• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Boat [Mafia] |OT| Till Death Do Us Part

FluxWaveZ

1. [m] Kingkitty & [m] Hyperactivity

• Hyperactivity's assumption of 3 scum teams suddenly changed to 4 at the start of D3.
  • kingkitty is one of the few players who has been openly lenient regarding a lynch on my team.
  • Leaning Neutral.

2. [m] Karkador & [m] Zippedpinhead

• Claim to be Town-aligned, X-shot Trackers.
  • Karkador has had confusing rhetoric, pushing his own narrative several times.
  • Claim to have been chat bombed on N2.
  • Zipped seems to follow in his partner's footsteps, deliberately so. This team has claimed to use their private chat extensively.
  • Leaning Town.

3. [m] Timeaisis & [m] FluxWaveZ

• The Protagonists
  • Town

4. [m] LaunchPadMcQ & [m] Gorlak

• Both play as though they're above being lynched, similar to the Czar/Never Team.
  • Scum-read Gorlak for questionable reasoning used to push his own narrative (e.g. my supposed ability to influence Town, that I'm "the master of constructing bandwagons").
  • Not sure what to think of Launch.
  • Launch was 1 of the 2 players who distanced themselves from the Czar/Never lynch at the very end of D1 by placing a vote on cabot.
  • Gorlak likes to say things that are wrong.
  • Leaning Mafia.

5. [m] Blargonaut & [m] Kawl_USC

• Dead
  • Confirmed Loveless-aligned, X-shot Trackers
  • Argued that Team Time/Flux, Team Kark/Zipped and Team Splinter/cabot were all one big happy scum family. Claimed Time/Flux were trying to save Splinter/cabot because they were our "highest-profile defenders." #3 was Town, my team is Town, and Kark/Zipped are likely to be Town, so whaddya know.
  • Desperately clinging to my "bad play" as a reason for why my team should have been lynched instead of his.
  • "Trusted" the batsnacks/Magnum team and the hobohodo/Ty4on team the most.

6. [m] UltraJay & [m] Boo Boo'n

• Boo Boo'n said some wack shit at the start of D3. Votes for Launch with the presumption he personally wanted them dead. States that Kark should be dead. States that, if everything goes as expected, Kark's team should be lynched at the end of D3.
  • Claim they did not do anything on N2; substantiated by Kark/Zipped's claim.
  • UltraJay proclaimed they wanted to be lynched at the end of D1 in desperation, complete with self-vote, until they saw it could be redirected to Never/Czar.
  • Leaning Mafia.

7. [m] Coppanuva & [m] Flame_AC

• Voting patterns are some odd stuff. Like I've said before, they don't really aim at who they think is scum, but they aim at who they want answers out of.
  • Flame_AC, in particular, has had examples of Power Role fishing.
  • Flame_AC had a weird question towards me about whether we had received some kind of notice telling us whether or not we were targeted by scum on N1.
  • Leaning Mafia.

8. [m] *Splinter & [m] Cabot

• Dead
  • cabot was reasonable, *Splinter was less so (hesitating on placing a hammer vote, voting on his own team at the last second of D1).

9. [m] TL21xx & [m] Camjo-Z NEW

• Camjo-Z blames me in particular for Czar/Never Team's lynch on D1.
  • Assumed there was an alignment cop and expressed as much when the point of Blarg/Kawl actually being Millers was in contention.
  • Leaning Town.

10. [m] MagnumBoy20xx & [m] batsnacks

11. [m] Rest [m] Dusk Soldier & [m] Karu

• Barely anything to say about these two, which I guess is worrying.
  • I like what they've posted, though. Nice reads lists and reasoning.
  • Leaning Town.

12. [m] Kyanrute NEW & [m] Retroid

• Retroid has logic I disagree with (e.g. why Splinter/cabot were killed on N2, going for "No Lynch" on D1).
  • Kyanrute posts decent reads lists.
  • Leaning Town.

13. [m] El Topo & [m] Miracle [m] Giant Panda

• Claim to have been chat bombed on N1. Seeded that information on D2, but only confirmed it after the Kark/Zipped team did.
  • El Topo often talks about who he would want to vote for, but only actually votes near the end and in line with the flow. Playstyle, I guess.
  • El Topo's contributions in the entire game have been by far about why I should die instead of anything else.
  • Leaning Town.

14. [m] Never Forever & [m] CzarTim

• Dead
  • One True Pairing and Town-aligned; single shot immune to anything during the Night. Possibly why they acted as though they were untouchable.

15. [f] Sophia [m] hobohodo & [m] Ty4on

• Ty4on is particularly defensive regarding votes placed on him.
  • Ty4on was 1 of the 2 players who distanced themselves from the Czar/Never lynch at the very end of D1 by placing a vote on cabot.
  • Ty4on was a particular defender of Blawl's Miller claim.
  • Ty4on tends to ask pointless questions.
  • Hobohodo claims to either vote for what the majority finds to be viable, or not vote at all. (well, not exactly, but it is actually the essence of the excuse he gave as to why he didn't vote on D2).
  • Leaning Mafia.

FluxWaveZ

VOTE: Ty4on

Don't know if I'll be here before the deadline, so I hope everything goes well. My two top targets for the D3 lynch would be:

15. [m] hobohodo & [m] Ty4on
7. [m] Coppanuva & [m] Flame_AC

I just want to throw this question out there now, in case for some reason I'm not back before the deadline.

Over the course of D3 a lot of us have been posting read lists.

One team has consistently shown up on the Mafia/Neutral zone in each persons lists however they have virtually no votes on them at the moment.

To put things simply, I would love for everyone to explain their reasoning behind why they're not voting to lynch Flame_AC & Coppanova.

Karkador

Banned
I just want to throw this question out there now, in case for some reason I'm not back before the deadline.

Over the course of D3 a lot of us have been posting read lists.

One team has consistently shown up on the Mafia/Neutral zone in each persons lists however they have virtually no votes on them at the moment.

To put things simply, I would love for everyone to explain their reasoning behind why they're not voting to lynch Flame_AC & Coppanova.

Not enough of a case against them yet. The most incriminating thing I have on them is the odd voting behavior from D2.

Retroid

Not enough of a case against them yet. The most incriminating thing I have on them is the odd voting behavior from D2.

I'd like to add that for me, Flame's behaviour since day one has changed. His hostility towards others has gone away in my view.

That being said, I think they are actually a pretty good candidate for today, had it not been for Dusk Soldier's recent actions which is why I am going to throw my vote on them.

Vote: Dusk Soldier

CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

Karu & Dusk Soldier (6)
FluxWaveZ .3038 .3157
Flame_AC .3227 .3267
Zippedpinhead .3240
Karkador .3242
Flame_AC .3267
Kyanrute .3283
UltraJay .3299
Retroid .3307

FluxWaveZ & Timeaisis (5)
LaunchpadMcQ .3031
UltraJay .3036 .3299
Gorlak .3043
Boo Boo'n .3138
Zippedpinhead .3185 .3240
Karkador .3187 .3242
Camjo-Z .3188
TL21xx .3220

Hobohodo & Ty4on (2)
Zippedpinhead .3004 .3010
Gorlak .3009 .3043
TL21xx .3051 .3052
FluxWaveZ .3157 .3290
kingkitty .3229
FluxWaveZ .3303

batsnacks & MagnumBoy20xx (1)
Giant Panda .3084

Karkador & Zippedpinhead (1)
FluxWaveZ .2888 .2961
UltraJay .2897 .3036
Timeaisis .3040

Gorlak & LaunchpadMcQ (1)
Boo Boo'n .2896 .2902
Ty4on .3291

Coppanuva & Flame_AC (1)
batsnacks .3295

El Topo & Giant Panda (0)
Ty4on .2887 .3206

No active vote for Day 3:
Coppanuva
Dusk Soldier
El Topo
Hobohodo
Hyperactivity
Karu
MagnumBoy20xx

Day 3 ends:
red_1457028000.png

13 votes for majority

Karu

A Kark-Vote today is nonsensical in my eyes, so yes, I disagree with my partner here.

But in that same way... do "we" then assume that scum communication is so bad that they would let him run away with a Vote like that?

Will look into Coppa&Flame (and further pair-reads) in a bit and come back.

Ty4on

Zipped, friend, I'm gonna have to go with this for now.

VOTE: UltraJay

Let's see what the final hours bring.
Assuming you're town
You know scum 1 targeted Cabinter
You know scum 2 targeted you guys
You know scum 3 is dead
You know 3 scum in a 15 player game is standard
UltraJay/BooBoo'n haven't been the towniest of townies, I agree, but isn't it a bit of a stretch to assume they are the fourth scum? I feel if anyone can be ignored for now it's them.

Ourobolus

Banned
Current Votes:

el topo & giant panda (0)
ty4on

karkador & zippedpinhead (1)
fluxwavez
ultrajay
timeaisis

launchpadmcq & gorlak (1)
boo boo'n
ty4on

hobohodo & ty4on (2)
zippedpinhead
gorlak
tl21xx
fluxwavez
kingkitty
fluxwavez

timeaisis & fluxwavez (5)
gorlak
launchpadmcq
ultrajay
boo boo'n
zippedpinhead
karkador
camjo-z
tl21xx

dusk soldier & karu (5)
fluxwavez
flame_ac
kyanrute
retroid
flame_ac
zippedpinhead
karkador
ultrajay

magnumboy20xx & batsnacks (1)
giant panda

coppanuva & flame_ac (1)
batsnacks

ultrajay & boo boo'n (1)
karkador

13 votes needed for majority.

red_1457028000.png

Hm. I'll be at work when day ends, I'll try to post the summary relatively quickly when it happens.

El Topo

Does it really seem plausible that scum would do (at the very least) one risky role-claim on D1 if they have only 3 members?

Karkador

Banned
Assuming you're town
You know scum 3 is dead
UltraJay/BooBoo'n haven't been the towniest of townies, I agree, but isn't it a bit of a stretch to assume they are the fourth scum? I feel if anyone can be ignored for now it's them.

3 seems low for this particular game

No worries, I'll trust you do the right thing. I'm not sure if third times a charm though.

Personally, in going to let the dogpile happen and throw in from there.

8 scum in a 30 perslon game, 4 scum in a 15 person game? A recruitable? I have to think on it

Ty4on

Mhm by the way... no night kill... is it possible that was a hidden scum player?

I've thought about it (explains Flux' D1 shenanigans), but I'm 90% certain that would be in Blawl's role PM.

Not sure if Burb could confirm it. That was the case in Night Vale's scum PM:

Ty4on

3 seems low for this particular game

How many did Woof 2 have? I'm thinking of this game as a 15 player game and 4 seems like the standard for 20-22 player games.

Either way JayBoo could only be scum if there are three remaining, one of them used no power last night and you were lucky enough to target that one scum team.

VOTE: Gorlak

For me it's an overall feeling that you don't care about town. Your opinions went from hard on Blawl to doubting everything to voting a third party to turboing Blawl. Doubting is townie, but I want the reasons.
For whatever reason Launch said he asked for the turbo while Gorlak seems to think was the person asking.

My partner has had a tough time getting to the chat the past day or so (well, yesterday for me too). He won't be around for day end, it seems.

To be honest, I thought that Gorlak turbo'd when I asked because my post was like 3 mins before he did it, but he never confirmed he would do it before actually hammering. I think I mentioned something similar to that previously, but I just want to clarify. Gorlak's presence of late has been significantly less than what it was last week, so I guess excuse him from seeming detached.

Assuming you're town
You know scum 3 is dead

I agree with Kark that assuming it's just 3 is not a good move (and I'm not making that mistake again). However, UltraBoo, in my eyes, is a bit of a nonstarter for today. You cleared them of action in the night phase.

Consider for a moment the thought process of mafia. You have to carry out a kill every night in order to win; that's common sense. However, how you choose who carries out the kill is based on who has an ability that mafia would like used during the night phase; example, if Blawl was the tracker, they would have him tracking every night and have someone else carrying out the kills. Early on into the game, seeing as how the majority of the mafia are probably still alive, it's really hard to believe that mafia would waste any single night action. So, if UltraBoo were mafia, your tracking confirms their ability is either nonexistent or passive - either one raising the question of why they are not carrying out the kills.

I move UltraBoo should be taken off the table for today.

RE: The actual count of mafia, I still contend that there may be a mixed pair - a pair where one is mafia and the partner is town but doesn't know it. I'm not sure how he/she would be outfitted in terms of actions, but it'd be a fun thing to do. I've heard bears like fun.

Karkador

Banned
I'm not sure how you've determined hard facts about how many did or did not use their powers.

As for this game, 6 mafia voices+ votes vs. 24 town voices+votes seems like a difficult uphill battle.

I'm not sure how you've determined hard facts about how many did or did not use their powers.

As for this game, 6 mafia voices+ votes vs. 24 town voices+votes seems like a difficult uphill battle.

I don't have hard evidence, but come on, it seems like a given. Judging by the game, I am expecting nothing crazy like "once per game you can kill every townie" type abilities. They are probably mostly information gathering roles

Ok, I'll stop assuming shit, but I'm not feeling UltraBoo for a looser version of that logic - I don't expect you'll track a mafia and not see anything. I rather work on the behavior evidence we have from our dear friend Flux

Ty4on

RE: The actual count of mafia, I still contend that there may be a mixed pair - a pair where one is mafia and the partner is town but doesn't know it. I'm not sure how he/she would be outfitted in terms of actions, but it'd be a fun thing to do. I've heard bears like fun.

I've thought about it, but I think it would be against the rules:
Sample Role PM said:
You and your pair's shared role is Ordinary Pair of Lovers. You are Aligned with LOVE (That means TOWN).
Could Burb confirm if the "you" in the last sentence is plural?

Ty4on

To be honest, I thought that Gorlak turbo'd when I asked because my post was like 3 mins before he did it, but he never confirmed he would do it before actually hammering. I think I mentioned something similar to that previously, but I just want to clarify. Gorlak's presence of late has been significantly less than what it was last week, so I guess excuse him from seeming detached.

How did you ask him? In the boat chat or by voting for Blawl yourself?

Karkador

Banned
A mixed scum/town role is a thought I was entertaining, but its problematic for both players. It was the major controversy in Animal Crossing.

A mixed scum/town role is a thought I was entertaining, but its problematic for both players. It was the major controversy in Animal Crossing.

The difference here being that in that game, it was a concept brought up by the placement of two specific players; in this game, it's just a thought with no evidence or any real reason to think it's true.

sorry Kark, but that one was your fault :p

UltraJay

I'm not certain what we can do to be more helpful. Both me and Boo have voiced our opinions on who we have our suspicions on. I'll let Boo weigh in as well, but we may have a split vote today as well because I don't think Boo was around for the day end last time and he may not be here this time either. My biggest suspicions lie with Dusk Soldier right now but I will switch back to Flux if I have to. I need to sleep so I won't be here for the very end of the day most likely.

We confirmed we didn't do anything. What would be best is for us to nab another scum to get us further away from LiLo. After that? Fine, lynch us if you feel that is necessary. We're expendable and it is unlikely for mafia to kill us when we are ordinary and are always so close to being lynched.

Kark. I didn't expect this after I started to town-read you. Ever since we've come under fire Day 1 on I've expected scum to lead the lynch on us. They don't want to waste abilities on us (our chat isn't used much), and they don't want to waste a night kill on us. They want to lynch us.

Would some good info pop up after we flip Ordinary Town? We haven't had many meaningful interactions with anyone.

I think your priorities should lie with the one who somehow still thinks your scum after everything else has happened: Dusk Soldier.

Or Flux. I'm not exactly certain he'll turn up scum though.

Ty4on

Also:
Scum has one big scum chat, no separate lover chats.

However, the scum chat has been given reasonable information about how lover chats function.

This was brought up in the pregame.

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=194590557&postcount=1135

(Yes you can trust Sorian)
Seems to hint that there are no scums in lover chats.

Coppanuva

Ok, I'll stop assuming shit, but I'm not feeling UltraBoo for a looser version of that logic - I don't expect you'll track a mafia and not see anything. I rather work on the behavior evidence we have from our dear friend Flux

This is where I disagree with your logic. Kark and Zipped did hint at their logic for the next tracking target yesterday, if I recall correctly. Who's to say a mafia member didn't elect not to use their powers out of fear it might out them (they could piece together the hints)? Yes it might not put them immediately towards their win goal, but it's possibly a smarter long term play. I'm not saying it's enough for me to lynch them right now, but it is something to consider as the game goes on, and it's certainly not a case of them being confirmed town in my eyes.

Coppanuva

Also where's MagnumBoy been batsnacks? He hasn't posted here since the 28th, I had questions for him (well really, I'd just like him to participate more).

Karu

Eh... don't think so. Maybe a bit too crazy, and if you open that box you are actively encouraging for pairs to tear themselves apart with suspicion and doubt. If I think about it for a second, I actually don't like this at all.

Karkador

Banned
I don't mind the Flux vote, either, but I was surprised that so much shade at been thrown at Boo (and Zipped and I have had so many suspicions about them), and not a single vote.

Ty4on

What I do feel uneasy about is Karu and Dusk Soldier. Are we piling on because of low activity and bad reasoning?

I'm leaning on the latter.
Would you all hate me if I posted a fairly light post with 14 quotes or do I have to trim it down?

El Topo

I've said it again and again, the most reasonable lynch today is arguably TimeFlux. They've lied, played blatantly anti-town and even today wrote some utter nonsense/untruth.

VOTE: FluxWaveZ

Ty4on

Karu's reaction to Blawl's claim.

00:16
Blarg claims Miller/Tracker

00:41
#369:
Hello, fellow lovers...

*looks around*

Uh oh.
00:52
#375:
What's the word on the streets? Three mafia pairs?

01:01
#378:
There's been other things going on, honey.
i didn't notice, thanks! =)

Cop Claim - I want to here from Tim.
Miller Claim - Okay.

Feel like this being a scum play would be way too easy to blow up on first sight. Eh...
If Karu is scum he seems completely detached to what they are doing. After Blawl's claim I imagine scum would try to fake an opinion of it. Not ask how many scum members we think there are...
This is easy to fake, but it seems like an odd thing to fake.

----------
Rest's opinion of the claims D1:
04:20
#454:
I'm strongly against role claims, they don't help town, especially if they're just random like this one was. He claims his partner didn't want him to? Why expose themselves, especially if there wasn't consensus on the team? I can't imagine how this could benefit them. The only conclusion that I can come to is that this was done to breed confusion, which is anti Town. I called for a policy lynch on this lunatical role claim, and I really think it should be that: POLICY. I feel strongly that town should get rid of role claimers unless the person claims near the end of a day period under pressure.

As for Blag and kawl, I don't know what to make of it. They say they were going to claim right at the start, that it was planned? That doesn't make much sense to me. Though there is some history to it, I think Blag claimed early his last game, and if I'm not mistaken the one before that.

One thing I do know is that Blag is smarter than he lets himself seem; he's mastered the art of looking like a fool while actually functioning at a higher level. They say it was planned? I think I believe it, but not knowing what their plan is I don't find any benefit to Town in doing it. I'd wait until tomorrow to lynch Blarg and kawl, because Flux claimed first and, as I said, Blag is entertaining. Maybe in that time they can make their own claim make sense and save themselves.
In a vacuum this reads like town to me. Distancing yourself from Blawl is probably a good idea as scum, but he seems quite set on lynching them down the line.

----------
D2
Pre Kark claim Karu threw some shade at Blawl. Kawl responds and it doesn't read like scum-scum communication to me. Not a strong read though.

After the claim things got weird. Karu had already thrown some shade at them so perfect time to bus them. Except...
Have to read most of what came after Blarg's two mega posts (exhausting!), but I'll place my vote on Kark. I'm of the believe that we should lynch one of the two, I agree with Blargs assessment of KarkZipped's reactioness behaviour. I don't agree with Blarg's assessment of flux as an alternative right now - it seems like the very thing he accused KarkZipped earlier in his post (I might miss remarks reagarding this from the outline - which quite frankly doesn't sit well with me. There had to be a way to not bloat your points up to a degree where reconstructing and remembering your shit is a pain - possible summarys are eh because possibly reductive of what you actually said).

VOTE: Karkador
He had been set on voting Kark for some time and never really doubted that vote. He was also against the idea that they could both be town.

Dusk is very weird. It should have been just one simple reason to bus Blawl or maybe a token vote on Kark, but no he votes for Coppa-Flame instead...
He throws some shade at Blarg so there is another opportunity to bus that's never taken. The misunderstanding of the role is weird, but I don't wanna read too much into that. Scum can also be clueless though there's less of a chance.
This here actually looks townie. I agree Flame and Coppa were suspicious. If it is an attempt to shift votes onto them then I don't get it because I doubt it would go anywhere.
Finally Dusk votes for Splinter.

This all just reads like the misguided townie we always lynch on D1 or DDowntime. If they were scum there were so many obvious things they could have done on D2 to stay out of trouble. Scum choosing to kill Cabinter (unless we believe in a switcher) is also a weird decision if one of their teams had zero votes on Blawl and put a bandwagon vote on Cabinter.

Top Bottom