• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LucasArts: "Amazing news coming Monday [...] awesome news for our old school fans"

Status
Not open for further replies.

VideoMan

30% Failure Rate
Old?

From the official LucasArts twitter.

Amazing news coming Monday! Super excited! You have no idea how tough it is not to start yelling about it! But it's secret! Until Monday!
Okay, we will do hints. It is awesome news for our old school fans. (anything more direct might get me in trouble)
Monday, early, actually. I suppose if the president of the company messages me to leak it I would. Til then, it is teasing. Sorry guys.
I hope I don't disappoint. I know this is something I was asking for since before I worked at LucasArts.
I did say nothing to do with new IP people! Keep guessing though. I might have to retweet the guy who figures it out...

So to sum up:

- Announcement coming early Monday.
- Based on an existing LucasArts IP.
- Should please old school LucasArts fans.

Speculate away, GAF!

Enk

makes good threads.
Monkey Island IV!

Ok seriously, a Maniac Masion and Full Throttle sequel are long overdue.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
but i don't like lucasarts anymore. and new monkey island games already got announced.

sorry for the pessimism, but i don't trust that company with the old adventure games at all.

Darklord

Banned
Enk said:
Monkey Island IV!

Ok seriously, a Maniac Masion and Full Throttle sequel are long overdue.

Can't imagine it being Full Throttle considering the last two titles in the series were both canned.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Manny Manny Manny Manny Manny Manny Manny Manny Manny Manny Manny

Teknopathetic said:
I'm guessing it'll be a LucasArts superpack like the iD superpack.
You'd think after the endless bitching on internet messageboards that it would have gotten into their thick skulls. Pity at this point I've no interest in giving LucasArts another dime.

Glad that some new people might get to enjoy their games.
Splatt said:
Day of the Tentacle HD Remake?
Do you have any idea how much that would cost and how little money that would generate?

vanguardian1

poor, homeless and tasteless
Variable said:
Oh wait, maybe it's a Tie Fighter or X-Wing remake for consoles?

Any attempt at recreating a new X-wing/Tie Fighter for ANY of the consoles would end in shambles in comparison to the originals. A new Rogue Squadron, however, would work fine.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Splatt said:
Jeez, don't have to be a party pooper...
Would you like a party Popper instead?

4hqbyc.jpg

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Joe Shlabotnik said:
No Tim, no sale.

That kind of goes for any of the wet-dream sequels, though.

True that.

I want Manny because I love and miss Manny, but I don't want him to return a changed man.

Mrbob

LucasArts Superpack would be amazing! Gimme! I lent my Grim Fandango disc to a friend years ago, he moved off and I never got it back. I want to play it again!

DMczaf said:
LucasArts coming to Steam!

:(

The list will continue to grow!

Polk

VideoMan said:
- Announcement coming early Monday.
- Based on an existing LucasArts IP.
- Should please old school LucasArts fans.

Speculate away, GAF!

Release date of Monkey Island: SE

GDGF

Soothsayer
Maybe they've redone X -Wing vs Tie Fighter with next gen graphics or something to that effect.

test_account

XP-39C²
Cool news, thanks for posting this! :) I am wondering what news it is.

TheJollyCorner said:
a third Maniac Mansion game please.
That would be amazing, especially if they made it with the same 2d graphics style that Day of the Tentacle has :)

Megapack coming to Steam or iPhone. We're not going to get anymore remake announcement before the Secret remake sells well.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
I would die of a joy attack if it was a new X-Wing/Tie Fighter game but life isn't that good. I suspect it'll be some rerelease of classic games or somesuch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom