• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Live! School Idol Festival |OT2| Despair comes in a pink envelope

elhaym

For people still playing the game, what do you consider yourself to be? Super casual player who only picks it up every now and then when you're bored? Someone who ignores the game until it's event time for your waifu? Hardcore whale who buys gems by the truckload? Or something in-between?

Casual whale, actually. >.> Unless it's a card I really want, I've basically fallen off the event train and play infrequently. No problems dropping money on gems, usually at least. I'll USUALLY drop one 11 pull after each event (EN, JP much less frequently, maybe more if it's a BiBi box for the 2/3rds chance...), unless it's a Nico UR week.

also how are people's teams now in game? I've been pretty lucky recently
iPad account - JP:
hm7MQms.png
iPad account - EN:

iPhone account - JP:
iPhone account - EN:

(wtf why are my EN things so not aligned right? Man I suck at this.)
(Also not putting up my Android accounts, because those are lulz lame.)

JoeFu

Banned
Casual whale, actually. >.> Unless it's a card I really one, I've basically fallen off the event train and play infrequently. No problems dropping money on gems, usually at least. I'll USUALLY drop one 11 pull after each event (EN, JP much less frequently, maybe more if it's a BiBi box for the 2/3rds chance...), unless it's a Nico UR week.

I'm in the same boat as you. I barely play, and when I do play events I usually get the normal and whatever loveca I can get. Still don't mind dropping some money for draws. I have no idea why this game has such a strong grip on me haha. Maybe I love μ's too much, but am ashamed of buying physical goods. Easier to hide digital things haha.

Articalys

also how are people's teams now in game?
Too lazy to bother with screenshots. Since the only thing that really matters is the strength:

Smile team: 38600 (3 idolized R, 6 unidolized SR)
Pure team: 37980 (4 idolized R, 5 unidolized SR)
Cool team: 40160 (2 promo UR, 5 unidolized SR, 2 idolized SR)

JoeFu

Banned
Too lazy to bother with screenshots. Since the only thing that really matters is the strength:

Smile team: 38600 (3 idolized R, 6 unidolized SR)
Pure team: 37980 (4 idolized R, 5 unidolized SR)
Cool team: 40160 (2 promo UR, 5 unidolized SR, 2 idolized SR)

but the cards are the reason most of us play this game

Articalys

ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

After the first 3 or 4 times I did honor scouting and only got more than one SR once (being a draw where I got a whopping TWO SRs) I realized it would be a far better use of LP to use them to tier in events and get guaranteed idolized cards than to rely on blind luck. This is the only stuff I ever pulled, the first five from honor scouting and the last one from (ugh) the five special blue tickets:

http://schoolido.lu/cards/99/
http://schoolido.lu/cards/194/
http://schoolido.lu/cards/213/
http://schoolido.lu/cards/271/
http://schoolido.lu/cards/295/
http://schoolido.lu/cards/55/

Articalys

Enjoy the weekend? Great! Now it's time for the next Token Event, and it's Rin Hoshizora's School Idol Diary story, Under the Starry Sky-nya!
(TL note: "Hoshizora" means "starry sky". Well played, KLab.)

Event STARTS: Tuesday, October 13, 9am UTC
Event ENDING: Thursday, October 22, 8am UTC

Still 9 days. Wonder if we're about to settle into this permanent pattern for a while...

Rin decides to dispense with all subtelty for her unique character gimmick and goes full Catgirl for the event SR, with an idolized max of 4700 Smile points and a note-based Score Up skill.
For the event normal, Yuka Tsukishima's Pure card ironically goes with a more risque interpretation of "catgirl".

The event song is Koi no Signal Rin rin rin!, Rin's B-side solo track from the Mermaid festa vol.2 ~Passionate~ album.

Labrys

I think I might drop my expectations from T1 to T2 for this, and aim for T1 on Baseball Rin later next year. With work it might be hard to keep up, unless I rush it.

But i am very excited, I can't wait to get the card.

JoeFu

Banned
I think I might drop my expectations from T1 to T2 for this, and aim for T1 on Baseball Rin later next year. With work it might be hard to keep up, unless I rush it.

But i am very excited, I can't wait to get the card.

But this has to be the worst Rin card in existence

chrono01

No standard EX song, just the spicy one? I'm not confident enough to reliably play on spicy just yet and I need to grind Rin event tokens. I guess it's back to 15LP songs for me until they add more. :(

CoinArt

No standard EX song, just the spicy one? I'm not confident enough to reliably play on spicy just yet and I need to grind Rin event tokens. I guess it's back to 15LP songs for me until they add more. :(

I don't plan on going further than the normie, but yeah, even so it's really annoying. A side effect of the weird event schedule, perhaps?

chrono01

I don't plan on going further than the normie, but yeah, even so it's really annoying. A side effect of the weird event schedule, perhaps?
Most likely. It's the first time [that I can remember] this happening, so the weird schedule probably has something to do with it. There's only a few more hours remaining on the single expert/spicy song, so they might add more then? Here's hoping!

chrono01

More reasons EN is poop
My main issue with EN is the note lag problem. It was still prevalent during last Score Match too. :/

I haven't played much lately, since I only play during events and when there's story content, but I'm really hoping they've fixed it by now. It's been going on now for two [maybe three?] events, and it's really frustrating.

Articalys

I've tried 4 of the Super Hard EX songs. Managed to pass two of them -- Nawatobi (which really has no business being in that tier) and something else, but the other two kicked my ass.

chrono01

It's time to get git gud chrono. You've played this game for over a year. You can do it!
I'll never be gud. :(

Honestly, I have no issue spending LP on something I might possibly fail [outside of events], but not when LP = tokens. It's just too risky.

I really should start practicing these when an event isn't ongoing, though.

Just downloaded the app for the first time. So happy to get a chance to play this ..
Got Akemi Kikuchi as my first card
. Are Nozomi cards hard to get?

Just downloaded the app for the first time. So happy to get a chance to play this ..

soon you will learn the despair that comes in search of spiritual power.:( unless the krab gods decide to bless you with a good pull. protip: reroll your account until you get a good starter card like a UR, i wish i knew that when i started.;.;

elhaym

I've tried 4 of the Super Hard EX songs. Managed to pass two of them -- Nawatobi (which really has no business being in that tier) and something else, but the other two kicked my ass.

I love Nawatobi EX.

"This is easy... this is easy.... this is easy, why the hell is it a hard EX? ... OH DEAR GOD WHAT'S GOING ON HELP"

Articalys

As expected, the EX note charts were pre-loaded with the event update but won't be playable until Friday. Because heavens forbid they broke their normal schedule just to make them playable at the start of the event.

After School NAVIGATORS: Oct. 16 - Nov. 5
Music S.T.A.R.T!!: Oct. 16 - Oct. 25
sweet&sweet holiday: Oct. 21 - Oct. 31
Binetsu Kara Mystery: Oct. 26 - Nov. 5

Labrys

It honestly depends on RNG. I'm rerolling a few ENG accounts right now, if i get a nozomi I'll shoot you a PM with the transfer code.

Top Bottom