• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

London 2012 Summer Olympics |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Withnail

I'm gonna stream it. Doubt they air it live, though.

There seems to be a marker where the first jump has to be. Is this jump measured in any way? Then the second jump doesn't have a mark and seems less like a jump. Then the third looks like a normal long jump.

They measure the total distance.

mokeyjoe

I'm gonna stream it. Doubt they air it live, though.

There seems to be a marker where the first jump has to be. Is this jump measured in any way? Then the second jump doesn't have a mark and seems less like a jump. Then the third looks like a normal long jump.

They don't measure each jump - it's the total distance covered.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Gary, er, Lineker, er, hasn't, er, got, er, a, er, fucking, er, clue, er, about, er, anything, er, maybe, er, if, er, he, speaks, er, slowly, er, nobody, er, will, er, notice, er, that, er, he, er, doesn't, er, know, er, what, er, he's, er, talking, er, about.

fuenf

watching Lisicki playing mixed in the Olympics might be the cutest / most entertaining thing ever, she should have her own reality show.

400m time.

ibfNnNWsY36qQa.png

Let's go Kirani!

clemenx

Banned
Why are the records on the Throwing events so long lasting? Do kids don't get feed as well as they were before? lol. They all seem borderline mythical.

Meadows

Banned
dat 400m guide

glad people realise how hard it is. I used to run it for my school and it fucking kills you every time. I much preferred the 1500m but we had a club runner level athlete for that.

wilsham

Neo Member
wow Hammer throw is a sport i have never seen before outside of a computer game. Its great! no commentary on BBC it seems though which is a shame.

mokeyjoe

Why are the records on the Throwing events so long lasting? Do kids don't get feed as well as they were before? lol. They all seem borderline mythical.

Well I know with javelin they had to alter them so they didn't fly as far, it was getting dangerous.

Bo-Locks

I'm guessing most are East German/ USSR records from the 80s when they were all doping like crazy. Some records will probably never be beaten.

szaromir

Banned
[volleyball]
Watching Turkey is really frustrating. Such a charismatic team, yet their amounts of choking is unbearable. Hopefully they'll reach QF though.

Juicy Bob

Apparently there was a technical fault during that Lineker/Ainslie interview and Gary couldn't hear anything Ben was saying through his earpiece.

modulaire

watching Lisicki playing mixed in the Olympics might be the cutest / most entertaining thing ever, she should have her own reality show.

It is cute watching her for ONE match.

But there is a reason her teammates gave her the nickname "drama-queen".

All the smiling, crying, collapsing etc is just too much if you follow tennis all season.

Nolan.

That Solomon guy from Australia in the 400m seems like a nice guy, he was trying to shake one guy's hand but the guy was too busy celebrating

Well I know with javelin they had to alter them so they didn't fly as far, it was getting dangerous.

They changed the center of mass of the javelin in 1986, to make it fly less far, and to always make it stick into the ground clearly. The world record started fresh, though, at that mometnt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom