• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Live! School Idol Festival |OT2| Despair comes in a pink envelope

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Did they disable the back button on Android by accident? Found myself having to use the on screen button instead. I'll try again later to see if it wasn't a one off bug.

Himemiya

I've been saying Aki no Anata no Sora Tooku (new lily white single) has a very old-jpop-feel, definitely old-fashioned, but with some modern touches like the faint bleep bloops audible at points. The echo in the vocals is retro af and especially Nozomi's singing fits well ("watashi no koi ga" is so classic). Instrumentation is fantastic (@Safs that descending guitar before verse 1 is p Tarantino). Song sounds like something modern 60s/70s-inspired bands like Kinoco Hotel could have made.

lily white is the best subgroup for me.

Mokoi

Banned
iRRXyf4AFpyI3.png

It was a bad idea to play a ex song first after not playing in a while. I was yelling fuck out loud each time I messed up, and got told to shut up in the library. lol

Oh well got 1st place still! Also Damm forget trying to catch up to those people on top.

tenton

Oh well got 1st place still! Also Damm forget trying to catch up to those people on top.

When you've got crazy people who spend stones like water and don't even play the game racing to the top (i.e. dq'ing themselves because it's a higher score/min rate), there's no point in racing to the top.

Corgi

Banned
im more curious how ya play ex songs on a iphone 5s :p

So sad this might be the last event i bother doing for the SR. new job starts on the 17th :(

really wish the events for this game weren't so demanding of one's time to get SR.

Qurex

Neo Member
The current song pool for Score Match Round 14 (November 5th - November 8th)

Easy/Normal/Hard:
  • SMILE - Bokura wa Ima no Naka de
  • SMILE - Happy maker!
  • PURE - baby maybe Koi no Button
  • PURE - Blueberry ♡ Train
  • PURE - Aki no Anata no Sora Tooku
  • COOL - No brand girls
  • COOL - Diamond Princess no Yuuutsu
  • COOL - Arifureta Kanashimi no Hate
Expert
  • SMILE - Bokura wa Ima no Naka de
  • PURE - baby maybe Koi no Button
  • PURE - Blueberry ♡ Train
  • COOL - No brand girls
  • COOL - Arifureta Kanashimi no Hate
The Smile Super Rare Card for Score Match Round 14, Ayase Eli (Handmaid Ver.) [Super Rare #458].
Appeal: Making Accessories Together ♪ - Every 9 seconds, there is a 19% chance of increasing player's score by 500 points. (Level 1)

The Cool Normal card for Score Match Round 14, Konoe Haruka [Normal #457].

Preview of the SRs that come with the new Printemps single 永遠フレンズ (Eien Friends lit. Eternal Friends). Out on Wednesday 12th November, so one week from now.
For comparison.

Banpresto are making some merchandise including nendoroids(?) based off the KiRa-KiRa Sensation! costumes and phone straps(?) based off the Dancing stars on me! costumes.
I think they come out in March next year.

Credits to the English LLSIF Wiki for the song list and skill translation.

----------------------------------------------------------------

I finally FC an EX song, it was No Brand Girls, too bad it doesn't count and I get no rewards for it. My current team isn't strong enough to get a S-Rank, I need to finish levelling up my other Cool SRs.

Also, I was in the top 40 for a short while first thing this morning.
Of course I dropped in rank after all the top tier people showed up. Currently at Rank 1280, haven't used any Loveca. How's everyone else doing so far?

Mokoi

Banned
When you've got crazy people who spend stones like water and don't even play the game racing to the top (i.e. dq'ing themselves because it's a higher score/min rate), there's no point in racing to the top.

True,but doesn't mean I still won't try.
I'm not. lol

im more curious how ya play ex songs on a iphone 5s :p

So sad this might be the last event i bother doing for the SR. new job starts on the 17th :(

really wish the events for this game weren't so demanding of one's time to get SR.

Yep takes too much time to get the damm SR.

Banpresto are making some merchandise including nendoroids(?) based off the KiRa-KiRa Sensation! costumes and phone straps(?) based off the Dancing stars on me! costumes.
I think they come out in March next year.

How's everyone else doing so far?

I want the phone strap for my vita. congrats on being top 40 for a little bit. I've only played 4 times so far, so no close yet.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
The trick is to learn to play without sound so you can fiddle with your touchscreen device of choice without making it too obvious you are playing a game.

Also those are not Nendos but prize figures. Height wise they are a bit smaller than a nendo, but the body is much smaller giving a big head effect. Paint work is also simpler. They're not too bad considering they are usually much cheaper.

Corgi

Banned
The trick is to learn to play without sound so you can fiddle with your touchscreen device of choice without making it too obvious you are playing a game.

Also those are not Nendos but prize figures. Height wise they are a bit smaller than a nendo, but the body is much smaller giving a big head effect. Paint work is also simpler. They're not too bad considering they are usually much cheaper.

well a face to face consulting gig makes it a bit harder lol. take more bathroom breaks i guess?

Has anyone done the math on high-skill level Rares versus Super Rares? Of my three teams I only use one Rare and its a Smile Honkers with her skill at level 6. That thing is chirping constantly during songs.

chrono01

So assuming that you can score "decently", is Expert better for event points or should I stick to Hard?

I don't yet have a legit UR [only the Honoka that came with the Love Live Season one Bluray], but I do have several SR. I can manage S Rank on a few of the songs, but any of the Cool ones [Cool is my weakest attribute] and it can get kind of rough...

tenton

So assuming that you can score "decently", is Expert better for event points or should I stick to Hard?

I don't yet have a legit UR [only the Honoka that came with the Love Live Season one Bluray], but I do have several SR. I can manage S Rank on a few of the songs, but any of the Cool ones [Cool is my weakest attribute] and it can get kind of rough...

If you can consistently S-rank, and you can actually pull humans in the ScoreMatch, EX is the better route. The rest is up to RNGesus on who you're paired with.

tenton

Has anyone done the math on high-skill level Rares versus Super Rares? Of my three teams I only use one Rare and its a Smile Honkers with her skill at level 6. That thing is chirping constantly during songs.

I've been meaning to calculate the differences in per note scoring. One of these days.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I'm going to rename myself to Master Student

Game needs more players. Wonder if the user base is still growing?

Problem this game has is that it really sucks to come late to the party and it's a massive grind to catchup. These score based events really benefit those who have played longer and built up a good team. Wouldn't be surprised it the player base is shrinking.

Draxal

Problem this game has is that it really sucks to come late to the party and it's a massive grind to catchup. These score based events really benefit those who have played longer and built up a good team. Wouldn't be surprised it the player base is shrinking.

It's growing in America, tier requirements are going higher and higher each time.

JoeFu

Banned
JP is doing fine I'm pretty sure. Just not sure about the EN version. Hope to hear more about the new event type soon in JP.

Vylash

yeah, score match is blatantly biased towards people who have been playing for a long time or spend a bunch of money and the shitty reward tiers don't help, score match is awful and i'm hoping it goes away eventually

Kumubou

I think the issue is a lot of people in the EN version (especially if they haven't thrown tons of money at the game) don't have teams that are good enough to score well on Expert without a partner, so no one's playing it.

I would not want to a new player trying to grind out SRs in the international version right now, never mind in Japan (yikes).

redhairedking

I think the issue is a lot of people in the EN version (especially if they haven't thrown tons of money at the game) don't have teams that are good enough to score well on Expert without a partner, so no one's playing it.

I would not want to a new player trying to grind out SRs in the international version right now, never mind in Japan (yikes).

I'm just glad I started in the first week of the EN release. I have yet to spend any money on the game and can consistently place first or second in score matches.

JoeFu

Banned
I caught in Japan fairly quickly. I dunno maybe I was lucky with FP draws and the 10+1s I had. I can't get S ranks on some songs in EX on EN, but I'm usually first from the few I played.

Sorry Vylash, score match gonna be here a while. Personally I love score match, it's so much better than the grind for tokens. Score match is faster as I get around 1000 points per 3 plays, whereas tokens I only get 81 tokens which is enough for 1 ex song, can't even play 2 hards. I think the scoring system isn't that high at all.

Hachitora

I started day 1 on EN, but I came to JP way later, and I have to say Score Match there sucks because my teams aren't that good. I have 2 URs, but I haven't had the chance to level them up much until recently because I had to max bond/level my Ns. And there were a lot of Ns. I can't even get an A rank with an FC on the hard songs ;_;

Himemiya

I like score matches more than token grinding definitely. It's best in JP though. I look forward to them so I can play songs I haven't unlocked yet (though the current cycle unfortunately has a lot of familiar ones).

I started last month with rares you can count on one hand and I feel in that version they match you up with people around your level most of the time. There's also the purposeful failures; I didn't find myself yelling pay2win, not that I ever would...
People who spend loveca to fail are the "real" pay to win but they're always last and that's not the point here.

This is a good point. On the EN side things are a lil different.

Got Eli

I'm tired

Harasho job.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I've just not played enough in a long time to bother with Expert at the moment. Playing it safe with hard. It's coming back to me. Seeing this as a practise round for the Honoka event.

Yaari

I also like Score Match. Token match is dull, you grind Token Match to be able to grind even more. I love it for new accounts but other than that it is a huge timesink, unless you wait for the 4x but even then there's nothing fun about it.

Is the new Printemps song the Pure one on JP? I really like it.

Draxal

Ezaclty this, the English player base is a bit fragmented right now between expert and hard.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Not being able to pause briefly during these Score Matches is a bit annoying. I know why they do it, but sometime ya need to pause.

m0t0k1

OMG i want to participate in both events. ;_; Need mah Kotori and Eli. Hopefully i will get that Eli next year in the english event then :p

edit: Top of page Maki. Maybe gonna make this my next ava for a while.

Corgi

Banned
they really need to update their client. game stutters randomly and is the only app that stutters when notifications appear, which is quite annoying for a rhythm game where solid framerate is paramount!

Top Bottom