• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Low poly love [WARNING - Image Intensive]

bomblord1

Banned
thought this would be about the Geist vagina

hehe HA

Found this on the interwebs (webfind?)
sanhueza_miniryu.jpg

Coreda

A couple related models from different artists.

d5S9vbq.gif

Kojima Productions logo. Charles Blanchard (floppydisc.tumblr.com). Designer of Drift Stage.

SdvIetZ.gif

Metal Gear Solid V Walker Gear. Tromak (htromak.tumblr.com).

Mato

I love low poly. It's not primitive, it is an aesthetic preference. If you love minimalism then you love low poly. It's modernist/Bauhaus ideology, not nostalgia for the ps1/n64 era.

PantsuJo

I love low poly. It's not primitive, it is an aesthetic preference. If you love minimalism then you love low poly. It's modernist/Bauhaus ideology, not nostalgia for the ps1/n64 era.
For me it's only big nostalgia. And I'm perfectly fine with it, I love the old low-poly engines. I love the 32/64 bit era.

I just played TIE Fighter (the 95 cd version) for the first time and i couldnt believe how well i was immersed into the game world despite the lo-fi presentation.
Those simple gouraud shaded graphics are truly a work of art.
p3tris_4debb29ed3ca2.gif

221811-star-wars-tie-fighter-collector-s-cd-rom-dos-screenshot-cargo.png

aRw4m5PV5SPN.840x0.Vdef9Kkm.jpg

Simbabbad

I just played TIE Fighter (the 95 cd version) for the first time and i couldnt believe how well i was immersed into the game world despite the lo-fi presentation.
The gameplay is also stellar, which probably helps. The original X-wing/TIE fighter series is the best Star Wars series ever.

Honey Bunny

I think that makes Fifa Road to World Cup 98 on N64 the brutalist architecture of video games

World%20Cup%2098_Aug4%204_24_11.jpg

NINTENDO64--World%20Cup%2098_Jul9%2016_41_12.png

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2

Not buying it. That era was eye-bleedingly awful to look at then, but we did it because that was the state of the art at the time. Even then I couldn't wait to get beyond it. Remaster everything, forget it ever happened.

Gnub

There is a link on page 5 to
mondmaul.net
which has google safe surf going crazy.

Ashen looks sexy tho.

butalala

Hey, that's indeed really nice, although
- shores like this probably won't work
- air units will also be a huge issue..

If it's in 3D, couldn't you just rotate the camera? Or set the default to something along the lines of the GBA/DS games?

YES! FFIX, Bloody Roar 2, wouldn't change a thing! It is pure noatalgia, though, I understand if especially younger people find it offputting. I am not a fan of NES graphics.
Still have a healtgy respect for it. I like being able to never change opinion about some things.

The_Spaniard

Netmarble
What game is this?

Chasm: The Rift. I enjoyed the piss out of this game as a kid. Bought it for a song, and it was a solid budget Quake clone. Though while a Quake clone, it had a few neat features over Quake like live body dismemberment. Blow off an arm and an enemy can't shoot at you anymore, etc. Also NPC characters had actual modeled eyelids that they blinked with, and mouths, not just on/off textures.

Top three shots are just regular Quake though.

http://chasmtherift.wikia.com/wiki/Chasm:_The_Rift

Top Bottom