• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Usain Bolt loses one of nine Olympic Golds after relay team mate drug test

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juicy Bob

BBC: Usain Bolt loses 'treble treble' as Nesta Carter tests positive

Usain Bolt will have to hand back one of his nine Olympic gold medals after Jamaican team-mate Nesta Carter tested positive for a banned substance.

Carter was part of the Jamaican quartet that won the 4x100m in Beijing in 2008.

His was one of 454 doping samples retested by the International Olympic Committee (IOC) last year, and has been found to contain the prohibited substance methylhexaneamine.

Carter, 31, was also part of the squad that won the event at London 2012.
Well, that's a shame.

Fedelias

Doesn't seem like Bolt is at fault/should be shamed for this, but makes sense that he'd have to return the medal anyway.

weekev

Banned
Really disappointing that someone who puts the work in gets screwed over by a team mate taking short cuts. Understandable but bet hes pissed off.

damn when I saw the headline I thought it was him that tested positive. Not surprised by this because several of the Jamaicans have been busted along with countless others from other countries.

So how does this work? Do all of the athletes give samples each year they compete and then the samples can be pulled up for testing at any time?

sfedai0

Banned
Love to give him the benefit of doubt but after seeing Lance Armstrong get caught, I cant say that any one that's that dominant not be juicing to some degree.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
That's a shame he lost out.

This is going to end up being a "Every single pro athlete takes drugs, if you think they don't you're stupid." thread.

LakeEarth

So how does this work? Do all of the athletes give samples each year they compete and then the samples can be pulled up for testing at any time?

Yes, they freeze samples to test years later, once the testing has caught up with the new performance enhancing drugs of the time.

All the top sprinters in the past few years have been busted for drugs but I'd like to imagine Bolt is the exception, hopefully he's just a freak of nature.

Mesousa

Banned
You are delusional if you don't think Bolt has been doping too. His terrible start, and dominance, is as clear as day. Look at his head last olympics too. Balding like hell.

It will come out one day when the investment in him is gone. He means too much for the sport at this point in time.

Really disappointing that someone who puts the work in gets screwed over by a team mate taking short cuts.

Even with drugs, all of them put in massive work. Not a matter of that. Massive work is a given for these athletes. Just a matter of trying to find a way to overcome genetic disadvantages.

You are delusional if you don't think Bolt has been doping too. His terrible start, and dominance, is as clear as day. Look at his head last olympics too. Balding like hell.

It will come out one day when the investment in him is gone. He means too much for the sport at this point in time.

Yarp. Errybody juices. Some get caught. Life goes on. This history has happened so many times i truly cannot understand how people still manage to delude themselves. The feats achieved by the athletes are amazing anyway, no need to try to dismiss them because they didn't let a roll of the dice at conception define their limits.

BigAT

Really disappointing that someone who puts the work in gets screwed over by a team mate taking short cuts. Understandable but bet hes pissed off.

Wait, are we really pretending that Bolt doesn't use anything? Is everyone in here serious or just kidding, I can't tell.

ElNino

Not that I'm claiming he is clean, but balding is the trait you are going to use? If so, I should be jacked.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
"Guyz every athlete uses drugz! Trust me! You're all being naive shills, etc. Me, who has probably never even competed at a college level, know this for sure!"
Watch Bigger, Stronger, Faster.

Everyone is using. Especially today since so much money is in it. I wouldn't be surprised if his sponsors supply the juice to him directly.

Skyr

Well it sucks that he has to take the repercussions of his teammates fault..

And tbh methylhexaneamine (DMAA) is a rather light stimulant substance.
You could basically compare it to caffeine with a slightly better effect. And is still sold under a different name in alot of over the counter supplements. Then of course you could argue that at this level every edge counts..

Mesousa

Banned
Not that I'm claiming he is clean, but balding is the trait you are going to use? If so, I should be jacked.

His head looks like the head of an old man though in terms of his balding. Especially compared to his look before. I mean, there is a relationship between juicing and premature balding. He really looks to have hit it hard.

His head looks like the head of an old man though in terms of his balding. Especially compared to his look before. I mean, there is a relationship between juicing and premature balding. He really looks to have hit it hard.

Blake Bortles must be the biggest juicer in history then.

Blader

That's too bad, but still doesn't really take away from Bolt's nine achievements anyway, which is all anyone cares about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom