• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Live! School Idol Festival |OT2| Despair comes in a pink envelope

Articalys

Umi Step-Up box is out on EN for her birthday.
30/40/50 gems for 11-pulls that are guaranteed SR, SR, and SSR.

Already got the bare minimum in my first one.

PK Gaming

I was watching the first few of episodes of the anime and just wanted to lay out a few random thoughts:

Was that dance number at the end of ep. 1 part of Honoka's imagination or something? Otherwise, her enthusiasm for doing things just because you can almost borders on reckless. She literally decided to just start dancing in the middle of traffic.

Umi makes for a good straight laced character. I need someone sensible to balance out the other personalities in shows like this. Although, I wonder how she objects to wearing the performance costume when her school uniform has a skirt just as short.

I really hope that groping thing Nozomi did Maki was just a one off thing. Maki's reaction to that was nearly word for word the same as mine. It soured me on Nozomi a bit to be honest.

I don't have real thoughts on any of the other characters yet other than I liked Hanayo better with her glasses.

Pretty good series so far, I tend to like lighthearted easygoing shows like this. The negative thing I have to say about it is the difference between the normal animation and cgi is pretty jarring.

Love Live is basically Japanese Glee.

Yep, classic Umi.

About that

Hanayo losing her glasses is legit a critical flaw for the show for me

Glad you're enjoying it. LL is so fun the first time you watch through it. I think you're going to have a very good time overall.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Umi Step-Up box is out on EN for her birthday.
30/40/50 gems for 11-pulls that are guaranteed SR, SR, and SSR.

Already got the bare minimum in my first one.
Did I miss that it was her birthday? lol

Edit - did all 3 steps in both JP and Global and got 2 SSRs. Yep. lol

Articalys

Final tally -- 2 unidolized Smile SRs, 1 idolized Smile SR, and the idolized SSR (and a new Pure R). For 120 gems, was it worth it? I don't know. The SRs aren't even in the upper tier of Umi Smile SRs. One of the unidolized ones is even the weakest.

FrankCanada97

Roughly the size of a baaaaaarge
My crashing appeared to have fixed itself, and I was just able to clear 25000 pts. Is every card that was ever released included in the pool of possible draws when you scout or do rotate between different sets every so often?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
My crashing appeared to have fixed itself, and I was just able to clear 25000 pts. Is every card that was ever released included in the pool of possible draws when you scout or do rotate between different sets every so often?
IIRC, for the "main" paid scouts, only cards from the last 6 months are in the box. For the limited scouts that feature specific sets/characters, it's all cards.

GoXDS

Boxes should also have an option to list all cards available. but what firehawk said is correct

@articalys *120 gems? small consolation?

m0t0k1

Happy birthday to umi!
tumblr_oeqwa5NAgQ1v8ljjro1_500.gif

Articalys

Neat, this is coincidentally the first R card I ever got idolized.

Are the promo UR's worth leveling up? They have the same stats as normal R cards.
As of verison 4.0, they're actually better than normal Rs, since the bond value gets added to the card's main attribute raw stat total and that new value gets used when calculating percentage boosts from School Idol Skills or center bonuses. That said, they're still worse than event SRs, but only marginally so. They can fill in a slot in a pinch and not be terrible at it.

I level them all up eventually because I'm a completionist, but it's definitely a low priority.

GoXDS

the newer Promo URs are actually a little stronger than the older Promo SRs. so they're ~average to above average idolized SRs at best. this is ofc assuming 2 slot SRs. a SR with 3 slots is just better

eventually you'll run out of stuff to lvl up anyways so might as well. however they should be kept low priority just because of how much of an exp sink they are

Articalys

So, there was a bunch of stuff on JP announced to celebrate the upcoming 4th anniversary of the game next month. I doubt EN will get much of it, but there are some things to keep in mind for the future.

https://lovelive.bushimo.jp/?p=7664
From the top:

- Special login bonuses for each of three periods: March 16 - March 31, April 1 - April 15, and April 16 - April 30. For the first period, log in for at least 9 days and you can get a total of 4 gems, 400,000 G, 40,000 friend points, an any-color SR skill teacher, a scouting ticket, and a blue ticket. Don't know if the rewards will change for the next two period, but we'll see.

- Aqours Halloween Costume Contest! Users can submit their Halloween costume ideas for the Aqours girls. They'll hand-pick the finalists, put them up for an in-game vote, and the winner's design will get made into an actual card in the game! You have to mail in your entries though.

- Master versions for the daily B-sides (Soldier Game, Beat in Angel, etc.) are on the way. Get ready to break your fingers.

- Daily login bonus will be updated. More details later.

- New set of Rs for Aqours with their Omoi yo Hitotsu ni Nare costumes coming soon.

- Two new event types will be announced on March 31.

Are you excited yet?

Yaari

I dont really play anymore but eh, when do you guys expect those 3D models to come around? I was hoping it was a 4th anniversary thing? Thoughts?

m0t0k1

I dont really play anymore but eh, when do you guys expect those 3D models to come around? I was hoping it was a 4th anniversary thing? Thoughts?

I am not expecting something on that department anytime soon. Especially since µ can't really voice anything new. Maybe they are going to do a port from that arcade game to mobile one day that is the most likely to happen but still low chance of happening. If you want 3d models for a 4th anniversary you should check out Idolm@ster Million Live mobile game they just announced. That seems to fit the bill.

Yaari

I am not expecting something on that department anytime soon. Especially since µ can't really voice anything new. Maybe they are going to do a port from that arcade game to mobile one day that is the most likely to happen but still low chance of happening. If you want 3d models for a 4th anniversary you should check out Idolm@ster Million Live mobile game they just announced. That seems to fit the bill.

Sadly I don't like the iM@s music much. I'm now starting to doubt if they really did tease some new project with 3D Models or if that was just a LL After School Activity trailer.. I can't find it anymore.

m0t0k1

Sadly I don't like the iM@s music much. I'm now starting to doubt if they really did tease some new project with 3D Models or if that was just a LL After School Activity trailer.. I can't find it anymore.

I can't understand that statement or you didn't listen to enough Im@s music and thought the first things you heard where the main music and didn't like it. It's like saying i don't like Nintendo games. Mainly because all they look at is Mario and Zelda and don't like it. But it's ok not everybody has time to invest in other franchises.

Million Live and Side M are produced by Lantis the same company that does the LLsif music and go for a way different sound then the main game or Cinderella Girls that are produced by Columbia.

But i can't remember any thing about 3d models in the llsif mobile game. Haven't read anything about it. Maybe you read something about the rumours for the arcade game because at the start people thought it might be a mobile game? Maybe some day they are going to do an updated Aqours game after the second season has aired? But that is just dreaming from me.

Yaari

I can't understand that statement or you didn't listen to enough Im@s music and thought the first things you heard where the main music and didn't like it. It's like saying i don't like Nintendo games. Mainly because all they look at is Mario and Zelda and don't like it. But it's ok not everybody has time to invest in other franchises.

Million Live and Side M are produced by Lantis the same company that does the LLsif music and go for a way different sound then the main game or Cinderella Girls that are produced by Columbia.

But i can't remember any thing about 3d models in the llsif mobile game. Haven't read anything about it. Maybe you read something about the rumours for the arcade game because at the start people thought it might be a mobile game? Maybe some day they are going to do an updated Aqours game after the second season has aired? But that is just dreaming from me.

I did not really listen to music other than playing Starlight Stage. I might not have given it enough of a chance, but based on that, it didnt really catch my interest. I'll try again later because I won't at the very least give it a try.

As for the thing I was talking about, I was starting to get very confused myself so I browsed through this thread and I think it was this post that caused it, but they never mentioned the mobile game so I dont know what it is going to be for.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=224290809&postcount=12902

I guess the question is, has "- new project with full μ's and Aqours CG dancing coming soon" been detailed since?

m0t0k1

I did not really listen to music other than playing Starlight Stage. I might not have given it enough of a chance, but based on that, it didnt really catch my interest. I'll try again later because I won't at the very least give it a try.

As for the thing I was talking about, I was starting to get very confused myself so I browsed through this thread and I think it was this post that caused it, but they never mentioned the mobile game so I dont know what it is going to be for.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=224290809&postcount=12902

I guess the question is, has "- new project with full μ's and Aqours CG dancing coming soon" been detailed since?

Has there been any big live events announced for Love live? Usually they announce these kind of stuff at big events or a blow out magazine. But we will know soon. Usually they want to have these things insync with an anime. So maybe around second season time?

You don't have to like starlight stage you have to have feeling with the characters to get the most out of the games i don't really care about most of the cast either but i like the music so that is why i play it.

FrankCanada97

Just finished up the rest of season one. I'm going to post a few more random thoughts.

Nico is entertaining in how highly she thinks of herself. She even teaches the others that by mimicking her catchphrase, they would be better idols. I wonder if she has a Napoleon complex considering she's one of the oldest members yet she's so small.

I see how Nozomi was instrumental in bringing the group together. Honoka may be the leader, but Nozomi is the glue that keeps them together. However, that groping thing is completely unnecessary. That episode where the three idiots (I'm using that word affectionately) have to study is important in story development but it's brought down by Nozomi's constant threats of groping. It seems so out of place, Nozomi at this point really wasn't part of their circle. I'm not a fan of sexual harassment being played for comedy. Thankfully, it all seemed to be contained in that one episode. I hope it stays that way for season 2.

The song performances are nice, I like how the first song they performed as a complete group was the first song you get in the game. Also a nice moment when they filled the auditorium and basically had a do over of the first performance but this time with everyone in the group.

It must be nice to live near Akihabara, I grew up in a boring suburb and stayed home on my time off. If I had something like Akihabara next door, I would have went out a lot more rather than being a shut in.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised but Honoka is not very bright. This more than just being book dumb, she seems be lacking in common sense. "I know I should rest for the big performance tomorrow but I'm going to go out for a night jog in the rain without rain gear instead!" Plus, there was that whole end of season drama. She puts all this work towards being a school idol, dragging her friends along with her, only to quit when the going gets tough?

Following up on that, Kotori seems to be a complete doormat. She gives up on an opportunity to have a dream job because Honoka came and dragged her back. All this could have been avoided if she had just been honest from the start. Kotori should decide for herself what she wants to do rather than letting things happen or having other people decide for her.

In the end they managed to save the school but at the cost of missing out on the Love Live competition. Apart from the drama I enjoyed the first season. I hope for the next one there are more character focused episodes now that the school closure situation is sorted out. I especially want to know more about Rin because so far all I know about her is that she has a verbal tic.

GoXDS

Just finished up the rest of season one. I'm going to post a few more random thoughts.

Nico is entertaining in how highly she thinks of herself. She even teaches the others that by mimicking her catchphrase, they would be better idols. I wonder if she has a Napoleon complex considering she's one of the oldest members yet she's so small.

I see how Nozomi was instrumental in bringing the group together. Honoka may be the leader, but Nozomi is the glue that keeps them together. However, that groping thing is completely unnecessary. That episode where the three idiots (I'm using that word affectionately) have to study is important in story development but it's brought down by Nozomi's constant threats of groping. It seems so out of place, Nozomi at this point really wasn't part of their circle. I'm not a fan of sexual harassment being played for comedy. Thankfully, it all seemed to be contained in that one episode. I hope it stays that way for season 2.

The song performances are nice, I like how the first song they performed as a complete group was the first song you get in the game. Also a nice moment when they filled the auditorium and basically had a do over of the first performance but this time with everyone in the group.

It must be nice to live near Akihabara, I grew up in a boring suburb and stayed home on my time off. If I had something like Akihabara next door, I would have went out a lot more rather than being a shut in.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised but Honoka is not very bright. This more than just being book dumb, she seems be lacking in common sense. "I know I should rest for the big performance tomorrow but I'm going to go out for a night jog in the rain without rain gear instead!" Plus, there was that whole end of season drama. She puts all this work towards being a school idol, dragging her friends along with her, only to quit when the going gets tough?

Following up on that, Kotori seems to be a complete doormat. She gives up on an opportunity to have a dream job because Honoka came and dragged her back. All this could have been avoided if she had just been honest from the start. Kotori should decide for herself what she wants to do rather than letting things happen or having other people decide for her.

In the end they managed to save the school but at the cost of missing out on the Love Live competition. Apart from the drama I enjoyed the first season. I hope for the next one there are more character focused episodes now that the school closure situation is sorted out. I especially want to know more about Rin because so far all I know about her is that she has a verbal tic.

In regards to Honoka, it's more of her falling to the intense pressure she feels (though yes she is a bit ditzy but I don't think that's the main problem). Plenty of people overwork themselves and also have breakdowns, which they can't control. That's why you have people support you so you can get past the hard times

For Kotori, you can very easily argue that Kotori always wanted to stay. She just needed an excuse or catalyst for her to make thT final decision. From another perspective, it's not like this is her only opportunity at success as a designer when she grows up. If she's serious and she tries hard enough, she should be able to find more opportunities in the future. She's still gaining experience making costumes for μ's. However, her high school experience is a one time deal which she won't be able to get back. And minor spoilers for S2, looking at it from hindsight, she gained a lot of recognition for her work in μ's and their success at Love Live

elhaym

However, that groping thing is completely unnecessary.
I still don't like this, and I don't like how the franchise has continued basically saying "lol it's just people being silly".

I actually kinda wish there were more insert songs, but my takeaway is pretty much that it's still basically just a marketing vehicle for the rest of the franchise (Quick! Go buy all of our CDs with extra full-length PVs!).

I guess I shouldn't be surprised but Honoka is not very bright. ...

Following up on that, Kotori seems to be a complete doormat. ...

I am ALSO still not a big fan of either of them, but I'm also not a person who usually considers pure enthusiasm at the cost of almost anything else to be a great thing. Kotori's one main character development episode is actually one of the things I find ... most off-putting? of Akiba. The whole maid cafe thing rubs me the wrong way for some reason. I dunno. Can't really explain it.

Rin has an absolutely amazing episode in S2, and I think that actually bumped her up to (next to) the top for me. It's kinda funny, I don't usually go for the pure up-lifting, you can do it! type stories, except both hers and -------'s from LL:Sunshine S1 (along w/ a special call-out) literally bring me to tears in happiness.

I'm glad you enjoyed the show! IMO it definitely gets better, as well as a little better paced in S2. Sunshine seems to be following that up pretty decently. Can't wait to compare thoughts about those! =)

Nozomi is pretty much the µ's Illuminati, you learn a lot more about her in season 2. While Rin is not my favorite, her episode is arguably the best episode in season 2 in terms of both character development and its just a really fucking uplifting episode all around.

FrankCanada97

Are the stories from the mobile game connected to the anime in anyway? I kept mostly on Muse (is there a keyboard shortcut for that?) side because I don't want to get spoiled on Sunshine.

Hachitora

0181 is for Japanese system locale. Someone's been playing VNs? ;)

No, but I do have a Japanese keyboard I switch to occasionally to type kana if I need to search for it. Tho I'm usually in EN mode so idk why? Unless keyboard setting is different from locale setting and I'm in JP locale? I don't remember setting that tho...

I wish I could play some JP vns, but kanji is too OP

FrankCanada97

Is that holding down the alt key? Can't try it right now, I'm on mobile.

So the mobile game and anime are unconnected in terms of story but the characterizations are mostly the same. Which canon is the main canon?

W-00

Is that holding down the alt key? Can't try it right now, I'm on mobile.

Yeah. Hold down alt and then use the numbers on the number pad. You may or may not have to press the number pad's + sign while holding alt and before pressing any of the numbers (I had to at first, then it started working without the +). For some applications (like Microsoft Word) you also have to have NUMLOCK on for it to work.

So the mobile game and anime are unconnected in terms of story but the characterizations are mostly the same. Which canon is the main canon?

I believe we consider the anime to be the main canon.

Articalys

Hmm... wonder if this will be what the 3DCG dancing will be incorporated into.

A new project was just announced for School Idol Festival: PERFECT Dream Project.

Apparently the silhouettes are the top three N girls from the last popularity poll, so they might be giving them actual characters? Who knows.

Yaari

Hmm... wonder if this will be what the 3DCG dancing will be incorporated into.

A new project was just announced for School Idol Festival: PERFECT Dream Project.

Apparently the silhouettes are the top three N girls from the last popularity poll, so they might be giving them actual characters? Who knows.

That's very interesting. I hope it will be, have been waiting for it for quite a while now. You'd imagine they have made some good progress with it.

Articalys

Forgot today was the day they were going to announce more of the 4th anniversary news.

---------------------------------------
https://lovelive.bushimo.jp/?p=7897

- The bonuses for logging in 9 days from April 1-15 total up to 3 gems, 400,000 G, 40,000 friend points, an any-color SR skill teacher, 20 regular stickers, a scouting ticket, and a blue ticket.

- New blue ticket boxes: in addition to the current 80% SR/20% UR box for five blue tickets, they're adding an 80% SSR/20% UR box for 10 blue tickets and a 100% guaranteed UR box for 25 blue tickets. Both μ's and Aqours will have them.

- Aqours limited boxes (attribute, year, etc.) are coming, μ's limited boxes will be updated as well.

- New alternate design for note icons; can switch between old and new styles

- Login bonuses getting a major overhaul:
* Specific rewards for each day, instead of for total days logged in per month
* Calendar layout shows highlights for birthdays and new member additions
* Reward types now include normal stickers and R support cards; old reward types now give more

And in the special "let's keep stealing ideas from Starlight Stage" section...

- New event type: "Walking Rally"
* Map-based event with stories, challenges, etc. More details later.

- New note type: swing notes
* Trace the note in the direction of the arrow
* Will only be included in upcoming Master songs; won't be retroactively added to anything currently in-game

Even more info coming April 14, including the second new event type.

Articalys

Also, sitting somewhere between an April Fool's joke and something actually useful, on JP there's a two-use (once per side) 50 G scouting box for the animal supporter cards, including a new N card for the puppy that scared Riko at the cafe.

Articalys

By the way, as a warning, just like on JP last year, on the global version this year for April Fool's you might randomly get your note sounds been replaced by alpaca noises, so turn off the sound effects for the day if you don't want to have to deal with it.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
By the way, as a warning, just like on JP last year, on the global version this year for April Fool's you might randomly get your note sounds been replaced by alpaca noises, so turn off the sound effects for the day if you don't want to have to deal with it.

I just got hit by a MedFes alpaca song in TW. lol

Also, I can't believe they're introducing slides... they're terrible in imas.

Top Bottom