• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lostprophets Singer Ian Watkins Sentenced to 35 Years in Prison

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the comments on the site posted earlier
yrs ago

Everyone has had a lucky escape from him. He's evil, just nasty twisted sick and evil. Manipulative game player who spreads lies about everyone else to disguise the fact that he is the lying sick psychopath cu nt who needs locking up.
How right they were!
Most of the comments are just fangirls bitching about girls he seems to be shagging (they stalk their tumblr/twitter pages) and then there'll be a post that implies something fucked up (such as one of his 'women' claiming Ian had interfered with her kid) and then there'd be a barrage of fangirls slandering the woman and defending him.

Kinda alarming how people were just posting stuff like this
Posted by trust me the band do know
yrs ago
That Ian is a paedo, they all know believe me. They even had to change songs on this album when they found out they were secretly about sh agging kids. That's why the albums taken so long. Trust me, they all know, his lawyers are very good and have kept quite a few people quiet about his sick secrets
and no one seemed to care o_O

That is one of the most shocking transcripts I have ever read. It sickens me to my stomach to think that there are people just as twisted and evil as Watkins out there who have yet to be caught. I literally can not fathom the level of depravity these people are capable of.

This man should have gotten life in prison without the possibility of parole. 36 years means that he will be a free man someday - if he manages to survive inside the prison, that is - and there should be no such horizon for him. I am against the death-penalty and I'm definitely against violence, but I have no remorse towards people like Watkins who are obviously beyond salvation. Any person who can enjoy and get excited about sexually abusing an innocent child has no hope for rehabilitation. All of that goes against the very nature of us as human beings. A person has to be messed up beyond any hope what-so-ever if he is capable of acting like that. So why 36 years? A man like this has to be removed from society for good, and that means isolation. For a person who craves power and adoration, sensory deprivation and isolation are the worst possible punishments. No violence, no "eye for an eye" mentality is needed to give him his worst nightmare.

Lé Blade Runner;94066885 said:
That is one of the most shocking transcripts I have ever read. It sickens me to my stomach to think that there are people just as twisted and evil as Watkins out there who have yet to be caught. I literally can not fathom the level of depravity these people are capable of.

This man should have gotten life in prison without the possibility of parole. 36 years means that he will be a free man someday - if he manages to survive inside the prison, that is - and there should be no such horizon for him. I am against the death-penalty and I'm definitely against violence, but I have no remorse towards people like Watkins who are obviously beyond salvation. Any person who can enjoy and get excited about sexually abusing an innocent child has no hope for rehabilitation. All of that goes against the very nature of us as human beings. A person has to be messed up beyond any hope what-so-ever if he is capable of acting like that. So why 36 years? A man like this has to be removed from society for good, and that means isolation. For a person who craves power and adoration, sensory deprivation and isolation are the worst possible punishments. No violence, no "eye for an eye" mentality is needed to give him his worst nightmare.

We're too soft in Britain, I think. That said, he's probably going to end up killing himself after years of abuse anyway, and that's if a lifer with nothing to lose at the prison doesn't actually manage to get him first.

Ninja Dom

I don't know anything about the band or their music but I read they were around for a good ten years. That's a lot of time spent together.

So none of the band members had any idea of what Watkins was like??

SUPREME1

Banned
Do you have any clue how many false confessions have been coerced with just the cops own word that they have evidence? If you plead guilty you may get a lighter sentence. Many innocent people have plead guilty when it looked like they couldn't win.

Oh shit. Never fails.

BearPawB

Banned
Oh shit. Never fails.

He denied it, then realized his tattoos were in the videos. But I'm sure someone took the time to forge those too.!!!

..Anyone giving this guy any sympathy/or who doubts that he did it is an idiot, plain and simple.

Conspiracy theorists piss me off

Moze

Banned
Quite shocked to see he got this long. I was seriously expecting him to get about 8-10 years.

He clearly deserves this long though, when i first read about his crimes it didn't just fuck up my day, it literally fucked up my whole week. I just couldn't stop thinking about how somebody could actually be that evil.

Dead

well not really...yet
That comment posted 2 years ago about the band knowing is insane, especially them having to change songs because the dude is referencing this shit in the lyrics.

Seems hard to qualify as bullshit rumour in light of all this, and if indeed true, the band themselves ideally should be investigated too...

wtf this is awful

in other news i had never heard of this band and listened to some of the youtube stuff.... holy fuck it is awful. i always wonder how music like this becomes popular but then i remember not everyone shares the same taste in music :(

F#A#Oo

Banned
That comment posted 2 years ago about the band knowing is insane, especially them having to change songs because the dude is referencing this shit in the lyrics.

Seems hard to qualify as bullshit rumour in light of all this, and if indeed true, the band themselves ideally should be investigated too...

I'm pretty sure the band were indeed interviewed...and investigated.

From the transcripts it's clear that he was targeting girls and women.

It definitely doesn't seem like an organised ring with band mates.

I'm pretty sure the band were indeed interviewed...and investigated.

From the transcripts it's clear that he was targeting girls and women.

It definitely doesn't seem like an organised ring with band mates.

They must have known something was up though, considering how openly these girls were talking about it - I guess they felt putting their careers first was most important.

RedShift

Have fun defending the well being of a baby rapist.
Screw you, you know they didn't intend to defend him at all and you're being either stupid or obtuse.

This attitude is fucking ridiculous. The kind of macho "if you don't want paedos to be raped to death by Gorillas you're a dirty paedo too!" tabloid bullshit is infuriating. It's such an obviously stupid thing to say but people keep trotting it out.

People aren't against devising cruel and unusual punishments or capital punishments because we love pieces of shit like this guy, it's because they make society more barbaric. I wouldn't shed a tear if this guy got shanked to death but the idea of people, or even the state hoping for or even enacting pain or death on him is disgusting. Not as disgusting as what he did but still disgusting, and there's no reason to give in to base animal instinct and do it.

Murdering or torturing this guy won't help anyone.

Moze

Banned
14/17years for the mothers who let him do this to their children seems to be a bit low? They will most likely be out in about 7 years. The fact that there are parents who are so obsessed with a celebrity that they would do this is the most disturbing fact about this case.

Ianan

Seriously sickening. I actually remember when I was 17-18 (2007-08ish) I was told by a female friend that Ian Watkins went back to one of her friends house for a party after a night out. I remember seeing the pictures of him at their house since I didn't believe them at first, but yeah. Makes me wonder if he ever asked of any sick crap like this or what he probably did there...

The Adder

Banned
Oh shit. Never fails.

Hey. Hey genius. Read the actual conversation you're taking a quote from before commenting.

In extreme cases, ones where there is absolutely no doubt about guilt whatsoever, I don't see the problem with capital punishment. I certainly don't think this case here is one that would warrant that, but in general, I don't get why people are so against it.

You can never be 100% sure of a conviction. There are only probabilities. Pictures can be faked, video can be faked, documents can be faked, conversations can be edited, investigations can be flawed and biased. That's before you even get to human error. At best you can be 99.99% sure you've made the right decision. Capital punishment excludes the possibility of a retrial if that 1 in a 1000 conviction turns out to be flawed. To be honest the time he spends in prison will likely be far more painful than a humane death.

So if there's video evidence and somebody admits their guilt, that's still not sure enough for you?

You can definitely be 100% sure in certain cases.

Video evidence can be forged.

Even when on top of that, the person admits guilt? C'mon now.

Do you have any clue how many false confessions have been coerced with just the cops own word that they have evidence? If you plead guilty you may get a lighter sentence. Many innocent people have plead guilty when it looked like they couldn't win.

But I guess that takes too much effort. Why bother when being a smartass is so much easier.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
What a sick fucking person. That court transcript is just unbelievable. If he isn't secluded in prison then he's basically looking at hell on earth.

Screw you, you know they didn't intend to defend him at all and you're being either stupid or obtuse.

This attitude is fucking ridiculous. The kind of macho "if you don't want paedos to be raped to death by Gorillas you're a dirty paedo too!" tabloid bullshit is infuriating. It's such an obviously stupid thing to say but people keep trotting it out.

People aren't against devising cruel and unusual punishments or capital punishments because we love pieces of shit like this guy, it's because they make society more barbaric. I wouldn't shed a tear if this guy got shanked to death but the idea of people, or even the state hoping for or even enacting pain or death on him is disgusting. Not as disgusting as what he did but still disgusting, and there's no reason to give in to base animal instinct and do it.

Murdering or torturing this guy won't help anyone.
I never said he defended his actions. I said he was defending his well being, which he is, whether you like it or not. I don't give a flying shit about what happens to this asshole and I hope the worst things that can happen to a person in prison happen to him.

I never said he defended his actions. I said he was defending his well being, which he is, whether you like it or not. I don't give a flying shit about what happens to this asshole and I hope the worst things that can happen to a person in prison happen to him.

That's pretty much the reaction I expected. Your bloodlust and that of others disturbs me. My mind just does not work the same way yours does it seems. I don't know what it would mean to 'have fun defending his well being', but it would/should be a crime for the state to not defend it. Murder and other crimes should not be expected or tolerated in prison.

I don't care what happens to him, but I hope he lives a long time in solitary confinement. Not sure what the situation is like in UK prisons, but sadly they seem to be pretty lawless in the states so he pretty much needs to be in solitary if that is the case.

malyce

14/17years for the mothers who let him do this to their children seems to be a bit low? They will most likely be out in about 7 years. The fact that there are parents who are so obsessed with a celebrity that they would do this is the most disturbing fact about this case.

What in the motherfucking fuck?

Someone please tell me I didn't just read this.

This. Hope he has a terrible time in jail.
He will. It may seem like a tired stereotype, but it's true: pedophiles have a very hard time in jail, to put it lightly. A family friend of mine is a CO in Detroit, and said they try to prevent inmates from learning someone sexually assaulted children because it puts them at significant risk. Word leaked about a incarcerated pedophile in the prison a few years ago...dude was shanked and beaten until he was brain dead.

Jake.

yo i made it about halfway through that court record before i started feeling physically sick. i doubt he will ever end up in gen pop due to his 'status', but it would be great if he did...

soepje

What? The kids mothers knew what was happening?? This story is just getting more and more disgusting. No words. They should be locked up for life too.

ajim

Also he had over 27 TB of CP and other twisted shit stored.

27tb? Holy shit thats a lot.

Seems like this guy was consumed by all of this and believes it is totally normal, and thinks we're the delusional ones.

That transcript is a mindfuck.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
I am not sure I wanna read the transcript, I am trying to keep away from the full details but as more is brought to light, I can't help but read.

I don't wanna read it as I don't want to know the full extend some of these sick bastards go to.

I am glad he was caught, but wish it was sooner, some of those crimes he committed my god :(

I just refuse to believe people can be that twisted/sick, I ??
As a father and uncle the thought of someone doing that to children the same age as my son and niece , it triggers anger and the need for some kind of final justice to people who abuse children..

I am peaceful man, really, but the things that should be done to him are not exactly nice... I don't want to type then as it will make me look nuts.

Why did I even click this?? I couldn't read past the first text the mother sent Watkins...

Shiiiiiiiiit, those thinking to click it out or curiosity , don't , it's disgusting beyond belief , I need a memory wipe .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom