• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Usain Bolt loses one of nine Olympic Golds after relay team mate drug test

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skii

"Guyz every athlete uses drugz! Trust me! You're all being naive shills, etc. Me, who has probably never even competed at a college level, know this for sure!"

Of course everyone is. You honestly think people won't use drugs to give them an advantage in sports - a multi-billion dollar industry? They'd be stupid not to considering everyone else does. Anyone that gets caught just isn't using the latest drug.

I want to believe Bolt has always been clean, but out of the top 10 100 meter sprinters haven't like 6 of them been caught in the past? Almost seems too good to be true :(

So (and call me naive if you want) you guys just assume that every dominant sports person uses performance enhancing drugs? Does that include Serena Williams? Roger Federer? The Klitschko brothers? Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce? Michael Phelps?

Skii

So (and call me naive if you want) you guys just assume that every dominant sports person uses performance enhancing drugs? Does that include Serena Williams? Roger Federer? The Klitschko brothers? Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce? Michael Phelps?

Yes. They all most likely use them because their competition does. If no one used drugs, they'd still win but because everyone does, they have to.

Federer might not use them because of the way he plays though. His game isn't physical.

At this point I'd be disappointed if Bolt wasn't juicing. If he could be his dominant clean, imagine the shit he would do on PEDs? He's cheating us.

I hope Bolt is clean if he is found to be doping we would never hear the end of it

The impact of Bolt being found to be a doper would be so great that I have my doubts that there would be any appetite for the authorities to expose him, even if they had proof.

I really hope he isn't a cheat, but given the sport's track record, and Bolt's complete dominance even when his rivals are doping, makes me very doubtful.

The impact of Bolt being found to be a doper would be so great that I have my doubts that there would be any appetite for the authorities to expose him, even if they had proof.

I really hope he isn't a cheat, but given the sport's track record, and Bolt's complete dominance even when his rivals are doping, makes me very doubtful.

ZF3Z33c.gif

s0C9E.gif

clemenx

Banned
I don't care about juicing at this point but I still think Bolt doesn't. Not that it really matters.

He has a freak body that no one else has and just screams sprinting robot to me. He started winning when he managed turn his starts from "absolutely terrible" to "bad but not that bad" speed was always there.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
In 2017 this will go as "Usain Bolt loses gold medals for testing positive for dope.".

Parch

This isn't like NFL or MLB where an athlete could dope without the rest of the team knowing. A 4 man sprint team is together and training a lot, so it's a little impossible to believe that Bolt didn't know his teammate was doping and highly increases the possibility that Bolt was involved as well.

It might never be proven that Bolt was on anything, but c'mon. When a sprint teammate gets busted, this certainly clouds the possibility that Bolt had a clean career.

I believe they do. We as humans aren't evolving to keep getting bigger and better at these sports. If we were genetically breeding for it , this method would take hundreds and hundreds of years. Instead science has progressed so rapidly in the past 100 years and performance enhancing drugs keep getting better and better.

Honestly don't know if Bolt would care to lose a single medal won in a team event due to another teammember's problem

Guy misplaced like 4 of his gold medals once and said he'd just win some more next games. Pretty sure he found them all though lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom