• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Boat [Mafia] |OT| Till Death Do Us Part

FluxWaveZ

tumblr_nuckdefEYR1qdqi4go1_500.gif

cnLmFNJl.jpg

Timeaisis

You say slight, but there has to be something? Bats especially seems like someone you should have something concrete to mention.

Bats keeps pushing the idea that confirming me abs Blawl is our top priority. Just seems weird to me. That's my "slight".

batsnacks

Bats keeps pushing the idea that confirming me abs Blawl is our top priority. Just seems weird to me. That's my "slight".
It would be really nice if it was possible... I mean, 2 strong powers and all. :/

The critical feedback I've received on my ideas has been pretty accurate though.

Karkador

Banned
Debate and constructive analysis is probably a good thing between partners, but how much difference of opinion can you really expect? Partners are looking at the same exact thing.

FluxWaveZ

It seems that you must be pretty close to your partner zipped, huh Karkador? You inferred that you guys communicate a whole bunch in your private chat before, and now that partners would naturally coordinate and have the same overall opinions.

Flame_AC

While Coppa and I talk in our chat, I think we both realize that it's better to have our thoughts out here where other people can help develop or refute theories than just sitting in our own chat and not contributing. I'm not saying you, Kark, is doing this specifically, but I think it is a double-edged sword for us. In one aspect we each know everything about one other person in the game, but on the downside, a lot of discussion could potentially never be seen by the thread.

Hey, I haven't said anything about your supposedly stylish entrance.

Vojasig.gif

Oh, well... I know you can't stop thinking about it

And "entrance"? You think we stopped at the entrance?

How about I en-trance you:

Team BLAWL got it down to cross-referential puns, Time-twerps. Long. Lasting. Lore.

Tracker
Team Rocket
peek at you
Pikachu.

Bet you didn't catch that, huh? How's that for a haiku. Raichu. Right at you.

What. What now.

Taken.

Kawl, drop the mic figuratively

Hello fellow couples! I've only read through post 750, but let me give my thoughts as of this point just to let you know that I do exist and am present. Catching up to the present will have to wait until tomorrow as it's almost my bedtime.

The TimeFlux reveal was a complete mess. They didn't seem to be on the same page based on the answers they were giving, and endangering a useful town role like that seems bad. However, it was so poorly handled that I can't help but think scum wouldn't ever dare doing something as brazen as that. I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt for now.

Hadn't ever heard of the miller terminology before (or veteran for that matter) but I believe I am familiar with the role. Claiming it right away is the right thing to do, and I definitely understand claiming the tracker part as well. If they tried to change their story later they would become huge lynch targets. I am leaning town with Blarg/Kawl.

Someone mentioned the problem that these claims, if both true, would mean both a role and alignment detective, which seems unlikely, but is it possible the "miller" part just means their name is ambiguous and there isn't an alignment detective?

IDGAF about millers btw.
Without cops, we are all millers.

kUVtZEH.gif

I still don't really see how Miller balances a Tracker. A tracker is relatively better than a miller, of course, but it's a pretty bad counterweight.

A typical tracker role is already, by design, working on a disadvantage of having a fairly incomplete picture of the situation. They have a pretty wide margin for misinterpreting results (or just not hitting a result at all).

If Town has a Cop who could potentially trip on the Miller, and a Tracker role attached to a Miller, then ..I just hope we also have something really cool that's actually going to help us.

In other words, the Miller/Tracker claim makes no sense.

This line of reasoning doesn't make much sense to me. Trackers can absolutely provide valuable information, and I can certainly see how it would be interesting to balance that role with false scan results.

VOTE: Karkador

UltraJay

Bat's plan is weird, but we know it would be too convenient if Flume say they checked someone who ended up dying during the night. This is why I think they should stick to the plan of checking Blawl. They are unlikely to be killed tonight as they are a good lynch target still -- being millers and all.

I asked Time to clarify if they really are a role cop as I don't think he has actually outright said anything about it... or even talked about the role at all. Don't want to step on Flux's toes and say something wrong? I just need to hear it straight from Time. I don't know if he really has said anything substantial apart from his strained relationship with Flux. The fudge is up with that?

Blawl, where do you get the millers part from? Does your role PM actually state "Millers" like, where it describes what your role is like related to traditional mafia roles? In Nightvale I was described as a "Serial Killer/Vigilante". Or are you assuming this based on your role name? You said that it would "make sense" that your role would be millers based on the name. Does the role PM state anything about alignment cops being present in the game? Like "you appear as Loveless" or whatever? This is stuff that won't reveal your name but back up your claim. Otherwise you haven't given us shi- ...schnitzel.

I've played with Ty4on and Coppa, both are looking to be playing the same way as before, when they were both town. I don't know scum Coppa, but he is throwing his vote around like in Nightvale. However, he could have realized this after other games and is now trying to look town and keep his vote fluid.

Karu is acting the same as well, but he is REALLY good at pretending to be town and getting everyone in his pocket. When he gets a new partner, I will keep a close eye on them to see how the whole team's alignment lies.

I promise I will be more active, so everyone who has a vote on my team because of me is being a big, stupid poopyhead. Votes on my Beau Beau'n are understandable. I've come back and the lover's chat is still empty. Just me saying I'm alive and before that it was the mods wondering where the h-e-double-hockey-sticks I am. Come back babe.

CzarTim

It just feels bad to lynch someone who claimed a power role on the first day, regardless of how awful the claim was. I think it's better to wait a day especially considering what role they claimed. Role cop is really hard to fake in a closed setup cause you have to make stuff up.

So, I'm trying to say I can see them being mafia but my better judgement makes me think wait a day. I want to wait a day.

Yeah, downside if they aren't mafia is too high at this stage, they'll still be scum tomorrow if that's the case.

FluxWaveZ

I should be sleeping right now, so sorry if this comes out weird, but here's my argument that [m] Coppanuva & [m] Flame_AC are either a Neutral role (which we should lynch anyways) or Loveless.

Hunt the Lowest Hanging Fruit and Pressure (i.e. "safe") Votes

1. Coppanuva is the first to vote for my team after my role claim; a pressure vote for answers. Doesn't look out of place, of course; it'd be a reasonable response to what I did.

2. Flame_AC is the first to vote for Blargonaut's team, which he does immediately following their role claim. States that he's not willing to deal with a miller.

After stating that his vote is fluid, Coppanuva's votes begin to shift regularly as a means to solely pressure people. I don't like it when one openly admits their votes are just for "pressure," and not actually because they think someone might be scum. It's a way to avoid assuming any hard stances; to avoid giving anyone ammunition regarding your voting patterns.

So, after people start to suspect them and they get some heat, their activity shifts to prodding low activity posters, because those aren't the people who'll put up a fight anyways but it still makes them seem like they're actively pursuing something:

- Coppanuva to CzarTim
- Flame_AC to MagnumBoy20xx
- Coppanuva to TL21xx

etc. The only thing this pair use their votes for are to prod people who aren't talking enough. Aside from Flame wanting to kill the Millers, there's no clear tell of who they are actually against right now, or who they trust.

Attempts to Subtly Incriminate

1. Flame_AC was the first—and only other than Gorlak—to refer to my comment of "screw love" as a point of suspicion when the game's about Love triumphing.

2. Flame_AC calls me out on a "bad reactionary vote."

Referring to the Majority

1. Flame_AC:
However I also think that it is pointless if I'm the only one on the lynch train. If consensus is that we'll address Blarg Day 2/3/4 or whenever, then I'll wait till then and then try and lynch the miller. I get what you are pointing out, but in a game where it probably will take around 10 or 12 votes to lynch someone, if that level of support isn't there right now,
2. Flame_AC:
Be careful not to dogpile everyone, we don't want to end conversation by deciding on Flux/Time.

Motivations(?)

1. Flame_AC started off quite insistent that a good doctor role should protect the only claimed town role on the subsequent Night phase.

2. Flame_AC is strangely insistent on lynching someone on D1. In his first post and in a subsequent one.

There's not much to go on quite yet—what with it being D1 and all—but these are what I think are putting me off from this team currently, and why I think they're either Neutral or Mafia. They were quite talkative at first, but they started to relent once people started focusing on the pair.

Something to note is that Gorlak has been defending this team, while others have mainly been having null/scum reads:
Furthermore I don't see Coppa and Flame as a very noticeable team. They voted for different people... so? It's still early, but I'm not lynching them based on this fact alone?!
I've not paid great attention to Flame and Coppa just yet, simply because they didn't stand out. Reread all their posts just now.
They are fairly active and quickly jumped on both of the claims with a vote (which others did as well). Worringly about this might be the fact that they retracted from their standpoints pretty fast once they experienced headwind on those matters. Withdrawing from your view this early is a sign of insecurity. Still I don't feel this would be anywhere near enough to vote for them.

CzarTim

For my part, I've been away from GAF for most of the daytime, and come back to a couple pages to read through. When I do post not enough people are on to actually hold a conversation with so I just post my thoughts and leave it at that. If there's something specific you'd like me to comment on, just ask, but this isn't going to change for a week or so. I know my one true love is also busy, and we keep missing each other so it's been hard to coordinate.

So anyway, here are my changes in reads from yesterday:

I've cooled a bit on Gorch, for the specific reason that they seem to be on the same page. I'm trying to be careful not to rely too much on this, because it'd be easy to fake, but in this particular instance, I don't think that's the case (I'd point to blawl's reveal as something that could be scum faking it). Launch doesn't seem like he's paying super close attention to the game, which okay whatever, but he's drawing the same conclusions as his partner. I also read his responses as sincere. I'm not ready to classify them as def. town, but I am not looking to vote there today at least.

I am still okay with my kitty vote, tbh, but I am also looking at switching to Boojay. The more I think about it, the more I am bothered about the way Boo sheeped me twice this game. I don't think both kitty and boo are on the same scum team, but I'd like to explore one of the two lynches.

By all means post reads, they're always interesting. I've just noticed multiple people voicing similar sentiments, so I figured I'd take the opportunity to give my stance on it.

Also, FOS = finger of suspicion. That's my bad, I'm too used to epicmafia terminology.

HELLO.

Please do not edit posts in the game thread. It is not allowed.

A spider warns >:3

Alrighty then, starting to write up a post on everything that's going on, but until then, I'd like to make a BIG request

IF POSSIBLE, PARTNERS AND LOVERS, I WOULD LIKE YOU TO REPORT IF THE TWO OF YOU HAVE BEEN FAIRLY ACTIVE IN YOUR BOATS/CHATS, ONE PARTNER MISSING, MUTUAL, ETC.

I'll start: KingKitty haven't been social butterflies, but we've been posting, with occasional, sometimes major lulls in contact. Could be doing better, but I feel that, at least from my side, I get how he feels about stuff.

CzarTim

Our chat is like trading a few posts from me, a few posts from him, back and forth since we keep missing each other.

*Splinter

Where are we going with this line of thinking
I guess since scum don't have individual pair chats, Hyper is trying to get a feel for who is using one and who is faking. I've had similar thoughts, though I'd've preferred it to go unsaid a little longer

cabot

Feelings on bats?

Playing like he has before when town. He suggests ideas and and questions things, offering his opinions. His plans have some degree of 'optimism' shall we say, but that seems normal to me as a lot of his plans made little sense in woof 2.

You tried, buddy.

I find times suspicion of him interesting because he seems to be playing similarly to last time. Bats suggest stupid things it's who he is.

I went from optimistic to stupid in three paragraphs. Sorry bats you know I love you

CzarTim

Bats has not commented on a lot outside of the claims. He went after flame / coppa, which fair enough, and asked Gor why he was voting you, but not much else. Bats pushing "plans" is nothing new, but it's not alignment indicative. I'm null reading him atm.

Gorlak

Banned
Feelings on bats?

Bats is a null read for me. He is active and he didn't say anything that made me suspicious of him. But throwing around inappropriate plans is no sign of an alignment whatsoever. More interesting is, that I don't remember anything from his partner Magnum, is he even playing anymore? Bats have you heard from him lately? He doesn't have an active vote either... Which brings me to this list:

No votes:
Timeaisis
Boo Boo'n
Coppanuva
TL21xx
MagnumBoy20xx
Karu
Kyanrute
Retroid
El Topo
rest (replaced)

33% of the game are not voting. I guess you all like to jump in here the last minute and choose your bandwaggon target hoping nobody will question your behaviour?
Is El Topo even playing? Stalling since beginning, the replacement of his partner has put a vote down faster than him. This is frustrating.

Kyanrute and Retroid are the only pair with both not voting. Odd considering Kyanrute put his thoughts down, why haven't you voted?

A last sidenote: Sophia and Ty4on are the only ones who have not received a vote all day.

El Topo

Is El Topo even playing? Stalling since beginning, the replacement of his partner has put a vote down faster than him. This is frustrating.

If you guys hadn't amassed over 500 posts within the first 24 hours I would have already caught up.

Kyanrute

Odd considering Kyanrute put his thoughts down, why haven't you voted?

A man needs sleep. Tried to look for one yesterday, but midnight caught up to me. I'm looking for a target now, in between the stuff I should be doing. Fear not, I will have an opinion in some hours.

cabot

I should mention at this time that I have consistently read El topo as scum in games I've played with him, where he was neutral and then town.

His current performance is also echoing scum flags, but I'm now hoping big panda can step up and offer a potential counter to effect my faulty read (sort of, he was an anti town neutral in that game)

I'd still put ultra boo first for this phase. I'm going to see how they both play for the remainder of the day.

Gorlak

Banned
Do you care to share your opinion on anything? What do you think of Splintbot or why do find me scummy? I haven't found a reaction to the claims from you. How should we deal with those?

Ty4on, this was directed at you way back. You changed your vote to Time without giving reasons either. Following you stated your content with bats plan...

I don't see the big problem with Bat's idea. If they're bullshitting they risk being caught. If they give us a name and said, named couple flips scum we have a good reason believing Fluxaisis is scum. If they give us a name and Fluxaisis flips scum without role cop ability we have a good reason to believe the named couple is also scum (only safe claim they can make). If the couple they investigated is night killed then we know there's only a 1/12 chance they hit the target (minus Blawl and the couple we're going to lynch) and Occam's Razor says it's more likely that were the killers unless they had a very good reason for choosing that target. Ideally Fluxaisis would pick their target by RNG, but I can understand picking a suspected scum and that could steer scum into killing suspicious townie for us.

Which is some pretty weird reasoning... All I see is everything that FluxTime will do ends up in revealing one or two scum teams. I can't be the only one seeing flaws in this explanation above?

batsnacks

IF POSSIBLE, PARTNERS AND LOVERS, I WOULD LIKE YOU TO REPORT IF THE TWO OF YOU HAVE BEEN FAIRLY ACTIVE IN YOUR BOATS/CHATS, ONE PARTNER MISSING, MUTUAL, ETC.
No. This is the easiest feigned contribution ever and people who make excuses based on their hidden couples chat are scummy. I thought that any townie would be in line with this thinking. Not to mention mafia probably wants to know who has the more active couples chats because those people probably have a lot to talk about e.g. night actions.

cabot

No. This is the easiest feigned contribution ever and people who make excuses based on their hidden couples chat are scummy. I thought that any townie would be in line with this thinking. Not to mention mafia probably wants to know who has the more active couples chats because those people probably have a lot to talk about e.g. night actions.

You've put my concerns with this on the page pretty neatly.

This is the second time hyper has specifically wanted to discuss private lover chats. I brought up the first when he wanted to talk about timefluxs 'async' communication and it it was false. It doesn't seem to be particularly town minded. I don't really agree with splinters point on this when I asked what was the point.

Scum would obviously be eager to find out about things they don't know about. Breaking the sacrilege of the lover chat this early is suspect.

I realize I responded with a brief post describing our chat but that's personal preference. I don't feel like we need to hide it. Actively asking for everyone's chat status is not the same.

*Splinter

I realize I responded with a brief post describing our chat but that's personal preference. I don't feel like we need to hide it. Actively asking for everyone's chat status is not the same.
FTR this is my position too, and is roughly what I meant by preferring it to go unspoken. Calling it out like Hyper did is at best making any observations there less useful, and at worst scum fishing for hints.

Top Bottom