• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lord of Magna: Maiden Heaven |OT| Maid in Heaven - Made in Heaven

ohlawd

First playthrough I got Addie (second best girl, Beatrix is first, will save her for last run).

I got heart event in this order:
Lottie (1) -> Beatrix (2) -> Gabbie (1) -> Beatrix (3) -> Lottie(3)->Fran(1)->Addie (1->3)

what the heeeeeeell *in Frieda's voice*

I'll try this. 4th run is a go. I still haven't got Lottie's ending so it's fine if I still end up with her.

meh dammit. totally thought that would work. I'm nearing the end of my 3rd run. ended up with another first set chick.

I found it weird that at some point in the game (character spoilers)
Lottie is a forced level 3 heart
. if I can't get the ending with the last three girls by having more than one choice, it follows that I shouldn't end up with anyone else by not getting 3 hearts except one. this is impossible

not only that (endgame spoilers)
the Girl turns into Goddess stuff happens before getting the last heart for Di, Fran or Addie.
so how the fuck? >_>

This is a really confusing post. It's the total number of hearts that matters, not the level of them. So getting Lottie's level 3 heart doesn't mess with the endings unless you get her other hearts too. Just don't get more than two hearts with anyone and you'll be able to choose one of the last three girls if you have two hearts with one of them.

What was her ending like?
Wondering if it's still the same for those 3

I think it's the same for everyone.

>Addie wanted to sacrifice herself
>Dude said no lemme become god
>Everyone forgot him
>Someone knocked the door and Addie went to open
>Fin

Has anyone found the "Free battles" to be necessary to keep your level competitive or are they completely unnecessary?

I didn't find them necessary on the default difficulty. Free battles don't give you that much XP or crystals anyway. You're probably better off just letting enemies in story battles spawn in for a while and killing them than running free battles.

Hikami

I think it's the same for everyone.
Yep, that's the same alright.. darn

I'm wondering if there's an 8th ending or something once you get them all, judging from the stuff I have missing in the Gallery.
--
edit; Nope, doesn't seem like it. Checked a Japanese wiki and a completed Japanese gallery.. meh
Stopping at my third playthrough then since I've seen all the heart events now

ohlawd

This is a really confusing post. It's the total number of hearts that matters, not the level of them. So getting Lottie's level 3 heart doesn't mess with the endings unless you get her other hearts too. Just don't get more than two hearts with anyone and you'll be able to choose one of the last three girls if you have two hearts with one of them.

welp, overlooked that lol

Hatsuu

XSEED
Okay, so regarding how to get girls like Addie, Diana, and Fran.
You can't choose Charlotte at any time, Charlotte overrides everyone since she's the 'canon' choice. You're forced to see her third HEART event no matter what, so just skip the first two. Then you can't see anyone else's events twice, so go for Beatrix once and then Elfriede, for example.

There's also a sort of "easy mode" method of defeating any boss in the game, which was great for me when I was underleveled and needed to check some text after a boss fight real quick, haha. This works on every boss, I believe, including the final bosses. If you're trying to beat them with clever tactics or your own strength, however, I wouldn't recommend this method.
Your best friends are Poison Bottle and Fear Bottle. This will be especially useful against one of the final bosses, as they have a cheap one-hit kill move. If you use a Fear Bottle on them, they can't actually use any skills, including that one-hit kill move. The Poison Bottle drains their health pretty quickly, too, meaning they won't be constantly summoning enemies.

Lusankya

3d439682d0.png

You might want to check out some of the voice clips that have each character's name pronunciation here.
Some of them are apparently(?) not said in game at all so you may be pronouncing them wrong the whole time!

Some of them are pretty wrong, though. E.g. Adelheid, Gewalt or Elfriede.

Hikami

..and 3rd playthrough done. Just in time for Operation Abyss to monopolize my gaming time now.

Wish they would've just made it like Conception 2 where you can see all the events/get all the endings in one playthrough. Or at least skip scenes instead of fast forwarding, takes up a lot of unnecessary time.

ohlawd

I think I'm just gonna go ahead and get all the endings. may as well >_>

there's nothing new coming out until August. the other games I'm playing now aren't that long either

Shizuka

Chapter 4 now. I'm taking a few screenshots to use in my review, but I'll share the ones I don't end up using here and the portable screenshots topic. So far, the game is pretty much harmless japanese animu fun. All those tropes you're used to seeing in one single game.

bomblord1

Banned
wtf is with that ending? I almost thought I got the wrong one. *Ending spoilers*
So the guy just becomes that deity and that's it? Everyone else forgets about him that is not right Also what happened to Kaiser? His son? There are so many loose plot threads

Edit feel a bit better after the credits

Double Edit: DANGIT! I my thumb brushed against the B button when it asked if I wanted to save my clear data! I lost my clear data I have to fight that final boss again!

wtf is with that ending? I almost thought I got the wrong one. *Ending spoilers*
So the guy just becomes that deity and that's it? Everyone else forgets about him that is not right Also what happened to Kaiser? His son? There are so many loose plot threads

Here is my speculation regarding the ending:
Luchs became a god and used his power to finish off Kaiser, but he wasn't sure if he would be able to come back/materialize as a human or whatever it was so he decided to erase everyone memory (so no one would feel sad). The main girl already became a goddess so his power didn't work on her. After awhile, he regained his power/human form/something something and came back to the inn.

Regarding Gewalt and Kaiser: Gewalt broke the bracelet, so both him and kaiser became mortal. Gewalt was killed by Kaiser. Kaiser was killed in the final battle. Also Sarine killed herself, went out with a bang.

bomblord1

Banned
Here is my speculation regarding the ending:
Luchs became a god and used his power to finish off Kaiser, but he wasn't sure if he would be able to come back/materialize as a human or whatever it was so he decided to erase everyone memory (so no one would feel sad). The main girl already became a goddess so his power didn't work on her. After awhile, he regained his power/human form/something something and came back to the inn.

Regarding Gewalt and Kaiser: Gewalt broke the bracelet, so both him and kaiser became mortal. Gewalt was killed by Kaiser. Kaiser was killed in the final battle. Also Sarine killed herself, went out with a bang.

That is one way to look at it. I would like for it to be the case.

Velcro Fly

Damn all endings in less than 60 hours? Is that just flying through the game or did you do any other stuff in those playthroughs? I definitely do not mind if an RPG is shorter since I have enough large ones already in the backlog.

Also it's not like super complicated to get different endings right?

ohlawd

yeah, I was already fast forwarding except near the end with dialogue.

it's less time than that. I was idling the game since I was watching movies and replaying Strange Journey on another 3DS. I look at Lord of Magna some time later and it might be waiting for me to make my next move, story decision, the fast forward stopped working, things like that.

Beartruck

Gabbie hate is so strong she's not even in the running D:

Had to look up who Gabbie is since I'm still on chapter 4. Yep, mhm, I get that. Why would anyone pick Gabbie when Trixie has a similar build but is more mature and not a bossy 10 year old.

I need to return to this, I enjoyed what I played despite its obvious flaws.

Couple more reviews went live this week:
http://www.gamesasylum.com/2015/06/10/lord-of-magna-maiden-heaven-review/
http://www.bitparade.co.uk/article.php?id=3736

Lot of fair points in both.

I wish the battle system was tighter. Are any of the special attacks worth buying? I've bought a few but they've all been a waste except this healing one, but that only heals 600 and forces you to bunch your party together, and with 30 or so of each healing item it seemed like a waste.

Velcro Fly

Cleared out the backlog a tiny bit so I think after Nintendo's E3 showing I'm going to get this from Best Buy. Definitely looks like the kind of game that is perfect for summertime. Not too long to bog me down. Some bit of replayability depending on how many of the girls I like. The battle system also looks cool. Just so many 3DS games and it's only going to get worse x.x

Velcro Fly

My copy arrived today. Was worried about not getting the soundtrack too but when I felt the package I knew it was there!

Going to start playing tonight with the sound on, which for me is a pretty rare occurrence!

fernoca

Sorry if this has been asked, searching save, delete brought no results; and Google just brought people asking the same thing...

Is there any way to delete save files?

Top Bottom