• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lord of Magna: Maiden Heaven |OT| Maid in Heaven - Made in Heaven

Sorry if this was answered before, but is it possible to get all the Heart events in one play through? Or would I have to beat the game again to get the ones I missed?

It's so weird that all 3 publications gave it the EXACT same score.

How is it weird for three reviews to have the same score? You say exact like it's meaningful, but it's just an ordinary whole number, not some strange score. 7 is a really typical score for this type of game.

bomblord1

Banned
How is it weird for three reviews to have the same score? You say exact like it's meaningful, but it's just an ordinary whole number, not some strange score. 7 is a really typical score for this type of game.

Even among games that are typically all received the same (i.e. not divisive) I've never seen every review score have the EXACT same number. There's usually a range of scores with a normal distribution.

roknin

Hadn't heard of this... Looks right up my alley, may grab it if I get some extra cash.

So kyute. The game is supposed to be short as well, around 15 hours according to Tom. That's another good quote to add to the OP.

You know, it's funny... I'm finishing a run-through of Chrono Trigger for my channel, and even with a few deaths and moments of being lost, I still managed to get through 90% of the game in 18-ish hours, with only the Black Omen left to do (which is optional, of course). 15 hours doesn't really sound all that short to me anymore.

GeekyDad

Seems like the chances statistically are low for all 3 to be the same. Idk guess I'm over analyzing thought it was a neat coincidence.

Whatever the score (and I think a 7 is, like I said, accurate considering how much I've played of it so far), it's a fun, cute game, but not amazing or terribly compelling. It's pretty much what I thought it would be: a niche title that some will enjoy and others will fine completely uninteresting. The battle system is quite fun, but the missions, even early on, seem padded. Regardless, you should take my opinion with a grain of salt, as I've only played through a handful of chapters so far.

Something else I want to ask about this game to those that are playing it.

How is the 3D?

Very minimal, very unimpressive. I turned it off almost immediately, as it does nothing to enhance the visual experience for me. I've turned it on on occasion during different scenes and such to be sure I wasn't missing out on anything pretty, and I wasn't.

I'm glad I bought the game, though. I like it for what it is, and again, dat packaging and extras! XSEED really put a good effort into localizing it. That being said, I'm gonna put it on the shelf for a bit, as my copy of Fantasy Life just arrived (I'm very LTTP), and I'm feeling more in the mood to dive into that right now.

bomblord1

Banned
Whatever the score (and I think a 7 is, like I said, accurate considering how much I've played of it so far), it's a fun, cute game, but not amazing or terribly compelling. It's pretty much what I thought it would be: a niche title that some will enjoy and others will fine completely uninteresting. The battle system is quite fun, but the missions, even early on, seem padded. Regardless, you should take my opinion with a grain of salt, as I've only played through a handful of chapters so far.

Very minimal, very unimpressive. I turned it off almost immediately, as it does nothing to enhance the visual experience for me. I've turned it on on occasion during different scenes and such to be sure I wasn't missing out on anything pretty, and I wasn't.

I'm glad I bought the game, though. I like it for what it is, and again, dat packaging and extras! XSEED really put a good effort into localizing it. That being said, I'm gonna put it on the shelf for a bit, as my copy of Fantasy Life just arrived (I'm very LTTP), and I'm feeling more in the mood to dive into that right now.

In 3D areas, nothing special really.

The 3D effect on 2D cutscenes looks great though.

Alright thanks I've been trying to figure out If I can justify a new 3DS XL purchase or if I should get a 2DS and this leans me further to the 2DS

GeekyDad

Alright thanks I've been trying to figure out If I can justify a new 3DS XL purchase or if I should get a 2DS and this leans me further to the 2DS

If you're only interested in the system for this game, then sure, just get a 2DS. But really, if you're debating between the two systems because you're interested in the library, it's a no-brainer -- n3DS all the way! There are some great games on the system that do a great job with the 3D effect, and it's my understanding the new system expresses the effect much more effectively and enjoyably. Don't waste money on the 2DS. That's my two-cent's worth.

bomblord1

Banned
If you're only interested in the system for this game, then sure, just get a 2DS. But really, if you're debating between the two systems because you're interested in the library, it's a no-brainer -- n3DS all the way! There are some great games on the system that do a great job with the 3D effect, and it's my understanding the new system expresses the effect much more effectively and enjoyably. Don't waste money on the 2DS. That's my two-cent's worth.

The biggest difference for me is A. The pixel density (games just look sooo much sharper on the 2DS) and B I can get a 2DS for literally half the price.

ohlawd

these social link rank ups are never gonna get old

Ahh it's so warm within me
Luchs, I can feel you inside me
Your passion, I can feel all of it

Hikami

Yo wat.

I'm on my second playthrough, got to the point where you pick a choice to determine who's ending you get..
I have Diana's heart events done but she doesn't show up as an option. Charlotte and Gabrielle do though, I have their heart events done. Beatrix doesn't show up as an option-- since I already have her ending.

Guessing this means you're not able to get Diana, Francesca, or Adelheid's endings until you've done the other 4 or something? man

ohlawd

I think you're not supposed to get the 3rd heart event for any character other than those three if you want their ending

so if you wanted Diana, she should have 3 hearts and everyone else at 1 or 2 max.

Hikami

Yeah, that would make sense.

Since they carry over to another playthrough though I'm stuck having to max all the others first now.
I'm just hoping the endings are actually different for each girl otherwise I won't bother

Hikami

2nd pt done, got Lottie's ending this time... and it's the same as Trixie's.
Well that's disappointing, I'll do one more playthrough to get the 4 heart events I'm missing and probably stop there.

Yo wat.

I'm on my second playthrough, got to the point where you pick a choice to determine who's ending you get..
I have Diana's heart events done but she doesn't show up as an option. Charlotte and Gabrielle do though, I have their heart events done. Beatrix doesn't show up as an option-- since I already have her ending.

Guessing this means you're not able to get Diana, Francesca, or Adelheid's endings until you've done the other 4 or something? man

Apparently hearts from previous playthroughs don't carry over for ending purposes. The only way to get Diana, Francesca, or Adelheid's endings is to see their first two events, and not see three events with any other character, then you'll be able to choose them. You can actually see their ending on your first time through the game.

Or at least this is what people on Gamefaqs are saying.

Well I finished the game. It took just over 13 hours, which is short, but I'm not sure how much longer I would really have wanted it to go on. The game is really mediocre. It has a solid combat system, even if it's bit too simplistic and too much of the game is spent whittling down damage sponge enemies. The writing is pretty weak, the main problem being that the characters aren't developed particularly well. Many of the characters barely have a personality, and even those that do don't develop into more than a basic trope. The conversations have this excruciating long pause between lines of dialogue that had me tapping the skip function most of the game just to skip those animations and pauses. I'm not sure I really want to play through it again just to see a slight variation on the ending, the gameplay doesn't really have enough variety in it to support multiple playthroughs. The 7/10 reviews for this game were pretty generous to be honest.

And the ending was pretty shitty.
The MC becomes a god and (almost) everyone loses their memories of him? Haha.

Stuck at
Kaiser battle where you only allowed to use 2 girls
for like 2 hours lol, goddamn
that1-shot skill, it was so cheap and random that it's not even funny
, guess its time to start grinding ~.~

Hikami

Stuck at
Kaiser battle where you only allowed to use 2 girls
for like 2 hours lol, goddamn
that1-shot skill, it was so cheap and random that it's not even funny
, guess its time to start grinding ~.~
Yep, that 1-shot skill is so cheap. That's the only battle where I've gotten a game over.
and only allowed to use 2 girls? are you sure about that?
You mean the one where the main character and another character are locked out right? You can choose 4 girls there
Or am I thinking of a different battle

Yep, that 1-shot skill is so cheap. That's the only battle where I've gotten a game over.
and only allowed to use 2 girls? are you sure about that?
You mean the one where the main character and another character are locked out right? You can choose 4 girls there
Or am I thinking of a different battle

OH WAIT REALLY? D:
I saw the lock icon and I though I only allowed to use 2 and at some points those locked character would show up in battle, damn

I was stuck on that battle for a bit too. Had to use two really underleveled characters. Thankfully you keep your levels if you die in battle and retry.

ohlawd

level scaling is hella generous in this game

if a free battle's lvl is at 50, basically anyone at 40 or lower will get 100 xp per enemy leader

Well I finished the game. It took just over 13 hours, which is short, but I'm not sure how much longer I would really have wanted it to go on. The game is really mediocre. It has a solid combat system, even if it's bit too simplistic and too much of the game is spent whittling down damage sponge enemies. The writing is pretty weak, the main problem being that the characters aren't developed particularly well. Many of the characters barely have a personality, and even those that do don't develop into more than a basic trope. The conversations have this excruciating long pause between lines of dialogue that had me tapping the skip function most of the game just to skip those animations and pauses. I'm not sure I really want to play through it again just to see a slight variation on the ending, the gameplay doesn't really have enough variety in it to support multiple playthroughs. The 7/10 reviews for this game were pretty generous to be honest.

13 hours is alright with me, but boy do I agree. The cut scenes take forever, they're adorable, but long.

bon

I'm a few hours into this. I don't like how cutscene heavy it is so far but knocking monsters around in battle is fun.

hongcha

Your opinion is in accord with the majority of reviews on Amazon JP.
Also note that bomba price tag

bomblord1

Banned
Really enjoying it so far. It's very simple and "cute" my girlfriend actually demanded I let her play it after I finish.

The characters are all fairly straightforward personality tropes but they are played and voiced well. The story is moving at a refreshingly fast pace. Combat is also simple but enjoyable.

I think the ending is fine, still better than most average anime ending nowadays.

Also wish we can skip cutscreen instead of fast forwarding after first playthrough...

Hikami

Make sure to buy/craft new skill chips when you have the chance

Had trouble on my first playthrough because of that, only had my beginner skills for a long time

ohlawd

meh dammit. totally thought that would work. I'm nearing the end of my 3rd run. ended up with another first set chick.

I found it weird that at some point in the game (character spoilers)
Lottie is a forced level 3 heart
. if I can't get the ending with the last three girls by having more than one choice, it follows that I shouldn't end up with anyone else by not getting 3 hearts except one. this is impossible

not only that (endgame spoilers)
the Girl turns into Goddess stuff happens before getting the last heart for Di, Fran or Addie.
so how the fuck? >_>

First playthrough I got Addie (second best girl, Beatrix is first, will save her for last run).

I got heart event in this order:
Lottie (1) -> Beatrix (2) -> Gabbie (1) -> Beatrix (3) -> Lottie(3)->Fran(1)->Addie (1->3)

Top Bottom