• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Boat [Mafia] |OT| Till Death Do Us Part

Burbeting

Banned
rest & karu (1)
fluxwavez
sophia

launchpadmcq & gorlak (2)
fluxwavez
*splinter
blargonaut
cabot

*splinter & cabot (0)
gorlak
kingkitty

timeaisis & fluxwavez (4)
launchpadmcq
ultrajay
ty4on
coppanuva
*splinter
*splinter
camjo-z
*splinter

blargonaut & kawl_usc (2)
flame_ac
boo boo'n
karkador
zippedpinhead

kingkitty & hyperactivity (3)
hyperactivity
czartim
never forever
kawl_usc

el topo & giant panda (3)
cabot
gorlak
*splinter

coppanuva & flame_ac (2)
*splinter
ty4on
batsnacks
fluxwavez
hyperactivity

karkador & zippedpinhead (1)
fluxwavez
fluxwavez
giant panda
coppanuva

neverforever & czartim (1)
coppanuva
Karu

ultrajay & boo boo'n (1)
never forever
kyanrute
kingkitty
coppanuva

magnumboy20xx & batsnacks (0)
flame_ac

tl21xx & camjo-z (0)
coppanuva

kyanrute & retroid (1)
*splinter
*splinter
sophia
flame_ac

16 Votes Needed for Majority

There are 20 active votes.

cabot

I think with hyper, I can't imagine he'd be so lethargic as he has been in this game as scum.

He's tied second in votes on the shorter side of the day phase, and he doesn't really muster any sort of real defense. He just says yeah alright, then throws some shade saying it's an easy vote.

Well yes, it is an easy vote because you're not being particularly helpful to us. Kitty is better but not particularly great.

Ty4on

Ty4on, this was directed at you way back. You changed your vote to Time without giving reasons either. Following you stated your content with bats plan...

Which is some pretty weird reasoning... All I see is everything that FluxTime will do ends up in revealing one or two scum teams. I can't be the only one seeing flaws in this explanation above?
The point was to show how if Fluxaisis were scum who made a gambit it'd be hard to fake the night results.

Why you're scummy? Your defence of Coppa and Flame was weird and dismissive and you seem really keen on throwing suspicion on Cabot and Splinter without much evidence backing your claim. I can understand being worried, but I don't understand why that doesn't apply to to Coppa.

UltraJay

After stating that his vote is fluid, Coppanuva's votes begin to shift regularly as a means to solely pressure people. I don't like it when one openly admits their votes are just for "pressure," and not actually because they think someone might be scum. It's a way to avoid assuming any hard stances; to avoid giving anyone ammunition regarding your voting patterns.

I don't see any of this as any kind of hard evidence of scumminess. Half of your post is explaining how Coppanova acts like most of the time. I'm not sold on CoppaFlame either being town or scum at the moment but for right now it isn't scummy for Coppa's vote to be "fluid". It is exactly like he acted in Nightvale: He prodded low activity posters and voted for people he had "questions" for. Once he got an answer he'd move to someone else. He was town. I didn't even want to kill him and I was a mother-loving 5-headed dragon.

You are trying to build up this whole case against this team and I'm not buying it. My vote stays on Time for now because I want him to answer my questions.

I'll probably switch to Hyper next. He's acting the complete opposite way he did in Final Fantasy. He was running crazy gambits as scum in that game and now he's quiet. Honestly would think he was a different player if it wasn't for the username being the same. Don't necessarily think this means he's a bored town who wished he were scum. Could be scum trying different tactics... perhaps because someone else on the scum team is taking all the attention this time?

FluxWaveZ

I don't see any of this as any kind of hard evidence of scumminess. Half of your post is explaining how Coppanova acts like most of the time. I'm not sold on CoppaFlame either being town or scum at the moment but for right now it isn't scummy for Coppa's vote to be "fluid". It is exactly like he acted in Nightvale: He prodded low activity posters and voted for people he had "questions" for. Once he got an answer he'd move to someone else. He was town. I didn't even want to kill him and I was a mother-loving 5-headed dragon.

That's fair, but I also care little for player precedence when it's a playstyle I don't care for and it's also a player I have not had experience playing with before.

Chasing people just because they play differently than they did before is erroneous.

Never Forever and CzarTim - Would have expected more from these two thus far given past performances.

what does this even mean

I think with hyper, I can't imagine he'd be so lethargic as he has been in this game as scum.

He's tied second in votes on the shorter side of the day phase, and he doesn't really muster any sort of real defense. He just says yeah alright, then throws some shade saying it's an easy vote.

Well yes, it is an easy vote because you're not being particularly helpful to us. Kitty is better but not particularly great.

aww, I'm going to pretend that you took that phrase from me and feel proud, even if you didn't

I would have thought that scum would have presented the appearance of following along and contributing rather than being all 'yeah whatever', but obviously there's no scum handbook and the fact that he's reading along without making much of a significant contribution makes it all a bit questionable

it all just feels a bit flippant, and he's seems to be content to run around implying things without ever making anything explicit and committing to a vote

today's top lynch candidates:
Hyper/Kitty
Gorlak/LMQ
Boo/Jay

cabot

Will place my Vote on...
VOTE: Never Forever
Behaviour of him and Tim seem more like grabbing superficial nuggets to play with rather than making a true effort. Not a locked-in vote by any means, though.

I had to search to find this, Karu. Probably best to mention specifics next time, chap!

Burbeting

Banned
That's odd. Karu indeed has voted, but for some reason Royal Flush's tool/Ouro's script ignores it.

I added the vote manually to the latest count.

//The problem is in Ourobolus script, will ask helpz to update it later.

Gorlak

Banned
That's odd. Karu indeed has voted, but for some reason Royal Flush's tool/Ouro's script ignores it.

I added the vote manually to the latest count.

//The problem is in Ourobolus script, will ask helpz to update it later.

ip6L6Wb.png

El Topo

I'm only 200 posts in with my thorough reading, but a few remarks:
1)Way too much fluff/nonsense. It's distracting.
2)Role-claims on D1. Distracting, annoying, pointless.
3)A certain player votes too often.
4)Certain players seem intent on lynching someone based on supposed inconsistency and minor things. I don't like that attitude.
5)Some players seem to deliberately fly under the radar and not take a stance.
6)Way too many posts. Maybe an odd complaint, but we seem to be on track to have way more posts than most (all?) previous Mafia games. Makes it hard to properly catch up.

I just wanted to give a few preliminary thoughts. Hopefully the remaining....oh God...550 posts will be more helpful.

FluxWaveZ

El Topo's playing exactly as I remember from Werewolf 2 before he was replaced by Burbeting. Which is to say talking about how unhelpful the ongoing discussion apparently is, but being fully unhelpful himself.

4)Certain players seem intent on lynching someone based on supposed inconsistency and minor things. I don't like that attitude.
6)Way too many posts. Maybe an odd complaint, but we seem to be on track to have way more posts than most (all?) previous Mafia games. Makes it hard to properly catch up.

I just wanted to give a few preliminary thoughts. Hopefully the remaining....oh God...550 posts will be more helpful.

"A certain player"...

Girl.

El Topo

El Topo's playing exactly as I remember from Werewolf 2 before he was replaced by Burbeting. Which is to say talking about how unhelpful the ongoing discussion apparently is, but being fully unhelpful himself.

You try to thoroughly read, summarize and file hundreds of posts and not get pissed at fluff or the sheer volume of posts or nonsense.

FluxWaveZ

You try to thoroughly read, summarize and file hundreds of posts and not get pissed at fluff or the sheer volume of posts or nonsense.

You don't think that's what most of the people actually participating to the conversation and trying to help move things along are doing? What you're saying about fluff is nonsense; there's very little of that going on compared to at least the other games I've played in. Too many posts for you to follow through? Then you can seek a replacement. But don't act like you're above us like what you have to say is somehow more significant than what's been going on.

*Splinter

4 = Certain players seem intent on playing Mafia?

Also is this some kind of quiz?
1 is Cabot isn't? Damnit Cab get your head in the game.
2 is Flux
3 is me
4 is Gorlak
5 is El Topo
6 is Xamtheking

How did I do?

cabot

Posting from mobile is a complete fucking nightmare. The effect is ruined

VOTE : Boo Boo'n

Elaborate on that drive by

kingkitty

I'll probably switch to Hyper next. He's acting the complete opposite way he did in Final Fantasy. He was running crazy gambits as scum in that game and now he's quiet. Honestly would think he was a different player if it wasn't for the username being the same. Don't necessarily think this means he's a bored town who wished he were scum. Could be scum trying different tactics... perhaps because someone else on the scum team is taking all the attention this time?

don't like this overly meta stuff. and then you talk about how hyper right now is acting completely different from the last time he was scum. and instead of thinking "maybe he isnt scum", you say "maybe this is a scum tactic!".

Sophia

Firstly, as Rest is no longer in the game...

UNVOTE

Karu's vote on Never Forever is interesting, as he didn't really expand on it too much after his vote. Nothing for me to be suspicious of right now tho.

VOTE: Hyperactivity

I'm really starting to dislike drive-by votes like this. I too echo cabot and would like elaboration on it.

Kyanrute

~feelings of love~

Feeling towny.

2. Karkador & Zippedpinhead - Like the other cat, this cat too posts nice things. His partner made some good points too as well. In addition, for better or worse, there is cordination of the towny kind between these two, something that not many pairs have.
8. *Splinter & Cabot - Throwing out a lot of different ideas and forms of approacing people makes me feel town.
15. Sophia & Ty4on - Most towny duo to me. Sophia especially puts depth into her posts.

Neutral.

3. Timeaisis & FluxWaveZ - Not a fan of the playstyle but the gambit is stupid (or glorious?) as hell as scum. Want to wait for day two.
4. LaunchPadMcQ & Gorlak - Launch has hints of town in him. Gorlak is more confusing but a cat so that gives a point. Balances out to I dunno what to think.
5. Blargonaut & Kawl_USC - Claim seems contradictory to the other one, but imo that speaks more to the validity of it, would they have claimed that as a scum even after Flux did what they did? Let them live and see what day two tells about them.
7. Coppanuva & Flame_AC - Still information gathering through pressuring. Either town encouraging others to talk or scum pretending to have something to say. Null. Cordinated, but instead of both focusing on one person, they spread around to cover more ground.
10. MagnumBoy20xx & batsnacks - bat’s plans are so openly bad that I can’t see him presenting them if was he a scum. But it could be nice scum fluff as well gasp. I don’t think it is. Magnum is null.
11. Rest & Karu - A lonely man :’(
14. NeverForever & CzarTim - Tim mentioned both are busy so that and day zzz explains the medium amount of posts. Null-townish.

Feeling scummy.

1. Kingkitty & Hyperactivity - I feel nice about kittens but Hyper seems almost defeatist. Hyper also appears to offer info to town via the chat question but the whole thing has a scum diversion/information gathering feeling in it. What was the idea behind this request? Give megapost pls.
6. UltraJay & Boo Boo’n - Very little. Boo has some reads though. Feeling suspicious.
9. TL21XX & Camjo-Z - TL needs more posts. Camjo has said things that I like, but the overall lack of content puts them in the scumville.
13. El Topo & Giant Panda - Moar…

VOTE: Hyperactivity

Why did you want to know about everybody's chats?

kingkitty

other thoughts:

as mentioned, el topo seems to continually say the thread is going at a too fast a clip to catch on. A reasonable excuse, but he has mentioned it enough times that I can't help but think it could be a delaying move by scum. then el topo writes a post detailing his thoughts so far, which seem to have pointed criticism...but is completely vague on who the criticism is directed at. i don't know why. wouldn't it be more helpful for town to be straightforward? maybe he'll elaborate more on that post later. for now my vibe stays unsure and unsteady towards him. haven't seen anything yet from panda, which is understandable.

*Splinter

If Hyper is scum he'll be lynched in a last minute swing, no need to worry about him.

Joking aside I have a very gentle town lean on Hyper. I feel less good about kitty but he's always tricky.

As a pair I couldn't say I trust them, but they aren't my top scum either. That dubious honour would go to Floppa at the moment.

Kyanrute

This makes me even more unsettled. Why would I care about that?

Is it possible that 2/3 teams you listed in your pro town list are actually Loveless?

My apologies. I love irony. I thought you shared the love and read your comment as a joke. To answer your question; yes, it is possible. The substance behind my reads is flimsy, this being day one after all. I would not vote any of the three at the pro-town list today though.

Sophia

The one thing that strikes me out is the El Topo & Giant Panda read. Pun not intended, but is there anything more to that read than just not enough posts?

Burbeting

Banned
I'll be sending a prod at Retroid.

Search for Rest's replacement still in progress.

//Retroid has been active during last 48 hours, so scratch that.

Kyanrute

The one thing that strikes me out is the El Topo & Giant Panda read. Pun not intended, but is there anything more to that read than just not enough posts?

It is the lack of posts and the posts that they have made, haven't struck me as anything special. I want to hear more to have at least a flimsy basis to think something of them.

I'm currently working on an assignment, so I'm going to be reactive for an hour or two while I finish it. In case, you know, people call me out for being defensive - because yes, that's exactly how I'm acting right now.

My demeanor has changed significantly since then.

That's a great explanation. You've convinced me.

Responding to your suspicions - by golly, is that suspicious! How could I deign to defend myself?

So, what the hell was the point of this?

Flux, if you're going to double down on this shit claim, I'm going to vote for you.

VOTE: Timeaisis

VOTE:LaunchpadMcQ

He seemed really defensive in these posts, despite being nowhere near in danger of being lynched. Usually townies don't sweat a vote here or there as much as a scum would.

Also, is there any way to get around having to type out [/high light] every time to vote?

Timeaisis

Well, everyone is clamoring for more out of me, so here you go. I hope these are as unimpressive to you as they are for me.

1. [m] Kingkitty & [m] Hyperactivity - Kitty seems fine, Hyper seems scummy for some reason, but I have nothing to back that up. No read.
2. [m] Karkador & [m] Zippedpinhead - They are in it together, they are being reasonable over all, and Kark thinks thinks Blawl is suspicious like I do. Town.
3. [m] Timeaisis & [m] FluxWaveZ - 100% Town.
4. [m] LaunchPadMcQ & [m] Gorlak - Launch is quieter than normal, but his post contents are LMQ-y. Gorlak doesn't stand out. No read.
5. [m] Blargonaut & [m] Kawl_USC - Miller tracker is weird. Timing of the claim is weird. Blarg is weird. I don't like it. Neutral/Scum
6. [m] UltraJay & [m] Boo Boo'n - Honestly, neither of them really post all that much. I thought Boo Boo'n's analysis of Hyper/Kitty was pretty good, though. But it could be a "minimum to get by" kind of deal. No read.
7. [m] Coppanuva & [m] Flame_AC - They seem to vote an awful lot, as my lover pointed out. They like to prod and seem to be "fishing" for lynch candidates. Now this could be me just not liking this playstyle, but I get bad vibes from them. Slight scum?
8. [m] *Splinter & [m] Cabot - I guess they seem OK. No read.
9. [m] TL21xx & [m] Camjo-Z NEW - I've got almost nothing on these two. They don't seem that active. No read.
10. [m] MagnumBoy20xx & [m] batsnacks - Batsnacks is throwing ideas out to help town. I initially thought that was kind of scummy, but he's backed off of it lately. He seems OK to me now. Town.
11. [m] Rest & [m] Karu - I got nothing.
12. [m] Kyanrute NEW & [m] Retroid - Not really that active, but Kyan has posted some read lists. I guess that is good? No read.
13. [m] El Topo & [m] Miracle [m] Giant Panda - El Topo is claiming to be busy, I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt. Also, I actually like this post. I kind of feel the same way. Town, for now.
14. [m] NeverForever & [m] CzarTim - Never Forever makes sense, even though I don't agree with his "everyone needs to vote" stance. Town.
15. [f] Sophia & [m] Ty4on - Sophia seems calm and logical. Ty4on seems fine. Town.

UltraJay

I asked Time to clarify if they really are a role cop as I don't think he has actually outright said anything about it... or even talked about the role at all. Don't want to step on Flux's toes and say something wrong? I just need to hear it straight from Time. I don't know if he really has said anything substantial apart from his strained relationship with Flux. The fudge is up with that?

Thanks for that Time. My vote is on you pretty much because I wanna hear from you about your role since you haven't spoken that much about it. Actually people are saying we don't post much at all but other than my last post no one has commented on what I posted before that. I had a lot of questions in this quoted post that have gone unanswered -- mainly from you and Blawl. I see if I get any answers once I wake up.

Camjo-Z

9. TL21XX & Camjo-Z - TL needs more posts. Camjo has said things that I like, but the overall lack of content puts them in the scumville.

9. [m] TL21xx & [m] Camjo-Z NEW - I've got almost nothing on these two. They don't seem that active. No read.

You people want content? Alright, here are my D1 thoughts.

[m] Timeaisis & [m] FluxWaveZ - Horrific D1 play. People seem quick to dismiss them as misguided townies, but could easily be WIFOM. If they don't redeem themselves D2 I can't imagine them sticking around much longer.

[m] Coppanuva & [m] Flame_AC - Way too eager to throw their votes around. Will likely get themselves lynched later on because of it if they can't back it up with a power role claim/confirmation.

[m] Blargonaut & [m] Kawl_USC - Not too familiar with this game's variant of the miller, so I don't know exactly how wary to be of this claim. Apparently they have tracker powers as well? Keeping an eye on them, at any rate.

Everyone else - Any suspicions on my part are based entirely on guesses at this point, and not educated ones at that, so they're not worth posting.

Top Bottom