• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lostprophets Singer Ian Watkins Sentenced to 35 Years in Prison

Status
Not open for further replies.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
Who rapes a baby? I mean, I mean, I don't get it. Is it really a sexual urge or do you just wake up one day and say, "I want to do the most evil thing possible. Raping a baby sounds good". Ugh. Throw away the key.

kmax

Wow, what the hell am I reading?

The details are seriously making me ill. This is probably the worst shit I've ever read....just ugh...

DO NOT READ!

Batigol

Banned
Who was that guy who killed the two little girls in UK? I forgot his name

But he was beaten badly every day, till the point he tried to kill himself. Now he's under constant protection

Same will happen to this guy

Meadows

Banned
I consider myself relatively desensitised to this kind of stuff because of my work (news reporter) but this case makes me feel sick to the stomach.

Imtey

Banned
The real question is why the government hasn't researched resurrection technology so we can triple execute these people and then ship them to the Chinese moon and space nuke them and then piss on moon ashes and then time travel back and super abort them by ending their whole bloodline 800 years ago and broadcast it all on TV and let lottery winners and victim's family flip the switches.

Unless we're willing to do this as a society we're weak and unless we all support this as individuals we're practically rapists ourselves.

If anyone ever did something to someone I loved I'd rocket launcher them and then break all their bones and then I'd uppercut them into a spike pit and feed them to genetically engineered super dire wolves. And my only regret is that I couldn't do it twice.

I'm a tough guy though.

Lol, SO EDGY

Really tho, put a bullet in him, meh

Rich!

Who was that guy who killed the two little girls in UK? I forgot his name

But he was beaten badly every day, till the point he tried to kill himself. Now he's under constant protection

Same will happen to this guy

Ian Huntley.

An inmate actually slit his throat, but he was saved in surgery. Which is for the best - let him continue to live his pitiful life in fear and suffering.

Even when on top of that, the person admits guilt? C'mon now.

People can and have been coerced into admission of guilt before. Innocent people.

I'm not saying that in this particular case he isn't guilty. But if there's even a 0.00001% of a man being innocent we can't take a life. And if we bring back hanging it can't be some emotive case by case scenario which would be open to coercion by the mob. It'll have to be a rule governed system which specifically lays out what constitutes capital punishment. And like any human designed system it will be open to abuse or negligence. When the outcome of a verdict, no matter how confident we were in it originally turns out to be flawed but you've killed a man... There's no recompense for that.

This is about justice, not revenge.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
So for some context, there was a huge manhunt a few years ago for the killer of two little girls in Soham, turned out one of the people who gave a live tv interview saying he was trying to help the police was responsible and deliberately misleading the police, they found horrible scenes when they eventually caught him.

This is what happened to him in prison
* Scolded with boiling water
* He tried to kill himself 3 times
* Throat slashed by fellow inmate
* Moved to solitary confinement pretty much permanently because of beatings

So yeah, this guy isnt getting anything but pain

Macattk15

I find it megalolz that he gets to grow old and possibly die in jail now.

And jesus fucking christ at the sentencing remarks ....

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
So for some context, there was a huge manhunt a few years ago for the killer of two little girls in Soham, turned out one of the people who gave a live tv interview saying he was trying to help the police was responsible and deliberately misleading the police, they found horrible scenes when they eventually caught him.

This is what happened to him in prison
* Scolded with boiling water
* He tried to kill himself 3 times

* Throat slashed by fellow inmate
* Moved to solitary confinement pretty much permanently because of beatings

So yeah, this guy isnt getting anything but pain

FWIW, Watkins is imprisoned at the same facility that bolded happened at.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HM_Prison_Wakefield

KAP151

The bottom of that article... my god.....

Ian Watkins: Singer boasted he'd raped five-year-old American girl
Ian Watkins injected woman with heroin for his own sexual gratification
Ian Watkins: The webchats that show him asking to abuse fan's child
Ian Watkins: The Cardiff hotels where paedophile met women as they lotted child abuse
Ian Watkins: The website that proves his perverted child sex abuse was an open secret
Ian Watkins: The determined paedophile who dreamed of crossing the line
Ian Watkins: Disgraced singer was an ambassador for young people
Ian Watkins: Parents' overwhelming heartache at son's depravity
Ian Watkins: How he rejected women in their 20s as 'too old'
Ian Watkins: Police forces across UK had information on his abuse

Hopefully this guy never see's the light of day again. Horrendous.

coldfoot

Banned
I love how people whose freedom have never been taken away view incarceration as a "small" punishment and want him raped and murdered in prison. I disagree with the sentence, it should have been life without possibility of parole. Also given that other prisoners will want to kill this piece of shit, incarceration for him means pretty much solitary confinement, which is I think, a worse punishment than death.

coldfoot

Banned
So much horrible evil and disgusting in this thread. Here's something cute to balance it out:

BbynictIIAEsyUo.jpg:small

daman824

What's the difference between these two things?
It's a bit late now but what I meant was I always hear people saying "he's not going to last a month in prison" or "he's going to get massacred in jail", but I've never heard of sick people like that getting killed for those reasons. After finding out about what he did does everyone just try to shank him every time they see him or something?

But I guess it must happen quite often if it's the first thing people say when someone like this guy gets sentenced.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
The bottom of that article... my god.....

Ian Watkins: Singer boasted he'd raped five-year-old American girl
Ian Watkins injected woman with heroin for his own sexual gratification
Ian Watkins: The webchats that show him asking to abuse fan's child
Ian Watkins: The Cardiff hotels where paedophile met women as they lotted child abuse
Ian Watkins: The website that proves his perverted child sex abuse was an open secret
Ian Watkins: The determined paedophile who dreamed of crossing the line
Ian Watkins: Disgraced singer was an ambassador for young people
Ian Watkins: Parents' overwhelming heartache at son's depravity
Ian Watkins: How he rejected women in their 20s as 'too old'
Ian Watkins: Police forces across UK had information on his abuse

Hopefully this guy never see's the light of day again. Horrendous.

What does this mean?: "Ian Watkins: The website that proves his perverted child sex abuse was an open secret"

I really can't read that whole multipage judgment comment thingie.

The Adder

Banned
Even when on top of that, the person admits guilt? C'mon now.

Do you have any clue how many false confessions have been coerced with just the cops own word that they have evidence? If you plead guilty you may get a lighter sentence. Many innocent people have plead guilty when it looked like they couldn't win.

Absolutely enraged after reading the sentencing notes

As much of a monster as he is the women are equally bad if not worse, as a parent your role is to protect your kids what they did is just beyond belief

Hopefully they will never have to know what was done to them at least until they are adults

The sentencing transcript is just unbelievable. I don't know how after reading the entirety of it someone could not want this guy thrown under a bus. If you haven't read it yet, don't. It's that bad.

Dead

well not really...yet
The transcript is some shit that I didn't think even the most vile fucked up imagination could commit to paper, never mind an actual human being saying and doing this stuff. Seriously unfathomable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom