• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lords of the Fallen dated - Oct. 28 (NA) Oct 31 (EU)

Lords of the Fallen will be released 31st October on PC, PS4 and Xbox One.

This is the role-playing action game developed by CI Games in Poland and Deck 13 in Germany. I've written about it before, most recently in an article titled Don't you call it Dark Souls.

Square Enix will act as distributor and CI Games will remain as the game's publisher.

I'm working on a beefy Lords of the Fallen video that should be with you this week.

Challenge trailer

Eurogamer

Presumably 28th October in North America

(If a mod wants to change the title feel free, I hit enter early by accident)

wrog

Presumably 28th October in North America
Yep:

BsFz6kNIEAADXuW.png

Footos22

Is this the same day as sunset overdrive?

Why do you do this to me publishers
Whyyyyyyy.

Ive now resorted to a list of everything i want this fall and its the size of my arm. I'll just go down the list adding stuff to it and buying one at a time. Or ill never decide what to play next.

Now i find out Assasins creed is that day too and ive just finished 4 and half way through freedom cry and quite frankly its brilliant.. (i Skipped 3, brotherhood and revelations)

I was day one for this game but now its inevitably gonna be on the "Bargain bin" list.

oh man, this is a bad decision. I think this game looks great - but I don't know how many people are going to pick it up because October has so many releases already locked in.

Well, it's a bold move I suppose.

The most packed month for games and on the same day as Sunset Overdrive and Assassin's Creed Unity.

I think the game looks great but I can't help but feel like it's being sent to die a little bit. If I can scrape together the extra cash toward the end of October then I'll see if I can't pick it up. Definitely has a ton of potential.

n0tail

Banned
Nice to see it making it day one on PC as well. Getting the PC version for sure then. Hope it's on Steam for that Xmas sale.

Usobuko

Banned
I'm interested.

Is this the one that has publishing deals with Namco? Would make me wonder why they pick this month.

Really like the Soul games, so if the reviews arent as humiliating as Bound by Flame i will definitely buy this.
But i have enough to play in October/November with Dragon Age 3, Master Chief Collection and AC: Unity, so who came up with such a bad release window?

El-Suave

Good luck with that date. I think for some games, a late november/early december date might work better than this. Being the "last big release of the year" is at least something.

Couldn't have picked a worse date. For a new ip from an unproven developer. I have a feeling it's gonna review well and bomb

gizio

Pretty interested in the game, but October offers a huge line-up of big hitters this year, hopefully it will sell enough to be profitable ...

Sid

Can we turn those hit points off? the combat doesn't look nearly as good as Souls games,I'm hoping they'll put up a demo.

PranooY

So whats coming out in october?

Battlefield Hardline, Borderlands Prequel, Driveclub, DragonAge Inquistion, Evolve, Bayonetta 2, Smash Bros, Sunset Overdrive, Assassin's Creed unity, NBA 2K15, WWE 2K15, Civilization:Beyond Earth, Alien Isolation, Shadow of Mordor --just to name a few.

Alright cool, it's on my radar. Not like there's much else coming out. Smash 3DS is at the very start of the month so I won't be playing it religiously by then. Just depends on when Bayonetta 2 releases.

glaurung

I was expecting this to come around April 2015...

Well, I suppose they still have time to delay it to that time. Sent to die along massive budget titles otherwise.

Psoelberg

Cool, I'm still picking it up together with Dragon Age. Even though they are both rpg's, it seems like they will stimulate very different gaming needs.

Grief.exe

I was expecting this to come around April 2015...

Well, I suppose they still have time to delay it to that time. Sent to die along massive budget titles otherwise.

This game would have thrived in August or January.

I still prefer it to the massive AAA titles coming out at that time.

ignata

If I get all the games I want coming out in October, the total is now up to $610. I'm going to be putting a lot on the waiting list, however this will not be one of those games.

hew9753

Any other time and this would most likely be a day one purchase for me. October? No thanks. Too many other games that take priority. I might pick this up on a Black Friday sale if the feedback is good.

I want GTAV to announce Oct too and see 5 delays the next week.

Seriously though shit like this happens and pubs wonder why their games don't sell.

GHG

It doesnt matter what day/ month the game comes out. If its good and they actually put some effort into marketing it, it will sell.

New IP's have got to start somewhere.

Shredderi

I'm kinda interested in this but I wonder if there will be any differing locations in addition to the snowy mountain temple things we've seen.

Ascenion

Devs please stops sending your non franchised, semi-obscure (to the general public) games to October to die. They have too much potential to be brutally massacred by these top franchises and/or massive marketing budgets....besides December needs love too.

This is being sent to die, such a shame. It should have been a later summer or early January release. Releasing in this stacked fall is a huge mistake.

I'm kinda interested in this but I wonder if there will be any differing locations in addition to the snowy mountain temple things we've seen.

Yeah, the whole thing looks very Act 3 Diablo 3 right now.

Also, this is kind of disappointing. I mean if you're going to be 'inspired' by a game, why not learn some lessons from one of the things that really set it apart from the rest:

Eurogamer said:
Then there's the story. In Souls it was obscured and you joined the dots yourself, sometimes never joining them at all. There was a "loneliness" about it, Gop observes. "It was so mysterious." That will change "majorly" in Lords, where you're a pre-defined character on a mission to prevent the Fallen God from returning to the world. Exploration will be open to an extent, "but I don't want to fool anyone that it's an extremely branching and non-linear storyline", Gop says. "It's definitely more straightforward than that." There will be cut-scenes, multiple endings and NPCs to talk to. "It will be possible and relatively easy to put together the pieces," he adds.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-05-29-lords-of-the-fallen-dont-you-call-it-dark-souls

Shredderi

Yeah, the whole thing looks very Act 3 Diablo 3 right now.

Also, this is kind of disappointing. I mean if you're going to be 'inspired' by a game, why not learn some lessons from one of the things that really set it apart from the rest:

Yes! Exactly what I was thinking! :D You get it.

T.O.P

Banned
Yeah, it seems like i'll pick this one up in 2015 with the first price drop

October was an awful choice

Top Bottom