• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: The Wire

Status
Not open for further replies.

eot

Banned
I have a hard time ranking the themes, but I know that I think the one for Season 4 is the best and I'd probably pick the S1 one second.

I like the S1 opening theme best, but S4 is great for its uniqueness.
S4 Theme got to me after a while, but the S2 theme is so powerful and possibly more unique. actually sounds like a preacher.

Quoted for easy reference

norm9

The Shield has one of the best pilots I've ever seen, so try it out and i'm sure it'll hook you in.

And it also takes place in a compressed time period of about one year(?) like Breaking Bad. Once you get past the first few episodes, it starts getting really focused and by the third season, it's bananas.

xevis

Banned
I think season 2 might be my favorite. I love the politics on the docks and I think the Sobotkas are really well realized. Even Ziggy. It's a slow burn but character drama and sociopolitical commentary are what attracted me to the show in the first place.

I started rewatching the show last night (for the 4th time) and there was something I didn't understand.

In the first episode, not even 10 minutes in, why does Levy as Mr. Gant if he had seen the defendant before the day in question?

He answers no, which I assume would be the expected answer? Either way I don't see the point in this question. Especially considering he quickly said "no further questions" afterwards. Is this just a formality in court?

I started rewatching the show last night (for the 4th time) and there was something I didn't understand.

In the first episode, not even 10 minutes in, why does Levy as Mr. Gant if he had seen the defendant before the day in question?

He answers no, which I assume would be the expected answer? Either way I don't see the point in this question. Especially considering he quickly said "no further questions" afterwards. Is this just a formality in court?

Yeah, i mean i guess it to establish if there is any previous contact and so to determine whether Gant is a passer by witness or has previous beef. Maybe Lawyer GAF can comment.

Ive just started a re-watch - up to season 3 within a week and a half. So easy to eat up these shows.

Yeah, i mean i guess it to establish if there is any previous contact and so to determine whether Gant is a passer by witness or has previous beef. Maybe Lawyer GAF can comment.

Ive just started a re-watch - up to season 3 within a week and a half. So easy to eat up these shows.

I asked a friend and he thought it was to establish that Gant had no previous knowledge of D'angelo. Which I guess helps because eye witness testimonies are spotty in court, so this hurts his credibility.

Either way, now I'm on episode 7 and it's still great. I think I'll skip season 2 this time around though.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Just Finished it.

Brilliant. Thought the last season was the weakest, although I loved the montage in the last five minutes.

The symmetry of it all get a bit weird too, Michael is the new Omar, Sydnor the new Lester/Jimmy etc etc

Still one of the best shows I've ever had the pleasure to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom