• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

London 2012 Summer Olympics |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

I think Missy is a poor example cause endorsement dollars leaving Phelps are going to go to her at some level. She'll likely take his spot on Subway commercials.

People like Nathan Adrian, Matt Grevers, Rebecca Soni, and Dana Vollmer, who have won multiple gold medals, still are definitely are going back to being anonymous after the Olympics are over and will only get money from the likes of Speedo, TYR, and Arena.

Vollmer has a shot at a certain level of stardom for at least a few months because she's quite pretty. I had no clue she won a gold back in 2004 though. No one knows who these people are.

I had never heard of Missy Franklin until a handful of days ago but I imagine she'll stay quite well known due to her age and success. Unfortunately for Allison Schmitt, she has no real future at receiving recognition due to her poor looks and goofy voice. Using her would be a marketing nightmare.

Vyrance

Seriously we don't invest in dumb stuff like weightlifting or table tennis.

Ariel Hsing (table tennis) is only 16 years old and she was looking pretty good this year against the eventually gold medalist. She should be around for a while.

I don't think you understand salt. I just find it a little monotonous to watch US win gold medals all over the show in the swimming, it's more exciting to me when someone else wins it. Just like routing the underdog, even if they aren't underdogs.

Don't get testy at me because your phrasing was terrible. Your first comment was full of salt. You took the negative route by saying I love when americans don't win swimming medals instead of saying I find it more exciting when the other countries swimmers win. negativity vs positivity, making you look bitter. I think I understand salt better than you.

EDIT: point proven
I forgot being a Junior Member of GAF meant that I had to support the Great Americas in all endeavours. Responses like this are the exact reason why I take great please when they lose.

Your two statements are very contradictory

Macattk15

I forgot being a Junior Member of GAF meant that I had to support the Great Americas in all endeavours. Responses like this are the exact reason why I take great please when they lose.

You are super salty. "I take great pleasure when the USA loses."

Acting like a silver medal winning Russian gymnast you are.

I'm not completely with them because caring about the overall medal count is pretty dumb. It's undeniable that US has great swimmers, and it's undeniable that swimming garners more medals than any other sport.
But it's legitimate when China pours a ton of resources into sports no one gives a shit about overwhelm the competition and up their medal count?

USA tied for golds and leading in overall medals.

qy9Es.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom