• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Looks like Steam hit a new record for concurrent users

And beaten! lol
http://store.steampowered.com/stats/

d4kXt4q.png

nded

Clearly the new spike consists of new console owners mistakenly registering Steam accounts instead of XBL or PSN.

Nere

Impressive, happy to see skyrim so high on that list love that game and can understand why so many people still play it so long after release.

Is there a reason so many play CS:GO?

I remember reading it wasn't as good as 1.6 but better than source, did everyone finally move on to it?

Or did it get hats...

Qassim

Is there a reason so many play CS:GO?

I remember reading it wasn't as good as 1.6 but better than source, did everyone finally move on to it?

Or did it get hats...

It's a good game, it rejuvenated the entire pro-scene.

And it got the equivalent to hats, guns skins.

It's a good game, it rejuvinated the entire pro-scene.

And it got the equivalent to hats, guns skins.

I remember hating CS:GO compared to TF2, like the aiming felt like it had lag or something coming from a scout or something in tf2 to cs:go.

maybe they fixed it or I had some setting wonky I dunno.

Qassim

I remember hating CS:GO compared to TF2, like the aiming felt like it had lag or something coming from a scout or something in tf2 to cs:go.

maybe they fixed it or I had some setting wonky I dunno.

Aiming being immediate and direct is something CS requires, so it may have been a problem on your end - did you have vsync enabled?

epmode

That's a surprisingly small increase over this year's summer sale. Has Steam's growth stagnated?

I mentioned this earlier but Steam no longer defaults to autorun with Windows during a new installation. No idea how much that affects things though.

Asgaro

Impressive, happy to see skyrim so high on that list love that game and can understand why so many people still play it so long after release.

I have yet to get into it.
But I'm scared since I know it will be a time sink. Those stats clearly show it lives on for a long time.

On top of that, I will definitely play it with mods.
I have already accumulated over the years a bookmarks folder filled with articles regarding Skyrim mods that could be useful in the future.

Deadstar

Its insane how CS GO has turned around from a poor launch to massive success it is now and Dota 2 nearly at 1 million!

Do you know the reason? I played CS back when it came out and with 1.6 and all of that. I played go and it seemed ok but maybe I just already got too many hours out of the concept. Did they add anything interesting?

Redmoon

new record at 8,500,072

CS:GO at 383,584

Despite disliking the game, I'm amazed at cs:go's popularity. Really exploded over the last year. Hard to think that this game was once basically dead(less than 20K concurrent peak) a couple months after it released, which wasn't surprising since the game wasn't really that good back then.

Top Bottom