• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC

rahuljx

Im on chapter 8 and its been a long time since I felt so strongly about an RPG. This is up there for me although I need to see how it ends before I decide... Some of the moments at the end of each chapter are so beautiful. So far it hasnt taken a step wrong, and this is coming from someone who found FC slow and uneventful (till the end).

Ascheroth

one of these days I'll continue playing this

I got past the training section in the prologue then realized I still had like 100+ hours in the game and got discouraged to continue because I didn't want to put the investment then. And I don't know if I can put it now. One of these days I will but I gotta push myself to do so.

I loved the first, but this one seems so overwhelming in size.

I have 93 hours and did pretty much everything there was to do as well as talked to most NPCs. And ~10 hours alone are probably from playing poker :p.
I thought I would easily get over 100 hours as well before I started, but it turned out it's not that long.

Fou-Lu

1. Jesus Christ Joshua is a beast. Even more so than in the first game.

2. Yay! His eyes are back to normal.

3. He better stay in my damn party now.

The first half of SC is pretty slow.
Then the shit-just-got-real-machine explodes and shit gets real all over the country, ending in a Grand Finale in Shitjustgotreal-Land

Enjoy the ride you have ahead.

Fou-Lu

I think I am about at the end of Chapter 8. I noticed I was missing Gambler Jack Vol 2 and it looks like you can still get it in Chapter 8 if you head to Ruan. So after finishing up Rolent that's where I am going. Then back to Grancel to see the Queen.

Love having Zane in my party now that I have realized the majesty of the Thunder God Kick!

Fou-Lu

Loewe is such a brutal battle. Need to put that Time Gem on someone so they can cast Earth Wall faster I think.

Now that I am nearing the end, how do the Trails of Cold Steel games compare?

I found the Cold Steel games' larger plot more exciting compared to Sky but inferior character-wise (thus far, as the Cold Steel chronicle hasn't concluded yet).

Apart from those, if you liked the world-building of the Sky games, the Cold Steel games would not disappoint in that department.

Fou-Lu

That ending was so sweet and well done, it reminded me of the ending of Xenogears in some ways. I have so many questions left though! Aaah! I knew something was fishy with Kevin, but that final scene with Weismann just makes me want to play the 3rd all the more. How connected are Trails in the Sky and Trails of Cold Steel? I know ToCS takes place in the Erebonian Empire and is sometime after Trails in the Sky. I am guessing that the Society of Ouroboros is still the enemy but I guess we'll see. I feel like Estelle and Joshua are still ripe for another game starring them, perhaps for the true final showdown with the Society?

preta

That ending was so sweet and well done, it reminded me of the ending of Xenogears in some ways. I have so many questions left though! Aaah! I knew something was fishy with Kevin, but that final scene with Weismann just makes me want to play the 3rd all the more. How connected are Trails in the Sky and Trails of Cold Steel? I know ToCS takes place in the Erebonian Empire and is sometime after Trails in the Sky. I am guessing that the Society of Ouroboros is still the enemy but I guess we'll see. I feel like Estelle and Joshua are still ripe for another game starring them, perhaps for the true final showdown with the Society?

Estelle and Joshua's story is over, at least for now. Kevin and a new character are the protagonists of The 3rd, although Estelle and Joshua do appear in it.

As for how connected CS is... it's not that directly connected to FC and SC but the connections to The 3rd are much stronger.

SephLuis

Now come to the community OT to wait for the 3rd, play the CS games and pray for the Crossbell arc in english.

I am in a trails marathon so, without any spoilers, the 3rd expands the lore of the Zemuria continent so you will see a little bit about the situation in Crossbell and Erebonia.

Cold Steel tells a story in Erebonia (I am currently playing CS1) and is more connected to The 3rd and the Crossbell games (Trails in the Zero and Trails in the Azure) from what I saw so far. Though, I believe you can probably understand the story in CS1/CS2 even without having played The 3rd and the Crossbell games.

Top Bottom