• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Looks like all digital PSP / PSone games work on Vita now [Not Anymore]

Since the party seems to be over now, has anyone tried using content manager to transfer the no longer downloadable games to PC / PS3 and see if they can still be transferred that way ?

RK128

Since the party seems to be over now, has anyone tried using content manager to transfer the no longer downloadable games to PC / PS3 and see if they can still be transferred that way ?

Going to give that a shot now. Will respond back if it works with Crash.

Edit: Yes! This method does work, as all of the PS1 games (Crash 1-CTR + Spyro 1-3) can all be selected and coped to PC :)

SEN:

psnissueslbljj.png

Vita:

psvscreenshot2jxve.jpg
Well, that would suck a lot.

Going to give that a shot now. Will respond back if it works with Crash.

Whoops sorry. I meant using Content Manager to transfer from Vita to PC/PS3 and then back. I"m pretty sure that PC/PS3 download and then VIta transfer won't work because that seems to be some kind of internal content manager black list , I found 3 PSX classics (Grandia, Arc the Lad: Monster Tournament, Arc the Lad II) and 3 PSP games (Class of Heroes 2, Mystic Chronicles, Generations of Chaos - Pandora's Reflection) that can be directly downloaded but not transferred, when I was transferring everything over a couple of weeks ago.

Edit - Ahh. You appear to have realised what I meant despite my terrible phrasing. Cool.

dolabla

Why are the Crash games locked in the first place? EU always could use them on Vita.

The whole thing is super fuckin weird and doesn't make any sense. Why can't we download PSP demos of games that do work? MGS Peace Walker you can play on the Vita, but you can't download the demo? Seriously, wtf?

RK128

Whoops sorry. I meant using Content Manager to transfer from Vita to PC/PS3 and then back. I"m pretty sure that PC/PS3 download and then VIta transfer won't work because that seems to be some kind of internal content manager black list , I found 3 PSX classics (Grandia, Arc the Lad: Monster Tournament, Arc the Lad II) and 3 PSP games (Class of Heroes 2, Mystic Chronicles, Generations of Chaos - Pandora's Reflection) that can be directly downloaded but not transferred, when I was transferring everything over a couple of weeks ago.

Edit - Ahh. You appear to have realised what I meant despite my terrible phrasing. Cool.

I just copied Crash 2 to PC and it went though...would do the reverse but I don't want to risk losing Crash 2 from my Vita :(. Sorry if I cannot help...

Branson

Lol. Can't say I'm surprised. I was skeptical this whole time. Really sucks though I didn't really grab anything. How stupid.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
I bet this is just another ploy by Sony to further gouge their customers with memory card cost.

"I know how we can increase memory card sales! Let people download all those PSP and PS1 games they have been begging for. BUT, now here's the brilliant part. After a few days, remove them all from everyone's download list! Then they will never delete them from our cynically overpriced proprietary cards. Their only option will be to buy a brand new $60 32 meg card!"

Seriously, what the fuck Sony

Flandy

I bet this is just another ploy by Sony to further gouge their customers with memory card cost.

"I know how we can increase memory card sales! Let people download all those PSP and PS1 games they have been begging for. BUT, now here's the brilliant part. After a few days, remove them all from everyone's download list! Then they will never delete them from our cynically overpriced proprietary cards. Their only option will be to buy a brand new $60 32 meg card!"

Seriously, what the fuck Sony
But most PSOne Classics and PSP games are over 32 MB D:

I just copied Crash 2 to PC and it went though...would do the reverse but I don't want to risk losing Crash 2 from my Vita :(. Sorry if I cannot help...

You can go into the content manager list to transfer back and see if it appears, and not transfer it. I've never had any problems with anything that appears (apart from Vita games being installed for the first time, where if the download is corrupted they hang).

RK128

You can go into the content manager list to transfer back and see if it appears, and not transfer it. I've never had any problems with anything that appears (apart from Vita games being installed for the first time, where if the download is corrupted they hang).

Yep, its working for me, as Crash 2 is with my other PS1 games on my PC.

lexi

Banned
So how does this happen accidentally? Has there been any official word? Will it perhaps be fully officially rolled out later on? I don't get it, surely Sony won't fuck people over like this.

RK128

My Download list is messed up too :(. Cannot download Twisted Metal, MotorStorm, Crash series, or the Spryo series....

NICE job Sony X(

...At least I can copy my games to my PC to save space...

Jindrael

Banned
I just can't believe Sony would be this stupid and deny access again...

I would have understood it if it had happened like 2-5 hours after they became compatible but not after almost 3 days.

nampad

Why are the Crash games locked in the first place? EU always could use them on Vita.

Licensing issues. Activision has to release the games, which they did for SCEE but not for SCEA.
The same goes for all the other not working games, they aren't licensed for the Vita so Sony can't allow them to be downloaded to the Vita.

Guess this was all an error and they now have to fix it. Yes, it is all very stupid and I don't know why the license holder doesn't release the games for the Vita. It is practically free money.

I would have understood it if it had happened like 2-5 hours after they became compatible but not after almost 3 days.

Well, they can't do anything else if they aren't allowed to release the games for the Vita.
Why did it take so long to fix this problem? Don't know but it's not like the PSN store team works timely and well in other situations so I guess just incompetence.

The lack of communication is very bad. They should have told the people as soon as tey have noticed to stop buying the games for the Vita and now revoking the access without saying anything is worse.
Hope they will refund everything properly because it was all their fuck up.

CLEEK

Just checked, and my Download List is still showing 'Download' for all games. R-Types, Pac-Man CE etc are all still available for me to download directly from my Vita.

US account, btw.

Aaaaannd.... now it's gone.

GAME OVER MAN. GAME OVER.

RK128

Lets see...Sony are either pricks that have a ball hurting their Vita users or that Sony were generally doing a good thing, temporary giving its Vita users access to their download list until their partners got upset over this.

Licensing issues. Activision has to release the games, which they did for SCEE but not for SCEA.
The same goes for all the other not working games, they aren't licensed for the Vita so Sony can't allow them to be downloaded to the Vita.

Guess this was all an error and they now have to fix it. Yes, it is all very stupid and I don't know why the license holder doesn't release the games for the Vita. It is practically free money.

In some cases its probably that sub-licenses have expired / weren't applicable to Vita (either the licensing of a series in order to make a game or the licensing of music or other content).

Megatron

We'll too bad, but I took advantage. Got Pac man dx, the crashes and spyros on there as well as the Capcom collections (though I think they worked before?)

Do power stone collection and the sega collection work via transfer from ps3? I think they did?

Lets see...Sony are either pricks that have a ball hurting their Vita users or that Sony were generally doing a good thing, temporary giving its Vita users access to their download list until their partners got upset over this.

Hmm.. that's a toughie. Maybe I should boot up Linux on my PS3 and check for an answer on the internet.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
I was looking forward to having Silent Hill, Origins, and Shattered Memories. That's all fucked now.

Between this and the Crash/Spyro games being made compatible hours after the flash sale ended, I might be done with PSN purchases for a while. My 64 gb is full anyways.

Moofers

Man, wtf is going on here? I am dumbfounded that these games worked and now seem to be missing from people's download lists. Just too weird. I hope they sort this shit soon, I have a lot of money into digital PSP and PSOne games.

CLEEK

Either it happened before it was ready, or more likely, it was a mistake.

The fact that Shuhei Yoshida wasn't aware of it, and that Sony were silent about this in the last PS Blog updates says it all.

I reckon someone did an UPDATE statement without a WHERE clause in it and updated every game and demo by mistake.

Armaly

Damn, I regret not buying Portable Ops. :( At least I managed to get all the Crash and Spyro games on my Vita. Do you guys think they'll allow Portable Ops to be downloadable on the Vita ever again?

Megatron

Man, wtf is going on here? I am dumbfounded that these games worked and now seem to be missing from people's download lists. Just too weird. I hope they sort this shit soon, I have a lot of money into digital PSP and PSOne games.

They aren't missing from download lists as far as I know. They just can't be downloaded to vitas again.

Jindrael

Banned

Taking something away after sometime especially when people payed for it, is in my opinion never a good thing, now even people that got the chance to buy/download those titles can't redownload them if they get corrupted or need to shuffle some games.

If it was a mistake they should have fixed it immediately, if that had happened people would have been upset but would have accepted that it was a mistake and moved on pretty fast.
Now we have people that bought into the hype, some weren't even able to download their newly acquired games and all of this without any kind of announcement.

On the plus side, I didn't bought anything because my memory card was full, I personally would be pissed if I had bought games and couldn't access them now.

JimPanzer

Valkyria Chronicles II is still shown as playable on the PS vita on the EU store. should I hurry and buy it or was it always playable in EU?

itschris

Wow, this is crazy! I'm glad I was able to get the Crash series, Spyro trilogy, Brave Story, and Motorstorm AE on my Vita in time. This really sucks for everyone who missed out, though.

fernoca

Guess it was a glitch after all. XD
Oh well, only one I currently wanted was Extended Play and managed to download it. :)

Sucks anyway, was looking for deals to order a 64GB card and buy/download more stuff.

JoRo

I suspected in the back of my mind this was an accident. Especially when no mention was made on the blog. And here I was getting ready to go on a shopping spree of old PSP/PSOne games. That's really crappy, Sony. I'm not in to Twitter, but those of you who are should ping yosp to see why they would do this. (I know they weren't aware, but maybe they could explain SOMETHING)

RK128

Taking something away after sometime especially when people payed for it, is in my opinion never a good thing, now even people that got the chance to buy/download those titles can't redownload them if they get corrupted or need to shuffle some games.

If it was a mistake they should have fixed it immediately, if that had happened people would have been upset but would have accepted that it was a mistake and moved on pretty fast.
Now we have people that bought into the hype, some weren't even able to download their newly acquired games and all of this without any kind of announcement.

On the plus side, I didn't bought anything because my memory card was full, I personally would be pissed if I had bought games and couldn't access them now.

I fully agree; this wasn't the way to give us PSP/PS1 support. If they couldn't do it, then they simply couldn't do it, but they did it anyway....and now we know that many of these 'non-compatible' games do work on Vita perfectly.

In the past I have been a very frequent buyer on PSN....that changes today, as I will not buy anything on PSN outside of PS+ content. I got Crash, Spryo and a handful of other Non-Compatible games (and backed them up to my PC via content manager), but this is unacceptable. If these games aren't supposed to be on Vita...then they shouldn't be on Vita. Giving us support for these games is wonderful (love playing Crash on my Vita and found Rock Band surprisingly impressive on Vita), but now I have to worry if my computer brakes or my Vita is messed up; I can never play these games again on my Vita (or at all, in the case for the PSP games).

Sony needs to address this and do it soon not only are their dedicated fan-base is pissed at this, buyers in general are going to wonder why the hell they cant play the game they just got for their Vita's...

Jintor

Hmm, just checked the EU store and Spyro trilogy and a bunch of PSOne games are still available on the market. Have they always been available?

Top Bottom