• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twelve games in twelve months

cormack12

Gold Member
If you're looking for the more hardcore 52 games in a year post, then please go here

dQhU03.jpg

I've tried the 52 games a year challenge and it is just overwhelming though fun to try once. So I thought we could have a smaller one for those of us with more pressures on our time, or don't play as much as we used to. Rules are similar.

How do I take part?
Claim a ‘main post’ where you will list all your completions for the year. You can use fancy images or special formatting to make it extra cool. In addition to this post your updates, completions and thoughts as singular posts throughout the year.

How do I know when I've completed a game?
That can be tricky to determine, but it's ultimately up to you. If its a straightforward single player game then it's typically when the credits roll, but if it's say a multiplayer session based game maybe its when you’ve unlocked a certain feature or completed a battle pass.

Do the completions need to be games released this year?
Nope; any video game will suffice. It can be first plays or replays, classics or recent releases. It can be a game you started last year but are finishing this year.

reserved & bookmarked because this one will be very doable while that 52 games in a year challenge is too hardcore for my taste.

January:

#1 - Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition - Currently playing through the base game (clocked in around 30h so far).
81pVS9PPekL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

#2 - Dead or Alive Xtreme Venus Vacation - I've started playing it around two days ago, but since it's a gacha game you can't really 'complete it'.
3205618-alive.jpg

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
61Ohj-RxPwL._AC_UY327_FMwebp_QL65_.jpg

Game #1
God of War: Ragnarok
Completed. Got the plat and also other things which weren't trophy related. Pretty much 100%

alan-wake-2-xbox-cover-v0-y7do3t40e93b1.jpg

Game #2
Alan Wake II
Completed. 1000/1000 gamerscore, got most of the random stuff except deerheads and I missed a few of the orb memories. Might go back to Final Draft at some point, but for now am done with this game.

91bGFjQYu9L._AC_UY327_FMwebp_QL65_.jpg

Game #3
Gotham Knights
(playing)

6105Hlb6dfL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_FMwebp_.jpg

Game #4
Final Fantasy VII Remake
Completed the campaign and side missions

Game #5
Assassin's Creed: Mirage
Completed. 1000/1000 gamerscore.

Last edited:

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Not sure I'll be able to complete it but let's try it out.

Do you need to complete a game per month, or that doesn't matter?

#1 Like a Dragon: Gaiden (January)

Regginator

Sounds like fun! And more importantly, sounds very doable. I've taken a look at my rather big and intimidating backlog, and I've decided on these 12 games (which may or may not change depending on mood and new games). In no particular order:
  1. PS5 - Red Dead Redemption 2
    Finished - 7/10, 60 hours of playtime. Visually stunning world with an interesting overarching story, stellar performances and character developments, but held back by outdated controls and terrible mission design and progression.
  2. PS5 - Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
  3. PS5 - The Talos Principle
  4. PS5 - Outer Wilds
  5. PS5 - Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
  6. Switch - Final Fantasy VII
  7. Switch - Fire Emblem Engage
  8. Switch - Xenoblade Chronicles
  9. Switch - Pokémon Legends: Arceus
  10. Switch - Super Mario Sunshine
  11. PC - Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines
  12. PC - Tyranny, or Pillars of Eternity II

Started playing RDR2 around new year's eve, so the year's off to a good start.
Also, looking back at this list while typing, I may have chosen some big games that require a lot of time. But we'll see how far we get.

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
I can actually manage one a month lol

Upcoming: Dragon's Dogma 2
Currently Playing: Killzone: Shadow Fall
Completed:
- Tinkyin

Last edited:
Awesome, this is much more up my street than 52 which just isn't doable for me anymore. This will also help me stop buying games and focus on finishing stuff I already have!

I'll post my games and when I've completed them followed by a few words on what I thought.

1. Cyberpunk 2077 and Phantom Liberty (PC) - finished 11/01/24

Really enjoyed my time with this. The expansion had a really gripping story which I played through before the last stretch of the OG campaign. Loved the combat, especially the hacking! 9/10.

2. Gears 5 (PC) - Finished 17/01/24

I needed this after Cyberpunk. A good palette cleanser that took me just over 9 hours to beat. Completed all the secondary missions in the open world sections, although wasn't a big fan of the open world parts. Will play through Hivebusters but won't count it separately as it's super short. 7/10

3. Dead Space Remake (PC) - Finished 29/01/24

So I picked this up back in a Steam sale last year and go up to around chapter 4. Since I finished Gears 5, I thought I'd go back to this one since I want to play through my backlog. I finished the OG Dead Space back when it first released on 360 and it was my one of my favourite survival horror games. I just wrapped this up and wow, amazing. Superb presentation, extremely atmospheric and just a ton of fun to play. 10/10 legendary game.

4. Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (2023 version - PC/Steam Deck) - Finished 25/02/24

This is one of those games that I had played an hour of and then turned off because I was busy with other games. Now I realise how silly that was, as this is a fantastic game and probably the best of the series (not by much mind). Easy story to follow for once and the gameplay is still so much fun. I had a great time with this one but felt like the last few cutscenes dragged on a bit in typical Kojima fashion. 9/10

5. Rage 2 (PC/Steam Deck) - Finished 21/04/24

Not terrible but not great either. The shooting is really fun, but the game lets itself down with an incredibly boring open world and very repetitive mission structures. Missions typically involve, go here find this, or go here and kill this. Fortunately there are only 8 missions, the killing bit is fun and the weapons are pretty good. Whoever thought to lock weapons behind the Arks is stupid, I only grabbed a few as I didn't want to prolong my time spent with the game. 5/10

I'm now playing through Fallout New Vegas for the first time and so far this is so good. The premise 'where the fuck is the guy in the chequered coat' is just so much fun. I love the idea of dealing with something so small in the grand scheme of things. Very good game so far.

Last edited:

stn

I won't include games where I'm playing through DLC and/or completing stuff just to get all of the achievements/trophies (ex. CP2077, Gotham Knights). There may be some other games I try and beat along the way but this is my "main" list.

1. Starfield (XSX) - 5 hrs in, I really like it. Sticking with this one through completion.
2. Wanted: Dead (XSX) - very close to finishing it up.
3. Bloodborne (PS4) - 9 hrs in, its amazing.
4. Sekiro (PS4) - maybe 20% done.
5. Ninja Blade (X360) - about 30% done.
6. Infamous 2 (PS3) - about 25% done.
7. Battle Chasers: Nightwar (PS4) - 60% done.
8. Bayonetta 3 (Switch) - close to done.
9. Elden Ring (XSX) - 9 hrs in, no clue how far I am.
10. Like A Dragon: Ishin (PS5) - not started.
11. Sword and Fairy (PS5) - not started.
12. Hogwarts: Legacy (XSX) - not started.

Last edited:

amigastar

Sounds like fun! And more importantly, sounds very doable. I've taken a look at my rather big and intimidating backlog, and I've decided on these 12 games (which may or may not change depending on mood and new games). In no particular order:
  1. PS5 - Red Dead Redemption 2
  2. PS5 - Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
  3. PS5 - The Talos Principle
  4. PS5 - Outer Wilds
  5. PS5 - Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
  6. Switch - Final Fantasy VII
  7. Switch - Fire Emblem Engage
  8. Switch - Xenoblade Chronicles
  9. Switch - Pokémon Legends: Arceus
  10. Switch - Super Mario Sunshine
  11. PC - Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines
  12. PC - Tyranny, or Pillars of Eternity II

Started playing RDR2 around new year's eve, so the year's off to a good start.
Also, looking back at this list while typing, I may have chosen some big games that require a lot of time. But we'll see how far we get.
I loved Pillars of Eternity II. Such a great CRpg.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
1. Uncharted 4
2. Redfall
3. Trek To Yomi
4. Final Vendetta
5. Dead Island 2
6. Forgotten Worlds
7. Callisto Proticol, plus Final Transmission
8. Shadow Warrior 3
9. Terminator Resistance
10. Gungrave Gore
11. Deadlight
12. Onechanbara Origin

Last edited:

Aion002

Cool.

January: It will be a split between Cyberpunk 2077, Nioh 2 (New game ++++) and GoW Ragnarok.

I finished yesterday Nioh 2 NG++, so maybe I will keep playing it until I complete all difficulty modes... However, I am also casually playing GoW Ragnarok and Cyberpunk 2077. Talking about Cyberpunk, last night I played it a little bit and I think it finally "clicked" with me and I started enjoying it a lot.

So honestly I dunno which one I will finish first this month.

February: FFVII Remake

I will finish it again while waiting for FFVII Rebirth.

March: FFVII Rebirth

Following months: Granblue Relink, Dragons Dogma 2 and Rise of The Ronin.

Last edited:

kiphalfton

Beat:
- GTA V
- God of War (2018)
- Little Nightmares II

Playing:
- Quantum Break

Yet to Play:
- Shadow of the Colossus
- Demons Souls Remake
- Gravity Rush 2

In limbo (started but didn't finish, and may need to start over):
- The Order 1866
- Final Fantasy VII Remake
- Bloodborne
- The Last Guardian

Last edited:

MikeM

Sounds fun. Don't have a list but here is what I can foresee the next four- six months:

1. TLOU 1 (PS5- currently ongoing)
2. Cyberpunk 2077 (PC- 2nd playthrough then going for the DLC).
3. TLOU 2 (PS5)
4. FFVII Rebirth (PS5)
5. Plague Tale Requiem (PC)
6. Forza Motorsport (PC)
7. Elden Ring (PS5- may wait for PS5 pro tho or get on PC when cheap).

I’ll add more as I go. Great idea!

Banjo64

cumsessed
Great thread cormack12 cormack12 .

20/01/24 - Super Mario Bros. Wonder. Completed this with my 4 year old, who received the game as a Christmas present. I really enjoyed this game, the vibrancy of the levels, the fact that you can play as Yoshi for an easy mode. I would strongly recommend this game, it’s excellent.

24/02/24 - Pokémon Legends Arceus. Final play time 20 hours 15 minutes. 172 Pokémon seen, 132 caught. Really surprised by this game, best Pokémon since Emerald. This was my profile on my Switch, my son is also playing this through separately and I’m trying to help him complete the dex so he can meet Arceus. Another easy recommendation.

16/03/24 - Kingdoms of Amular Re-reckoning. Final play time 15 hours. Difficult one to recommend this, it showed its age. It’s a linear action game, I ran with a great hammer build. The Legend of Dead Kel was really disappointing IMO, but Teeth of Naros was one of the better parts of the game. I thought the traversal was absolutely pants. On a true scale of 10 I’d probably give this a 6.5.

24/03/24 - Bioshock Remastered. Wow, odd one for me. For the first 2 hours I had no idea what was going on. Combat wise I thought it seemed a standard shooter, the maps seemed complicated and story wise I had no clue. As the game progressed it got better and better IMO. Combat became a joy, I familiarised myself with the level and mission design and got some sort of semblance from the story. The credits have just rolled, I’d give that an 8/10. Really good game.

30/03/24 - Banjo-Kazooie: Grunty’s Revenge. Posted my thoughts here: https://www.neogaf.com/threads/rlttp-banjo-kazooie-grunty’s-revenge.1669036/ really pleasant little game (100% in 4 hours 45 mins).

04/04/24 - Super Mario 64. Chipped away at this for 3 months. What more can be said? Absolute 10/10 classic. I’ve not completed this since I played through the DS version. What a game, played on Switch Oled through NSO.

EnW9aRd.jpeg

21/04/24 - Metroid Prime Remastered. First ever play through of a Metroid Prime game. This was really great, it took me a lot longer to get my bearings directionally in comparison to Dread though. I’d jump on 2 & 3 Remastered if Nintendo drop them. I love the difficulty, the platforming is great - the combat with normal enemies was the only so-so aspect I thought, but boss fights are great.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Baldurs Gate 3.

Not sure if I can finish it before Feb. I'm off out of country for almost a month, and I'm afraid if I haven't finished BG3 by then, I will have little to no inclination to pick it up after a months break.

Now this one I can do. Usually get to 20 games a year, sometimes more if there’s a few short ones.

1. First up for me is Super Mario RPG. Just started it this weekend, will see how it goes.
Edit: Fun game and I can see why people loved it in the 90s. Still pretty good but it just makes me want to play Paper Mario - those games are so much better it's not even close.

2. Paper Mario. SMRPG put me in the mood for this, and it holds up a lot better. The first two Paper Mario games are the best of the Mario RPGs, by a pretty large margin. I am excited to play the TTYD remake later this year.

3. I started Crisis Core Reunion, never played it before and really have no knowledge of Zack's story. It's a lot more fun than I thought, probably due to the battle system being revamped. There's no hiding it's a souped up PSP game, but still having a good time regardless. Hopefully the voice acting gets better, Zack's VA has been pretty terrible through chapter 4. Sounds like Sonic the Hedgehog.
Edit: Ended up liking it, though the story really derailed near the end and the voice acting didn't really improve. Gameplay was solid and I did like the story overall, really made me care about Zack.

Last edited:
1. Tchia. Completed, apart from the diving and shooting gold trophies and the exasperating music sections. It was a delightful little game full of charm and well worth the sojourn. It's rather sad to see how few owners have been awarded any of the PlayStation 4 trophies. Just finding all 10 docks was less than 5% giving the impression that many owners have given up before getting anywhere. I enjoyed this charming little game so much that I was happy to go back into the game after the story was finished to complete the bits I missed, including the extensive treasure hunt. 7/10
2. Stray. Finished and as much as I admire the graphics I was left rather cold by the whole game, and gameplay, apart from the very end.

Last edited:

bobone

I do miss the days when I would hit 50+ games in a year.
Actually did over 100 a few times.

For 2024:
1. Mario Wonder was a Christmas present from my wife

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
I finished Pokémon Shield recently (I bought a Switch!), but I started that last year. I'll start with a game I started a couple days ago.

I always play through one single-player game at a time, and usually I don't know what I'm going to play next until I've just about finished the game. I have access to a gigantic (9000+) Family Share library on Steam, so I'm pretty spoiled with options.

1 - Deathloop
Original: Right now I'm pretty unimpressed. The gunplay is fine. The AI is some of the worst I've seen in a really long time, and the dialogue's pretty bad. I also recently played Outer Wilds, an absolutely outstanding game set in a time loop, so Deathloop doesn't really have any novelty to me. I don't think the game excels at anything, but it's a little bit interesting to see FPS mechanics mixed with time loop puzzle mechanics, even if neither the FPS nor the time loop elements compare well to other games.

Dropped: This game has some of the worst AI I've ever seen in a video game, excluding stuff like asset flips. The enemy AI is honestly probably worse than in Aliens: Colonial Marines. The game incorporates some great ideas and mechanics that were mastered in other titles, but in combining these ideas Deathloop just makes me wish I was playing a better shooter, a better stealth game, a better roguelite, or a better time loop game. The writing was just painful. I also found the game to be pretty buggy, which I usually don't hold against a game, since I usually find them pretty easy to work around. One bug would repeatedly get me stuck on menus that wouldn't load though, and that meant I was routinely rebooting the game.

1 - Advance Wars (Switch)
I thought this was fine, but I wish I could turn the story mode off and just play through the levels. Lots of the time it felt like a level was built with just one strategy in mind, which made my victories feel less satisfying, since I didn't feel like I'd outsmarted my enemy, so much as I'd successfully stuck to the course determined by the level designers. Fun enough.

2 - Pokémon: Let's Go Pikachu!
Pretty fun. I like the customization, but of course I'd like if it was more in-depth, or if there was more variety in the outfits. Outfits only vary in texture, and share the same model. That's fine, and it's better than no customization.
I don't think I'd like more Pokémon games designed like this, but I can enjoy it as a one-off. The Pikachu in this game is wicked cool.

3 - Resident Evil 4 (2023) + Separate Ways
This was fun. Didn't care that much for Separate Ways (and why is the Ada Wong voice acting so amateur in comparison to everyone else?). I did miss the exploration focus of RE1 and RE2, but the action was pretty tight. I'd like to play the Wii version sometime, I'm a big fan of motion aiming, and a lot of people told me the original had better atmosphere or something.

4 - Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (Switch)
I'm a really big fan of the Krome Studios version of The Force Unleashed, which I insist is superior to the LucasArts version. Had a great time playing the Switch release. I collected about 75% of the holocrons! Primarily used a yellow lightsaber, that's always been a favorite of mine.

5 - NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139...
I fell in love within the first half hour, and after about six hours of playtime the effect had worn off. The gameplay's really dull, the combat's so repetitive, easy, and boring, but worst of all the writing. The dialogue's so goddamn stupid. Apparently the story does something really cool later on, and I'm pretty sure the story's told over multiple playthroughs, but I'm not gonna slog through this awful writing just to check if there's something redeemable later on. I don't trust them to hit the mark. Also not sure why this game even has sidequests, since they're given so little effort. The whole open world mechanic seems pointless in this game. I guess it makes it easier for the game to justify constantly recycling its maps? Music was impressive at first, but it plays on a very short loop, and quickly becomes annoying.
Dropped after about 13 hours.

5 - The Forgotten City
Just started this. Pretty cool.

Last edited:

Little Mac

Gold Member
Think New Amsterdam GIF by NBC

Reserved. Bought a PS5 Slim during the Holidays so I have a ton of Sony games to catch up on.

January: Spider-Man Remastered (Platinum)

February: The Last of Us Part 1

March: Miles Morales (Platinum)

Started playing Helldivers 2 and now I'm fucked ...

Last edited:

Portugeezer

Update:

1. FF7 Remake completed on PS5. Wasn't anything amazing for me, but I can respect why people would have loved it back in the PS1 days (and yes I know it wasn't a full remake of the whole game). 7/10
PQVOqy3.jpg

2. TBC

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
Reserved

January

I already have a slight head start, but I'm working Octopath Traveler 2. Will also play TLOU 2

Update: 2/5

Completed TLOU 2 last night. Probably going to get back on Octopath Traveler 2 or jump into Persona 3 Reloaded. Not sure

Last edited:

Capitan Todd

Neo Member
Being a father with a fulltime job this is much more doable for me than 52 games! Already got a few games planned for the upcoming months. I'll update this list as the year goes on:
  • PS5 - God of war: Ragnarok (playing right now)
  • PS5 - The last of Us Part II Remastered
  • PS5 - Final Fantasy VII Rebirth

Lets go:
Jan:
*Final Fantasy 16 - Main and 90% side quests done
*EA FC 24 - Finished the Champions League mode with Arsenal and Inter Milan thanks to trial + xbox free weekend.

Working my way through Like A Dragon Gaiden, Superhot Mind Control Delete and Cyberpunk.

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
Earlier post updated.

Just completed Tinykin. Not sure if I'll go for 100% but I had fun with it in short bursts. I'd play it an hour every other day or so otherwise would get burnt out.

Love the art style with 2D characters on the 3D environments. Controls felt great and the platforming was perfect.

Regginator

I loved Pillars of Eternity II. Such a great CRpg.
Looking forward to it! I loved the gameplay from Pillars 1, and I've been told that it got even better in 2, as well as having a better story (?). The only thing holding me back is that it's probably going to be another 70+ hour RPG, which is why something relatively smaller like Tyranny looks tempting as well.

Noob Question
How do I edit my post to update games? I don't see any edit button.
You should be able to see Edit in the bottom left, next to Report.

cormack12

Gold Member
This has been kind of a good idea tbh. It's pushed me to go back and clear out some weight from the backlog. So I'm currently playing through ffvii remake, and now up to chapter 14 so I'll be able to add that soon as well

FrankWza

Being a father with a fulltime job this is much more doable for me than 52 games! Already got a few games planned for the upcoming months. I'll update this list as the year goes on:
  • PS5 - God of war: Ragnarok (playing right now)
  • PS5 - The last of Us Part II Remastered
  • PS5 - Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Get a Portal. It helps get an extra 3-5 hours a week at least

Sojiro

Oh cool, I didn't know if there was a game completion thread on Gaf, and this looks to be a bit more doable than the 52 one. I can't really plan out the year since I usually just pick up whatever game on a whim, especially since I tend to delve into a lot of retro games.

January: Finished Evolution: World of Sacred Device on Dreamcast, decent little JRPG. Finished Bombrush Cyberfunk as well, fucking fantastic game.

February: Shadowrun (SNES) Really solid game, I played this originally when I was young and couldn't wrap my head around it, but I really enjoyed this playthrough. Finished Side Order Splatoon 3 DLC.

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
Just got done with FFVII Remake so pretty pleased this thread gave the motivation to complete it. As it now saves me like 90gb

gAz1WTm.jpg

Last edited:

Mexen

Doable! I’m in!

January
Metroid Prime Remastered

February
Yakuza Kiwami 2

March
Persona 4 Golden

April
Super Mario 3D Land

Last edited:
Finished Challenge on April 24th

• 12 completed games [some 100%, some just campaign complete]
  • +2 abandoned games
  1. Fallout 4 PS5 edition. When it comes out in a few days this will take over I assume
  2. Dave the Diver PS5. About half way through, starting to make decent money, rice is a bottle neck right now. Hoping to wrap up before Fallout4 comes out

Story complete ✅
Platinum/100٪ ❌️ (will do eventually)

8.5/10 (For a Harry Potter fan, probably knock a point or two off for non fans as a Ubi open world clone, with a lot of extra special HP touches here and there)

Completed the story and collectibles 100% with Hufflepuff (wanted to see Azkaban)

My honest advice? Mainline the story until you get the broom

I loved the game, but it is bloated. You could easily cut out the Southern section on the map and most of the Merlin trails. Spent far too much time in RoR and then it changed size and ruined the layout! Shame you can't change seasons at end of game!
rI5EyJb.jpg
Story complete ✅
Platinum/100٪ ✅

5/10 (Game is fine. Worth a few hours of your time? Maybe, if you have nothing else on, & can get this for free/cheap, quick & easy playthrough in an afternoon)

I needed a quick, easy game as a palate cleaner after Hogwarts slightly bloated open world

I saw this on PS+ Extra, looked into it and found it was a quick puzzle game, platted it in about 4 hours. It was OK!
dOHlKAc.jpg
Story complete ✅
DLC complete ❌️ (not owned)
Platinum/100٪ ❌️ (never due to MP trophies)

8.5/10 (Biased score as the game seems almost made specifically for my tastes. But I very much enjoyed it!)

Completed the story after about 70hrs of playtime, though I was vastly overpowered towards the end so you could skip some sidequests to bring time down!

I loved this game! RTS/light rpg/fantasy story mix

Played it via PS+ Extra, but will keep my eyes open for a sale on the game with the 2 DLC campaigns. Want to do a 2nd run at some point for the prison clothes run and a few mission specific trophies

Base building like Starcraft on some maps, sometimes a choice/sometimes forcing you to play as 1 of 3 different races with race specific buildings/units/upgrades. Its like someone designed this game for me and my likes

The voice of Geralt of Rivia also appears as a main-ish character, caught a few other popular voice over celebs in there too!
Bbebbz4.jpg
Story complete ✅
DLC complete ✅️ (not VR missions as I don't own PSVR)
Platinum/100٪ ❌️ (I'll never Platinum due to MP trophies)

8/10 (Looks good and plays well. Silly but very enjoyable campaign. Loads of aircraft, weapons and upgrades, with secret tasks and challenges for every level. Recommend!)

I had played this at a friend's house ages ago, but had since forgotten about it, then I saw it the Top Gun version is on sale for about £11. I also used some of my PS stars points to get money off!

Ive been playing it on and off since then and I love it! I don't usually play flight sim/arcade games, so have been surprised how much I like this, it is also my first AC game, so I have no idea about backstory or history, but I didn't feel held back by this as a newcomer to the series

The story is ridiculous but God is it fun to play! I do think I'll understand the story a bit more if I watch the cinematic mission replays, to catch all the radio chatter that I missed due to concentrating on killing drones

And that full name...If you've played the campaign you'll know exactly what I'm talking about lol 😆

Currently replaying to kill all the Aces, pick up other medals and cash to buy parts

FiYDJUI.jpg
Story complete ✅
DLC complete ❌️ (not owned)

7/10 (playing on my own, probably 7+ with friends. 3 people/bots vs Hordes of Aliens with good set dressing/sound effects, care of details to guns. A good Aliens game!)

If Alien Isolation is a great "Alien" game, then AFE is a great "Aliens" game in my opinion!
Good selection of classes/skills/guns. It looks and sounds perfect. Runs can be done quickly, interesting challenges to increase difficulty/rewards

Ive fully completed the missions and collected all the intel, most of the weapons and im slowly leveling the guns and loadouts!

Im pretty comfortable on intense with the helper bots, looking to push onto the next difficulties, but reading reddit, it looks like I need other humans to help out with the higher difficulties?

Keeping an eye out for sale on DLC for the last campaign

pXEare2.jpg

9kfB1Ni.jpg
Story complete ✅
Platinum/100٪ ✅

5/10 (The game was fine! Not bad, but certainly not great. Easyish, quick playthrough in a few hours at most)

Quick and easy little story driven puzzle game. 2/3 hour platinum. Was leaving PS+ so thought I'd give it a go. Nice game to break up the big 60hr+ open world/rpg's and ongoing games. Story was fine. Game crashed on me a few times, but didn't lose any data/time thanks to frequent autosaves

Mthgnyn.jpg
Story complete ❌
DLC complete ❌️ (not started)

4/10 AC game
8/10 Pirate game

Rose tinted nostalgic glasses have given me a warped view of Black Flag. It's about 10 years since I played it on xbox360, and I remember loving it! Since then Ubisoft have made some vast improvements to thier games (much better traversal/climbing), and also taken horrible steps backwards and sideways (making massive, uninteresting maps filled with pointless collectables)

Black Flag as a pirate game in a decent sized world is awesome. Upgrading the Jackdaw, sailing further into harder areas, taking on bigger ships and forts. Even the side activities like diving to wrecks, whale hunting and raiding Plantations are fun and quick enough to not outstay their welcome. The cast of characters is fun to be around, and hits hard when certain characters get killed in the pirate side of the story

Black Flag as an AC game is terrible. The controls for Edward are the worst Ive come across by far since Ive gone back to complete the various AC games I'd started and abandoned over the years. An over abundance of "listen to these boring conversations whilst staying in this tiny circle" missions. The Assassin/Templar story is stupid and the real life/current time missions are pointless and only harm the pacing

If you are on the water, the game is a joy, sailing about listening to Pirate Shanties, plundering, boarding ships, and looks gorgeous, even now!
On the land its a slog of a game, that controls horribly, looks very dated and has the worst of Ubi/AC faults

I am literally at the end of the story (just escaped from the Observatory and killed Roberts), having done 11of the 13 main story missions, but I am so bored and tired of the game I'm finding it hard to just do the last few missions to "complete" it

I had been looking forward to both the upcoming, and very late, pirate game from Ubi, and the potential Black Flag remake, but replaying this now, Im done with it. If I want my pirate fix I can load up this and sail around for 30 minutes

I'm potentially abandoning this game, even though I'm so close to the end
Story complete ️✅
Platinum/100٪ ❌

8/10 (Slightly biased score from an Alien(s) fan I admit, but now all the [game] bugs have been squished, I enjoyed it immensely. Doesn't fuck with the main Alien story/lore)

I love (modern) alien games, but I'm also a bit of a wuss, so I only play them for short bursts or I exhaust myself lol (also why I like A:FTE, runs can be done in 15-20 mins), so to have an Aliens game that's a mix of Fallout Shelter/Xcom base building, Xcom soldier training/upgrades & RTS with an ever angrier alien threat, gives me more room to breath & play in a way I like

Ive completed the story, dont know if I have the nerve to go through it on harder difficulties. Im considering this "complete" for the challenege

PviBIjp.jpg
Story complete ✅
DLC complete ✅
Platinum/100٪ ❌ (May do a speedrun on "Supernova" difficulty at some stage to mop up last few trophies)

7.5/10 (due to the DLC stories/weapons. Good game with not enough enemy varieties, nothing special about story that I'll remember 1 year from now) Without DLC -1.5 off the score. It was really that, that saved the score!

The Spacers Edition was a new game that appeared recently on PS+ Extra, I've been unpatiently waiting on the best Bethesda game in the last few years to turn up, that's right... Starfield Fallout4 remaster, so this scratched that itch a little

On paper, character upgrades look good, with lots of areas to improve or upgrade depending on the toon you want to spec out, but realistically most of the stats were pointless except for main-ing one of the speech skills & tech/science. Without these you'll miss huge portions of the game with constant checks for speech & getting into rooms/secret areas or on computers, or upgrading weapons/armour with both Sci/Tech

It's fine & standard as RPG's go. The main story was a little daft, but we're in the future with wacky science stuff going on, so it is what it is. I much preferred the DLC story "Murder..." even if it is a rehash of various other tropes/films/TV series/games. "Peril..." was good too, but should have been main game story in my opinion. I wish I'd started them earlier as they had much better guns & armour that would have suited me in the end game for the main story

I assume they are making a 2nd one? I'd play it if they did

Not as good as FO4 (which i liked), but looked prettier, loaded much, much faster & had more colours than just brown/grey/green, which was nice!

mMuyhBx.jpg
Story complete ❌ (slowly doing this️)
Platinum/100٪ ❌️ (on the way, managed to boost some of the MP trophies!)

6.5/10 (Good, not great. I got enjoyment out of it)

First time playing BB tabletop or video game. Xcom/American Football mix? Apart from casually watching a few Superb Owls I have no idea about hand egg ball. Strangely though I'm enjoying it! Need a few campaign trophies but I'm confidently calling this complete!
mRBBm1z.jpg
Story complete ❌
Platinum/100٪ ❌️ (never I imagine)

2.5/10 (Not worth the time, played worse historically, but nothing beats this so far this year)

Was seeing this as a poor man's Ubi AgeOfEmpires? The games not terrible...its just boring and the trophies are tedious. Ok it's pretty terrible

Firstly, the store says that by buying the game you get the PS5+PS4 version. There's no such thing as a PS5 version of this game. It got cancelled, so you're stuck with the fine looking, but slower loading PS4 version. Meh. Feel free to private msg me if you want to know more and I'll dissuade you from buying it hopefully!

That's 2 Ubi games I've abandoned this year now...not looking good is it? 🤔
Story complete ✅
Platinum/100٪ ✅

5.5/10 - Its fine

A port of the old PC game from the 90's. Bought it for super cheap, it's a couple of quid on the latest PlayStation store offers, I remember having some fun with it on PC a long time ago

I got my monies worth I suppose so I cant complain. Works better if you're British, having grown up in 80's/Early 90's as there are lots of little references & jokes. If you're outside of the UK and are younger than 35 you won't find much to like here

Straightforward little city construction game. Got my nostalgia hit, and a shiny Platinum trophy from it, as well as another completed game for this list!

CkUQKtA.jpg
Story complete ✅
Platinum/100٪ ✅

7/10 - Lovely (and quick) indie game with very, very light platforming & music memory puzzles

I'd already got the plat for the PS5 version last year, I saw this was leaving PS+, I knew I had a few hours to spare today so I quickly got through it and enjoyed my time again!

HzqC5ZK.jpeg
Story complete ✅
DLC complete ❌️ Don't own all DLC
Platinum/100٪ ✅

8/10 - I'm a fan of City Builders/Theme Park sims & Dinosaurs so this is a good combo for me

Played this over the last few months, usualy with South Park or MST3K on in the background, or an audiobook/podcast. Can get quite tricky on some of the challenges maps

hpaj1xR.jpeg

Iron Harvest. RTS based on alt ww1 with steampunky mechs. Very much a budget title. Cut scenes are graphically bad. I like the game though, setting, ideas, era of time I'm interested in. Technically on pause whilst I play other things

Hitman World of Assassination. Had got all the hitmans via PS+ over various years, never touched them for unknown reasons. Decided to give it a go and I'm loving the slow, methodical walkthroughs that then lead to some super quick and fun runs with daft kills. I'm not sure if I'm playing correctly, I got through to Marrakesh, then decided to go back and try to 100% the challenges on previous levels. Done everything I can up until Sapienza so far! Technically on pause whilst I play other things

Kings Bounty II PS5 - Saw it on offer a month or 2 ago, thought it looked up my street
Only played about 15 mins of it, will see if I pick it back up

Lego City Undercover PS4 - Started it a long time ago on disc and sold it. Seen its now included on PS+, so may get back to it

Marvels Guardians of the Galaxy PS5 - got half way through and dropped out. Just need to get through it

Vampire the Masquerade Swansong PS4/5 - its on PS+, may go through it, if it's decent I may double plat it on both PS4/5. Does that count as 2 games 🤔

Last edited:
Top Bottom