• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Bloodborne - It's a special game!

It's a game with a strong feeling of trust and passion behind it, playing it is like coming to this agreement between you and the work that things can take work and you will struggle together, but there's trust from both sides that the efforts will mean something more at the end of the game. It's a game that trusts you to accept it, it's really something else. A kind of communal appreciation of these horrors and the belief that you can best them if you dedicate yourself.

More than DS and DeS, Bloodborne seeks to calm fears pertaining to more than something fantastical, but of a horror close to home, historically and semiotically.

Op once the game is over check out these links for a deeper look into the story/lore. Remember only once your finished. The links contain spoilers.

The Paleblood Hunt <--Long but a great read.

Redgrave

Aegon

JSF

Bloodborne has one of the best stories/lore ever in gaming that youd never know unless you cared to look for yourself. The amount of work and detail that went into creating something that is essentially hidden is staggering.

sappyday

IMO Demon's/Dark are more special. Bloodborne is saved by it's amazing art direction and lore/themes. But put all the gameplay aspects in a Dark Souls setting and it would be lackluster. But I'm pretty biased cause I got into the series between Demon's Souls release and Dark Souls release.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Man... kids these days. They can take anything apparently.

I consider the game as one of the most darkest, oppressive and morbid games ever. A beautiful one at that, but not something I'd let my kid play until much later than 11 years of age.

At face value it's certainly violent and dark, but the OP has said they're fine with fantasy violence.

BB (and the Souls games in general) only really start to get heavy when you let them. You need to invest some thought into what's going on for it to be truly morbid, and I don't think children are normally capable of that (thank goodness).

Cajun

Neo Member
Man, when I was 11 (or 12 I can't remember exactly) I was playing through Silent Hill 2 so he's probably having a similar experience to me back then. If he is, prepare to hear him compare every game with anything somewhat similar to this, because it'll be his favorite of all time. It's a prime age to play games with such well-crafted subtlety.

Vetro

Bloodborne is the best in the Soulsborne series hands down. It may be more limited in terms of builds but the level design, enemies, lore, trick weapons and boss fights make it so fantastic.

I sure hope we get a Bloodborne 2 on PS4, just set it in another area or world. Please make it happen, SCEJA/From.

I have the platinum in all of the games, it's so worth it.

Could not agree more - But first, Armored Core!

@Topic:
Reminds me of myself when beeing 12 and playing Ocarina of Time when it was released on the glorious N64.

remz

Your son's experience playing Bloodborne reminds me of my own playing the Xbox Ninja Gaiden at that age.

Top Bottom