• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Live! School Idol Festival |OT2| Despair comes in a pink envelope

Articalys

So the latest issue of G's Magazine has the duo/trio lineups, and they are as follows:

- Chika x Kanan
- Dia x Ruby
- You x Yoshiko
- Riko x Maru x Mari

Also there's some kind of vote to select a costume/team image for each combi, and the options are... pretty interesting.
201703021158407569.png
Vote here:
http://sunshine.dengeki.com/vote/nSlYti6HK3RF/
once a day through March 8.

GoXDS

Heh, nice. Congrats!

BTW, been meaning to ask. For UR that increase their type by a certain percentage of another type (for example, "Pure pts. up by 12% of Smile pts."), is it better to socket the team with stickers that increase their Smile pts. or just Pure? Trying to find out which would give me the better gain.

add a Pure Kiss. you gained 200 + 0.09(200) = 218 (more if we include secondary boost and even more with guest)
add Smile Kiss. you gained 0.12(200) = 24
You should be able to see the changes immediately from Team details (team score automatically includes center skill boost)

also, if you have an alternative UR with 9% on-attribute, it's basically almost always better

if you want to do more intensive team building or too lazy to compute yourself or want to save time in the future so you don't have to constantly recalculate when you get new cards: http://www.venus.dti.ne.jp/nobody.other/index.html

there is an option to change to English; however, the member names and skill names are still in Japanese

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I need more LP. I'm guessing the most efficient way to rank up is to just run Expert songs you can reliably clear?

E: Should I use stickers to idolize SR and SSR cards I get? I got a SR Poker Face Hanayo (looooooove) and was going to idolize her, but wasn't really sure if that's a good use of stickers.

GoXDS

I need more LP. I'm guessing the most efficient way to rank up is to just run Expert songs you can reliably clear?

E: Should I use stickers to idolize SR and SSR cards I get? I got a SR Poker Face Hanayo (looooooove) and was going to idolize her, but wasn't really sure if that's a good use of stickers.

things you can use N Stickers for:
1. buy BT
2. buy Teacher Supports
3. Idolization

so yes. it's fine to idolize using stickers and Magician Hanayo has a high Pure stat, too so she's ok. just note that it costs 10x more than using a copy to idolize. however, I do highly recommend buying Teacher Supports from the Seal shop. 60 for 4 of them every month. even if you don't have a UR Scorer now, save up for the future (don't use them on SRs, plz). as for BT (Blue Tickets), they're really expensive, considering you need 5 BT to do a BT pull so they're not a major priority

as for Ranking up quickly, yes. do Expert songs you can reliably clear. also, during events, just go for T2 (if you're still below Rank 100). you'll get to play more, you get more SRs and other rewards, and it'll be much cheaper in Love Gems usage to tier now than tier after 100

chrono01

add a Pure Kiss. you gained 200 + 0.09(200) = 218 (more if we include secondary boost and even more with guest)
add Smile Kiss. you gained 0.12(200) = 24
You should be able to see the changes immediately from Team details (team score automatically includes center skill boost)

also, if you have an alternative UR with 9% on-attribute, it's basically almost always better

if you want to do more intensive team building or too lazy to compute yourself or want to save time in the future so you don't have to constantly recalculate when you get new cards: http://www.venus.dti.ne.jp/nobody.other/index.html

there is an option to change to English; however, the member names and skill names are still in Japanese
Thanks man, I appreciate this!

Unfortunately all of my UR (well, Pure and Cool) are the types I listed above, so I guess I'll work with the stickers and see what provides me with the better stat gain.

FrankCanada97

Roughly the size of a baaaaaarge
Hello all, I've recently started playing this after a buddy recommended this as a good mobile rhythm game. The songs are pretty catchy even if I have no idea what the lyrics are saying. I have a few questions:

1. How many chapters are there in the story? I know there are lots of smaller side stories for the characters.

2. What level should I be before I aim to rank high enough for SR card rewards during events?

3. How often are events run?

4. Is this game friendly for people who never spend real money?

Thanks for any help.

GoXDS

Hello all, I've recently started playing this after a buddy recommended this as a good mobile rhythm game. The songs are pretty catchy even if I have no idea what the lyrics are saying. I have a few questions:

1. How many chapters are there in the story? I know there are lots of smaller side stories for the characters.

2. What level should I be before I aim to rank high enough for SR card rewards during events?

3. How often are events run?

4. Is this game friendly for people who never spend real money?

Thanks for any help.
Decaf.kouhi.me and love live wikia are both good resources. The llsif subreddit also has a bunch of guides and other resources

1. Quite a number but you won't be catching up for a few months. Decaf should have the details for how many stories there are

2. Under rank 100, exp requirements are halved so you should probably start "tiering" immedialtely assuming you can do at least hard difficulty songs (recommend EX)

3. Events are twice a month ranging from 8-11 days with 5-7 days downtime. Events also never start or end on the weekend

4. Yes

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
things you can use N Stickers for:
1. buy BT
2. buy Teacher Supports
3. Idolization

so yes. it's fine to idolize using stickers and Magician Hanayo has a high Pure stat, too so she's ok. just note that it costs 10x more than using a copy to idolize. however, I do highly recommend buying Teacher Supports from the Seal shop. 60 for 4 of them every month. even if you don't have a UR Scorer now, save up for the future (don't use them on SRs, plz). as for BT (Blue Tickets), they're really expensive, considering you need 5 BT to do a BT pull so they're not a major priority

as for Ranking up quickly, yes. do Expert songs you can reliably clear. also, during events, just go for T2 (if you're still below Rank 100). you'll get to play more, you get more SRs and other rewards, and it'll be much cheaper in Love Gems usage to tier now than tier after 100

What do you mean T2? Event starts soon so I want to get on board.

Also, I am having a hard time resisting the two 10+1 packs. :|

GoXDS

in events, there's different tiers, depending on how you rank against other players. when we talk about tiering or T2, we mean spending extra love gems to reach Tier 2 (T2) or Tier 1 (T1) rewards. for reference, for event pt tiers, if you play everyday without losing any LP, you can reach T3 easy. T2 is where you get a 2nd copy of the ranking SR (so you can idolize the event SR without stickers).

to put it into perspective of if the 2nd copy of the SR is worth it, it'll cost you anywhere from net 2-7 gems? if you're under Rank 100, excluding the gems you would've gotten even if you didn't tier. if you tiered, assuming it costs 5 Gems, you can get 10 SRs for 50 gems compared to scouting for random chance (average of ~1.5)

so it's a very stable way to get a full idolized SR team faster, get higher rank much quicker, and worst case, selling the event SRs for SR stickers is still worth it

EDIT: *throws in guide to Challenge Festival for all the new people* https://www.reddit.com/r/SchoolIdol...ormation_the_challenge_festival_master_guide/

GoXDS

the issue is Princess Charm was deleted from the database. so seeing that skill at all will crash you. if you don't have to see it, you won't crash, so you can still play. just avoid any teams that you have that equipped on

chrono01

the issue is Princess Charm was deleted from the database. so seeing that skill at all will crash you. if you don't have to see it, you won't crash, so you can still play. just avoid any teams that you have that equipped on
Wow, how'd that happen? Oops!

W-00

Hmm, I don't have a favourite character yet. How did you all decide who your favourite was?

By getting to know the characters via the anime, in-game stories, what they say as your partner, and what they say during gameplay.

For example: Hanayo was originally my favorite because she likes to draw and I like to draw. But then I found out that some of her cards cry out, "Dareka, tasukete!" ("Someone, save me!") during gameplay, and I just can't enjoy that at all, so I will never pull specifically for her again. Now my favorite μ's is Nozomi, because she's always happy and playful in her interactions with the player.

Hmm, I don't have a favourite character yet. How did you all decide who your favourite was?

Go to Akihabara with no idea about LL
pick a random Ufo Catcher
get a LoveLive character figurine
tell yourself it was destiny

You have a new favourite character (and a figurine), maybe a little bit expensive.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
One reason to save them is because they introduced a "guaranteed SSR" thing in JP, but it costs 30+40+50 gems to get (you have to do 3 draws, with the first two being discounted). But who knows when they'll introduce that to Global.

GoXDS

finally a Happy Party Train preview! while definitely not one of Aqours's best imo, I do think it's not a bad song at least. people were almost hyping it to be a trainwreck XD

as for 50 gems, when you're starting off you might want to just spend those 50 gems immediately. probably preferable when there's a featured set (for Aqours it's between events and for µ's it's from middle of event to end of event) since you're more likely yo get duplicated. this is so you can improve your teams faster. you don't need to do too many

after your team is off using Ns and maybe at earliest when you have half Rs and half SR+ (you can wait till more SRs first, too), then you have different options. as mentioned, discover your best girl and save for her featured URs. you don't even need a favorite girl and just scout for card art that you like (my friend is in this category). if you want to go perfectionist route, you could go for the strongest cards instead (this route is probably harder to do as a f2p). and lastly, as mentioned JP got improved birthday boxes which allow you to scout in them 3 times. 1st scout costs only 30 gems while 2nd costs 40 (so big discounts) and third one is guaranteed SSR+. that's (probably) a year away tho so just as a heads up

finally a Happy Party Train review! while definitely not one of Aqours's best imo, I do think it's not a bad song at least. people were almost hyping it to be a trainwreck XD

Yeah. Disappointingly, it's no Koi ni Naritai Aquarium. It's at least gonna look fun and the CG is as great as ever. But damn, do they need to bring back some of μ's A-List composers. Kawada Takao(No Brand Girls, Self Control) and Yamada Takahiro(Snow FREAKING Halation).

GoXDS

whales never sleep

it's a bunch of factors, really. but a popular girl will make the cutoffs higher in general. excluding the occasional bloodbath (other factors need to be involved), it doesn't make your chances smaller per se. technically the difficult stays the same. it's just a difference in cost. if you attempt to tier, you may tier. if you don't spend any gems, it's 0%

elhaym

So I got to see the very last evening LV showing in Los Angeles on Sunday.

Holy shit Guilty Kiss and Strawberry Trapper...

So I got to see the very last evening LV showing in Los Angeles on Sunday.

Holy shit Guilty Kiss and Strawberry Trapper...

Guilty kiss was too OP, the other subgroups should ask to nerf GK. the camera needed to pan to Aikyan more. Ainyaa rocked it tho.
Rikyako channeling her inner riko/umi/mimorin during the mc segement was lol cute. I hope we get more rock oriented Guilty kiss songs.:(

elhaym

Guilty kiss was too OP, the other subgroups should ask to nerf GK. the camera needed to pan to Aikyan more. Ainyaa rocked it tho.
Rikyako channeling her inner riko/umi/mimorin during the mc segement was lol cute. I hope we get more rock oriented Guilty kiss songs.:(

Literally never heard the LOOOOOOOOOCK OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON in the song until this performance, lol.

FrankCanada97

I was watching the first few of episodes of the anime and just wanted to lay out a few random thoughts:

Was that dance number at the end of ep. 1 part of Honoka's imagination or something? Otherwise, her enthusiasm for doing things just because you can almost borders on reckless. She literally decided to just start dancing in the middle of traffic.

Umi makes for a good straight laced character. I need someone sensible to balance out the other personalities in shows like this. Although, I wonder how she objects to wearing the performance costume when her school uniform has a skirt just as short.

I really hope that groping thing Nozomi did Maki was just a one off thing. Maki's reaction to that was nearly word for word the same as mine. It soured me on Nozomi a bit to be honest.

I don't have real thoughts on any of the other characters yet other than I liked Hanayo better with her glasses.

Pretty good series so far, I tend to like lighthearted easygoing shows like this. The negative thing I have to say about it is the difference between the normal animation and cgi is pretty jarring.

I was watching the first few of episodes of the anime and just wanted to lay out a few random thoughts:

Was that dance number at the end of ep. 1 part of Honoka's imagination or something? Otherwise, her enthusiasm for doing things just because you can almost borders on reckless. She literally decided to just start dancing in the middle of traffic.

I really hope that groping thing Nozomi did Maki was just a one off thing. Maki's reaction to that was nearly word for word the same as mine. It soured me on Nozomi a bit to be honest.

Think of it as a musical number or something :p

Um... Maybe you'll dislike Nozomi less when you get to S2...

Umi makes for a good straight laced character. I need someone sensible to balance out the other personalities in shows like this. Although, I wonder how she objects to wearing the performance costume when her school uniform has a skirt just as short.

I don't have real thoughts on any of the other characters yet other than I liked Hanayo better with her glasses.

Pretty good series so far, I tend to like lighthearted easygoing shows like this. The negative thing I have to say about it is the difference between the normal animation and cgi is pretty jarring.

Nozomi is awesome, while honoka is clearly the leader, Nozomi is kind of the mother of µ's, being supportive and nudging everyone along. she is also best girl, you will understand in season 2.

elhaym

lmao this is basically my entire review of the show too.

FrankCanada97

Just as I'm about to reach the event point milestone for the SR reward, my game has now started crashing after closing the notifications. On another note, I can't imagine the amount of effort it would take to rank in the top 5500.

Articalys

Just as I'm about to reach the event point milestone for the SR reward, my game has now started crashing after closing the notifications. On another note, I can't imagine the amount of effort it would take to rank in the top 5500.
If you have enough max LP, it's not that bad. I'm at 150 and it only took me about 10-12 love gems (wasn't really counting) worth of refilling it to play enough to get enough points. Just need to spread their use throughout the event.
Plus it means I get to play more often anyway, so it's a win-win.

fake edit: all my bitching about Nico means that of course the first μ's SSR I get is hers.

Top Bottom