• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Live! School Idol Festival |OT2| Despair comes in a pink envelope

Articalys

So has anyone else tried to hoard too much in their club member list and had to use a gem to get more space? Because that's the dilemma I'm facing now.

tenton

As expected, the EX note charts were pre-loaded with the event update but won't be playable until Friday. Because heavens forbid they broke their normal schedule just to make them playable at the start of the event.

After School NAVIGATORS: Oct. 16 - Nov. 5
Music S.T.A.R.T!!: Oct. 16 - Oct. 25
sweet&sweet holiday: Oct. 21 - Oct. 31
Binetsu Kara Mystery: Oct. 26 - Nov. 5

KLabs SG has shown an incredible ability to not understand the WHY things were done in the Japanese version of the game and are sticking to the WHEN.

I wonder if this event date speed up has something to do with the desire to catch up with the JP codebase, so they can fix all the problems they fucked up with the last update.

So has anyone else tried to hoard too much in their club member list and had to use a gem to get more space? Because that's the dilemma I'm facing now.

I did it a long time ago and keep doing it. Just do it and get ready to do it again in the future. :p

GoXDS

what I do is just leave 2 slots open. when playing song, the 2 Lvl ones get added while the high lvl one gets sent to present box. I then sell the lvl 1s. I must have over 300 on the box atm... I have to admit, though, scrolling to the bottom to collect them before they expire can be a pain

unless you're hoarding a copy of everything... I'm only keeping SR+ and the rest are R/high lvl N used to feed

Articalys

what I do is just leave 2 slots open. when playing song, the 2 Lvl ones get added while the high lvl one gets sent to present box. I then sell the lvl 1s. I must have over 300 on the box atm... I have to admit, though, scrolling to the bottom to collect them before they expire can be a pain

unless you're hoarding a copy of everything... I'm only keeping SR+ and the rest are R/high lvl N used to feed
I always intended to keep one of any non-N card, but I've also decided to hang onto some Normals where I really like the card art. Though I'm also trying to avoid having to feed Ns to each other to clear out space instead of using them to level R/SRs, even though all the exp is still being fully used somewhere. That and I hate having to clear out an empty space in the list after every song.

Labrys

How do you level up a characters skill? I have them at max level and bond, does it need to be idolized?

Feed a card a card with the same skill (not same character), or use a skill up R/SR/UR from the blue coupon box.

Rs and Promo URs share skills but SRs and URs have unique ones and will either need a copy or the skill up cards.

GoXDS

I always intended to keep one of any non-N card, but I've also decided to hang onto some Normals where I really like the card art. Though I'm also trying to avoid having to feed Ns to each other to clear out space instead of using them to level R/SRs, even though all the exp is still being fully used somewhere. That and I hate having to clear out an empty space in the list after every song.

yup. dilemmas. I decided to just go with dealing with the hassle since I can always see the cards I want in the Album anyways. I'm not using them either. at some pt I may use the Promo SR, too like Movie Promo SR Umi. has Rhythmical Charm so I'll probably feed to Promo UR Maki in December.

if Promo SR count at all towards the Shop feature that's currently in JP though, I might just wait till then

Articalys

yup. dilemmas. I decided to just go with dealing with the hassle since I can always see the cards I want in the Album anyways. I'm not using them either. at some pt I may use the Promo SR, too like Movie Promo SR Umi. has Rhythmical Charm so I'll probably feed to Promo UR Maki in December.

if Promo SR count at all towards the Shop feature that's currently in JP though, I might just wait till then
Yeah, I know I can just look at anything I once had in the card album, though I think part of me just ever so slightly regrets never using any of the Normals as main team centers (if only to see their dialogue), and I also just want a bit of variety in the club member list rather than just the same nine μ's girls over and over. Though farther down the line when I have excess free space and a major surplus of FP, I can always try to get back anything I miss.

Azuran

Banned
Rangers shouldn't have blew it twice. Never forget 2011. Stopped watching them religiously since then.

I'm sorry about earlier tonight
but not by much :D

That Maki nendo... Will my wallet be ready for this...

Even if it isn't

giphy.gif

Articalys

Huh, looks like they added the Aquors 1st single to the B-sides songs on the JP version of the game.
Apparently it's a limited-time thing through the end of November.
https://twitter.com/happiness_83025/status/654552978901237760
And cam footage playthrough of the song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itOvcLRZn1o

Same person also got cam footage of the new μ's single "HEART to HEART!" ingame:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iz6IJB9UiiY
And if you just want the game-length version of the song without all the SFX, somebody recorded it from the new title screen:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJRqbNIlTh8

JoeFu

Banned
Dang, they're really pushing Aqours.

I'm starting to like the song though, and maybe just maybe the sunshine girls will grow on me.

Heart to Heart is good, but the cover art is even better! Can't wait til new subunit songs.

fek

Heart to Heart is great!

Dang, they're really pushing Aqours.

I'm starting to like the song though, and maybe just maybe the sunshine girls will grow on me.
I'm still not really digging the songs very much but Ruby's birthday is on the same day as mine and listening to the introductions Hanamaru is a really good girl, so they are starting to grow on me

Kikirin

I'm still not really digging the songs very much but Ruby's birthday is on the same day as mine and listening to the introductions Hanamaru is a really good girl, so they are starting to grow on me

Oho, you have an Aqours twin, too? I also have a twin in the unlucky fallen angel Yoshiko Johannes / Yohane.

Sayara

Neo Member
good one

also how are people's teams now in game? I've been pretty lucky recently
(although some luck may have taken a biiiit of cash....)

I somehow have 4 URs on my Pure JP team haha, so crazy.
also love the fact no Maki on any of my teams in JP

This is what i got for my JP teams.
CRYyzJyUsAATQQh.png:large

Cool favored i guess.

CoinArt

EN, historically my primary account:

CfVDOgq.png

JP, historically my secondary, only just now through its backlog of normies and Rs to grind up:

l1kGmBX.png

CoinArt

Putting them all in one place like that has led me to realize that I've done a pretty good job of using my preferred Love Lives, despite choosing my teams solely by their strength + bond. Luck + special recruitment boxes, a powerful combination. Well, and in JP leveling the best girls preferentially.

JoeFu

Banned
There is literally no reason to play EN except for story segments. JP has more everything and loveca is cheaper too.

CoinArt

There is literally no reason to play EN except for story segments. JP has more everything and loveca is cheaper too.

I played EN over JP because it was my first account, and all of its content was new to me. Now that I've been playing JP for over a year, though, this is true, and I mostly do JP.

JoeFu

Banned
Yeah I forgot to qualify that with now. There really is no reason now to play EN, except for story segments. But that's a good reason because I love those.

Articalys

Of course, you mean only for people with active accounts in both regions, right? Because for me, even with the halved exp to get to level 100, starting from scratch on JP it would still take me 3-4 months to catch up to where I am now content-wise, plus having to build up competent teams again (all SRs or above) from nothing.

JoeFu

Banned
I dunno. I guess now that EN has coupons and guaranteed SRs during events the gap isn't as wide. I was close to level 60 or so when I stared JP i think and I surpassed everything I had in EN in a month or so. Doesn't hurt to have two versions of the game to play though.

If I was to start from scratch I'd go JP all day every day

Azuran

Banned

Honestly I'm starting to see this too. I'm having way more fun with my JPN game because it's easier to get better teams and you're not stuck playing the same songs over and over again because leveling up doesn't take 10 million years.

I would drop the EN version if I didn't have so many loveca saved up but knowing my luck. that won't matter because I know I'll get garbage and then I'll be stuck with crappy teams for the next 2-3 months.

I started both around the same time and EN just feel pointless and stagnant when playing at the same time as JPN.

Articalys

Yeah, for me it's more about the available playable content and less about the more minor features (especially anything to do with gatcha, because to hell with gatcha luck). Right now I'm running a bunch of math to see, if I start JP now (but keep playing EN also), how long it would take before I could (a) catch up in JP to where I am right now in EN and (b) how long it would take to start unlocking songs in JP that aren't available in EN yet.

CoinArt

Yeah, for me it's more about the available playable content and less about the more minor features (especially anything to do with gatcha, because to hell with gatcha luck). Right now I'm running a bunch of math to see, if I start JP now (but keep playing EN also), how long it would take before I could (a) catch up in JP to where I am right now in EN and (b) how long it would take to start unlocking songs in JP that aren't available in EN yet.

Some of the differences require no catching up.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
If you are serious about playing multiple accounts then I would say that the TW version is the best because it's easier to get the 2nd SR in each event, and it "feels" like the gatcha is juiced to give you more URs. The EN version lets you actually read the stories. The JP version basically gives you enough loveca to do a free draw a month.

The only real problem with starting now is just the hump where you "waste" stamina whenever you are asleep because you can't store 100 LP... but if you don't care about anything other than getting the first SR, then it's not a big deal.

Articalys

Some of the differences require no catching up.
I did not know things had changed that drastically on JP. Reading up on things, the JP version had the same lackluster EX scheduling as EN does now until January this year, when the first big change hit so that, by late February/early March, they had a constant 6 or 7 EX songs active at all times. Then the recent update one month ago means things are on the way to a constant 12 or 13 at all times.
Not counting the Super Hard EX songs since everyone has all of those (or at least EN will just after this weekend).
If you are serious about playing multiple accounts then I would say that the TW version is the best because it's easier to get the 2nd SR in each event, and it "feels" like the gatcha is juiced to give you more URs. The EN version lets you actually read the stories. The JP version basically gives you enough loveca to do a free draw a month.

The only real problem with starting now is just the hump where you "waste" stamina whenever you are asleep because you can't store 100 LP... but if you don't care about anything other than getting the first SR, then it's not a big deal.
I can't really find any info about the TW version anywhere; isn't it feature/content parity with the EN version anyway?

Also is this site from the OP (http://platinumdis.co/lovelive) still reliable for the JP .apk?

JoeFu

Banned
Do you mean the green tickets? They are event rewards. If you mean the blue ones then every 20 levels and when you fill out ghe scouting bar.

Just saw the movie and i love it. Just two things

1-
Became a bigger fan of Rin she was so much cuter and adorable then in the normal series in the movie

2-
Needed more Nozomi scenes

Overall i love it

Articalys

I made a bunch of charts in Excel (seriously) and concluded that sadly it makes no sense to jump ship from EN to JP at this point for me; it would end up taking a little more than four months to start unlocking new songs for regular play that wouldn't be in the EN version by that time, and that's assuming perfectly efficient play at all times, which of course is impossible at lower LP levels overnight (and being at work during much of the day). Haven't bothered to fully account the time gained from token songs, though a quick calculation indicates around 3-4 days shaved off for each token event. Again, assuming you use every LP possible.

Even if I were to only start it for the expanded EX song pool, it would take a while to build up a respectable team and get emough max LP to play more than one song every couple hours. Are the C score rank limits even low enough on EX songs for a complete starter team to pass?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I made a bunch of charts in Excel (seriously) and concluded that sadly it makes no sense to jump ship from EN to JP at this point for me; it would end up taking a little more than four months to start unlocking new songs for regular play that wouldn't be in the EN version by that time, and that's assuming perfectly efficient play at all times, which of course is impossible at lower LP levels overnight (and being at work during much of the day). Haven't bothered to fully account the time gained from token songs, though a quick calculation indicates around 3-4 days shaved off for each token event. Again, assuming you use every LP possible.

Even if I were to only start it for the expanded EX song pool, it would take a while to build up a respectable team and get emough max LP to play more than one song every couple hours. Are the C score rank limits even low enough on EX songs for a complete starter team to pass?
IIRC if you score below C, you pass the song but only get half the XP.

I can't really find any info about the TW version anywhere; isn't it feature/content parity with the EN version anyway?

Also is this site from the OP (http://platinumdis.co/lovelive) still reliable for the JP .apk?
Yeah, that apk is usually updated. It takes a day to update after the new one comes out though.

As for the TW version, yes, it's on par with the EN version except there are fewer players and the tiers for ranking are more generous. Also, they seemed to halved XP gains for all levels, since it is now my highest ranking account despite the fact that I started it last (level 186). And I do feel like it's more generous with the RNG - I have all the normals and still have 260k friend points for example.

Articalys

If it's not going to unlock more songs for me, though, it's personally not worth the extra time -- I'm not the kind of person who needs all the idolized event SRs, especially in a language I don't understand. Odd that they would tweak the RNG percentages for that version only, unless they're really desperate to attract new players to it.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
If it's not going to unlock more songs for me, though, it's personally not worth the extra time -- I'm not the kind of person who needs all the idolized event SRs, especially in a language I don't understand. Odd that they would tweak the RNG percentages for that version only, unless they're really desperate to attract new players to it.
When the TW version launched, they gave a 10 percent bonus back on any loveca you spent. It was kind of crazy. lol

The bonus with starting a new version now is that you'll be drowning in loveca because of all the normals in the pool now.

Articalys

That's true about the idolizing the Normal cards to get more LS early on, but you'd also need to grind for the FP to scout most of them first.

------------------------

Anyway, I've been playing like total garbage for this event so far. Stupid song has that 13-note run right in the middle that keeps me from getting anything higher than a B combo, and I've probably wasted around a day's worth of LP due to other mishaps and mistakes. Still on track to pick up the SR, but I'll probably barely make it to the 13,000 EP reward overall.

Top Bottom