met with "boooooo, cheaters, china must be doping"...

Duh, no wonder, the worlds richest country will invest in Swimming when there are 36 medals to get.

Knoxcore

Go find the FULL SESSION stream.

I hope it works for everyone else but for me it is just a black screen (yes, I'm signed in). And in the other feed it is just ads. At least I got to see the three preceding finals but NBC really knows how to let people down. I can't blame them for trying to make money but at least try to cater to the fans who want to see these things live.

Sky Chief

Cant wait till China invest more time and effort into their swimming team next olympics. Only to be met with "boooooo, cheaters, china must be doping"...

Duh, no wonder, the worlds richest country will invest in Swimming when there are 36 medals to get.

The USA doesn't invest in shit. It is one of the only countries in the world where the Olympic Federation is funded solely by private donations.

Keep up with the salt.

Happened earlier today but did anyone see Anthony Ogogo's boxing match today? Absolutely shocking decision giving him the fight.

Ievgen Khytrov destroyed him the final round. At least 5 points clear of him in that round. Home town reffing or what. No surprise none of the British press raised any doubts about his win. Pfft. Worst decision of the Games so far.

Ogogo lost that fight, but that's boxing for you

giga

pkQp7.jpg

Greg

I hope it works for everyone else but for me it is just a black screen (yes, I'm signed in). And in the other feed it is just ads. At least I got to see the three preceding finals but NBC really knows how to let people down. I can't blame them for trying to make money but at least try to cater to the fans who want to see these things live.
I'm not doubting you because I had issues earlier, but this is the link I'm on right now just to be sure:

http://www.nbcolympics.com/liveextr...-finals-full-session-finals-sf-ceremonies-mds

Dinokill

rm-1313437142-U7538.gif

iASrTlRMPAJFO.gif

Just posted this in the other olympics thread, but check out this clip if you haven't already.

Clip: http://www.nbcolympics.com/video/gymnastics/highlights-fabulous-five-on-vault.html

McKayla Maroney's vault at 2:50.

Also, check out the slo-mo at 4:08 and look at the judge's expression to the left of her at 4:30.
Yeah, we've talked about that a billion times now; that's a perfect vault no matter the judges score, I wonder if she'll repeat it in the vault finals.

Tapiozona

Banned
USA have a very smart tactic. Invest everything on 5-6 good swimmers, then they can together earn 36 medals for USA...

The US doesn't invest anything into them. That's not how swimming works in the US. Swimmers train in clubs which receive no money from the government. Sure they spend about a month at the Olympic training camp but most all the swimmers bring their own coaches and do 99% of their training with the respective clubs and/or universities.

numble

I really think there should be 3-on-3 basketball.
And 3 point shootout.
And Skills contest.
And Sprite Rising Stars Dunk Contest.

There should also be a medley for all these events. Lamar Odom would do well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom