• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Looks like all digital PSP / PSone games work on Vita now [Not Anymore]

trikster40

It does not say anything about a Vita version of either game. It sounds like they are just allowing the PSP games to be purchased on the Vita.

Stupid IGN. I posted that not long after they wrote that article, and it sounded like they were making ports to Vita, not just making PSP digital releases. Now I am sad.

dolabla

...I don't get it, my Vita still has my PS1/PSP games/demos able to download, and its not like Sony would do this so soon; people are buying PSP/PS1 games and giving money to the liscence owners/Sony. They would be stupid to remove these games from peoples Vita's.

If the floodgates are really closing, Sony is going to have LOTS of fun dealing with the very angry Vita audience :l.

They're definitely gonna have some explaining to do on why these games that worked are no longer downloadable anymore. Jesus Christ! I was planning on buying several PS1 and PSP games.

tumblr_ma75r8L0Nu1qz53j7o9_500.gif

Cudder

You've gotta be shitting me, they've gone back on this?

edit: the Motorstorm Arctic Edge I bought a couple days ago is no longer downloadable on my Vita through download list. LOL Sony you twats, what possible reason could you have for reversing this?

RK128

I'm just thankful Gaf let me in on this; would have never got the Crash/Spyro games on my Vita (alongside Pac-Man CE and some new purchases) :[.

This is just stupid. People have been asking for years to get these games on Vita and this FINALLY happens...only for it to be withdrawn from us in a matter of days.

Sony wonders why the Vita doesn't sell? Its because of stupid shit like this; a feature that not only is something that should be on the damn system to being with but something that would help the Vita be a greater value to potential buyers.

Really, if you are going to have PS1/PSP emulators on your system, have every game that works on those emulators WORK on the things; the PS1 games look amazing on Vita and being able to re-map the right stick for many PSP games makes them so much more playable.

I know I'm harping on this and really have no reason to be upset (as I got more or less all the games I wanted on my Vita like the Crash/Spryo games), but this is just messed up. Will keep a close eye on Sony going forward...

I'm just thankful Gaf let me in on this; would have never got the Crash/Spyro games on my Vita (alongside Pac-Man CE and some new purchases) :[.

This is just stupid. People have been asking for years to get these games on Vita and this FINALLY happens...only for it to be withdrawn from us in a matter of days.

Sony wonders why the Vita doesn't sell? Its because of stupid shit like this; a feature that not only is something that should be on the damn system to being with but something that would help the Vita be a greater value to potential buyers.

Really, if you are going to have PS1/PSP emulators on your system, have every game that works on those emulators WORK on the things; the PS1 games look amazing on Vita and being able to re-map the right stick for many PSP games makes them so much more playable.

I know I'm harping on this and really have no reason to be upset (as I got more or less all the games I wanted on my Vita like the Crash/Spryo games), but this is just messed up. Will keep a close eye on Sony going forward...

It's annoying because they could have just left them as "unofficially supported titles." You can't buy them from your Vita, and Vita isn't listed as a supported platform on the other stores.

But I have a feeling they took them down in case of potential exploits.

RK128

It's annoying because they could have just left them as "unofficially supported titles." You can't buy them from your Vita, and Vita isn't listed as a supported platform on the other stores.

But I have a feeling they took them down in case of potential exploits.

Well, then they should have fixed those exploits rather than piss off there consumers :l. I mean, can't they just re-upload the games with the exploits and remove them...

CLEEK

Just checked, and my Download List is still showing 'Download' for all games. R-Types, Pac-Man CE etc are all still available for me to download directly from my Vita.

US account, btw.

Well, then they should have fixed those exploits rather than piss off there consumers :l. I mean, can't they just re-upload the games with the exploits and remove them...

But they obviously opened the flood gates on accident. Finding (and fixing) exploits on hundreds of games would be a challenge.

Still sucks that I lost $8 on my purchase of Motorstorm AE though. Good thing I took GT and Wipeout Pulse out of my cart!

beast786

I can't imagine sony can just on there own have psp games on vita for every game. I am sure there has to be license issue with each publisher if they added another platform to vita.

They have to need permission from each publisher right?

Well. I got Valkyria Chronicles 2 and Jeanne D'arc on to my Vita which were the 2 main games I was interested in. Hopefully Unjammer Lammy transfers through the PS3 (about to find out in a bit). I probably would have bit on one of the Burnouts and maybe Blood Omen but oh well. Let's just hope that this was a rollout that wasn't supposed to happen yet and they'll flip the switch back on officially soon.

Well. I got Valkyria Chronicles 2 and Jeanne D'arc on to my Vita which were the 2 main games I was interested in. Hopefully Unjammer Lammy transfers through the PS3 (about to find out in a bit). I probably would have bit on one of the Burnouts and maybe Blood Omen but oh well. Let's just hope that this was a rollout that wasn't supposed to happen yet and they'll flip the switch back on officially soon.

I'm honestly hoping that they were preparing for an E3 surprise and just threw the switch too early.

RK128

But they obviously opened the flood gates on accident. Finding (and fixing) exploits on hundreds of games would be a challenge.

Still sucks that I lost $8 on my purchase of Motorstorm AE though. Good thing I took GT and Wipeout Pulse out of my cart!

Maybe you can get a refund on Motorstorm Dyslexic; you did purchase it by 'accident' (as you rightfully expected the game to work on your Vita), so you have a valid reason to get a refund from it. It sucks that you can't play it, as people say its a great game :(. Sorry man...

CKD5989

Party is over for me as well. Can no longer download the Genesis Collection or Pac-man Championship Edition. Knew I should have picked up Portable Ops.

androvsky

I can't imagine sony can just on there own have psp games on vita for every game. I am sure there has to be license issue with each publisher if they added another platform to vita.

They have to need permission from each publisher right?
I don't know. It's not like Sony needed permission to make PS1 discs work on the PS2 and PS3. I'm sure they'd need permission to sell games on the Vita, but just making them compatible shouldn't be a huge issue.

Flandy

Is Valkyria Chronicles 2 not compatible normally or can it be transferred through PS3?

Maybe you can get a refund on Motorstorm Dyslexic; you did purchase it by 'accident' (as you rightfully expected the game to work on your Vita), so you have a valid reason to get a refund from it. It sucks that you can't play it, as people say its a great game :(. Sorry man...

It may be one of the main reasons that this loophole was closed, actually. It was originally available to buy from the Vita store, but it was taken off -- along with Hot Shots Tennis -- when an exploit was found. HST came back, but M:AE never showed up again, until now. :(

holy shit, i was about to go to sleep but now i realize this may be my last chance ever to get a whole shitload of psp and ps1 games on my vita!! gotta act fast!!!

Can't imagine how shitty Portable Ops must've been without a second stick. Having a lot of fun with it right now on Vita.

whoa what? is the party over already? :(

Raptomex

Good thing I downloaded all the games I had available the last 2 days. But all the Spyro Games, Crash games, Metal Gear Solid, Star Wars: Dark Forces, no longer allowed to download. Even my download list looks different. It's showing more stuff. Like the entire selection changed. All DLC, everything. Weird. I don't know why the fuck they did what they did but that's just terrible. The games still work. I'm in the US.

Is Valkyria Chronicles 2 not compatible normally or can it be transferred through PS3?

It's not on the Vita store but you can buy it off the web store. It might have been transferable through the PS3 before but I was under the impression it wasn't for some reason.

My download list looks barren again. Lots of demos and games not downloadable again. US here.

Glad I got Brave Story down before the party ended.

pariah164

US?ArizonaGAF here. Yep, I'm locked out too. Dammit Sony.

But I did snag Legend of Dragoon plus Fate: Unlimited Codes, so I'm all set.

Was PS3 compatible previously. I have it, Too close to my download limit to redownload and check if it still is, sorry. Actually of the ~50 GB of PSP / PSX games I had there were only 2 that weren't either directly downloadable or PS3 transferrable (the Lunar Silver Star Story Demo and Brave Story: New Traveller). All PSP DLC had to be transferred via the PS3 as well.

US?ArizonaGAF here. Yep, I'm locked out too. Dammit Sony.

But I did snag Legend of Dragoon plus Fate: Unlimited Codes, so I'm all set.

If you have a PS3 both of these were transferrable that way as well.

I downloaded the most important things from my Download List as soon as I could.

Phantasy Star Portable 2, Pac-Man CE, and Brave Story.

Now they are all locked again.

But I still have them on my Vita and they are still playable. As long as Sony doesn't go the extra asshole mile and remotely delete them.. everything will.. kind of.. be fine.

Ugh. Sony does stuff like this all the time.. yet we keep rewarding them with money. :-/

RK128

Maybe this thread's tittle should change, as people are gradually going to lose access to their PSP/PS1 games...so it may be best not to mislead other members or lurkers; they will see this and end up wasting money on games they can't even play :(.

Sorry to sound so bitter, but this is just really messed up....

androvsky

I know Torgo from PS Nation was complaining because most of his PSP games just disappeared from his download list completely after the update. One of the reps told him PSN was still undergoing maintenance... hopefully this too is temporary and everyone gets access back.

Top Bottom