• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon for Wii U? wtf? [Up: Now at Best Buys]

Ugh. Enough with the ports. Do we know who's behind this game? They better not be wasting Next Level's time when they could be making a new game like they did with Retro on MK7.

Mileena

Banned
Since I haven't played any of them, I'd be more than okay with Wii U ports of Luigi's Mansion, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, Kid Icarus: Uprising and Bayonetta.

If you switched out Kid Icarus with a good game that would actually be a solid lineup of ports. I'd buy them all.

As sad as this sounds, this and the New Super Mario Bros + Luigi U would actually get me to buy a WiiU as weird as that sounds. I'd be down for Pikmin, Wonderful 101, ZombiU and a few others, but there hasn't been anything yet that has basically got me to want to drop $250 or in the past $300 on a WiiU.

Tohsaka

With a higher poly count and detailed textures, along with improved shaders, Luigi's Mansion 2 would look pretty great on Wii U.

So would Xenoblade.

I'd buy Xenoblade HD in a heartbeat, but not LM2. The game is only 7 months old, I'm going to regret buying it on 3DS if I had any idea it'd be coming to Wii U with much better graphics and dual analog.

maxcriden

Indeed. CTR is the codename for 3DS stuff (it's actually how people discovered that the battery inside the Pro Controller was the same as the OG 3DS). For the Wii U, it's WUP. Actually, I have an awfully wild theory, but it's not worth posting imo.

Let's hear it!

Neifirst

Is there any actual reason that Kid Icarus: Uprising keeps being mentioned?

Did you play it? It is apparent how much time and care went into crafting that game and it could benefit tremendously by incorporating wii remote controls, hd graphics, and having that masterful soundtrack coming out of a 5.1 system. Being a lefty, I had some trouble with the controls, but still enjoyed the experience and anything to beef up the 2014 Wii U release schedule should be welcomed in my opinion.

Shiggy

Indeed. CTR is the codename for 3DS stuff (it's actually how people discovered that the battery inside the Pro Controller was the same as the OG 3DS). For the Wii U, it's WUP. Actually, I have an awfully wild theory, but it's not worth posting imo.

Please do so, no teasing.

Sanke__

So, thinking about, I suppose it wouldn't be unusual for this to be an error.

Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon Wii U has a UPC number of 045496680145, and the model code CTRNAGGE. Googling either brings up results, as others have mentioned. Issue is that CTRNAGGE is not a Wii U registry code. It's a 3DS code. It is different to the 3DS version by one letter, the latter reading CTRPAGGE. 045496680145, however, does not show up as a registered UPC code.

I guess someone could have hit the wrong database numbers. After all, CTRNAGGE isn't being drawn by the main Best Buy site, but instead their business subsidiary. If an issue did occur somewhere in a database, it wouldn't be just one site getting the wrong readings. It would be multiple. And that's what gives you multiple incorrect listings from different retailers. A lot of this stuff is automated.

sounds to me like this listing is meant to be the luigi's mansion 3ds bundle

L~A

Let's hear it!

Please do so, no teasing.

Ok, but don't laugh please.
I thought it could be some sort of test game for "cross-platform" offer from Nintendo. You'd buy the game on 3DS, and you could also use it on Wii U. That'd explain why the code is CTR (not WUP), since it'd still be a 3DS game, technically speaking.

Now you can laugh.

sounds to me like this listing is meant to be the luigi's mansion 3ds bundle

Hmm... interesting theory, but why would the code be so similar to the original?

It was a joke guys.

What was?

maxcriden

I thought it could be some sort of test game for "cross-platform" offer from Nintendo. You'd buy the game on 3DS, and you could also use it on Wii U. That'd explain why the code is CTR (not WUP), since it'd still be a 3DS game, technically speaking.

Now you can laugh.

Not laughing. I like your theory, and I wish it were the case. I do think it's unlikely though given the big N's history of keeping their handheld and console libraries separate.

Yes, yes, jokes about Mario 3D World...

Not laughing. I like your theory, and I wish it were the case. I do think it's unlikely though given the big N's history of keeping their handheld and console libraries separate.

Yes, yes, jokes about Mario 3D World...

They had the Super Gameboy and the Gameboy Player, so something similar for the Wii U probably wouldn't be out of the question.

Banned

Now you can laugh.

Hmm... interesting theory, but why would the code be so similar to the original?

What was?
Xenoblade looking Dreamcast level graphics lol.

Did you play it? It is apparent how much time and care went into crafting that game and it could benefit tremendously by incorporating wii remote controls, hd graphics, and having that masterful soundtrack coming out of a 5.1 system. Being a lefty, I had some trouble with the controls, but still enjoyed the experience and anything to beef up the 2014 Wii U release schedule should be welcomed in my opinion.

I did, and I would definitely prefer it on Wii U. I was asking because I wasn't sure if I was just witnessing GAF speculation or if there was a rumor at work.

Yanikun

Banned
Didnt we just get a Direct like 2 days ago, dude let it go, we wont get another one till Jan, for a 2014 titles preview.

Doubtful. I don't think there's ever been two months without a Direct. The last one was on October 1st so chances are high that there will be another one at some point in 2013.

BD1

Banned
Didnt we just get a Direct like 2 days ago, dude let it go, we wont get another one till Jan, for a 2014 titles preview.

There will be another Direct this year, if for nothing else to hype Mario 3D World and the Zelda 3DS Bundle. There may or may not be any new news.

Guess he saw some Dolphin screenshots, which sometimes do make games look worse.
XBLADEREV03.jpg
Man would I be all over a Xenoblade HD re-release to warm up for X. Do it, Nintendo.

We get monthly directs...so we get, at least, two more.
I doubt they will show new trailers for upcoming 2014 games but they will try to hype Mario 3D World.

Lijik

and also reggie comes out and says "ahahhaa owned this is the real gtav and it's a time exclusived for the wiiu and you guys got the fake version" and then he wheels the real one and it's the same game but your dudes have jetpacks now and there's a metroid themed bonus mission

i would buy GTA V: reggieopolis ten times over if it had jetpacks holy shit

MDX

We could be seeing the fruits from the following:

Nintendo will be unifying its previously separated handheld and console development structure under this unified development headquarters. This is Nintendo's first large-scale dev. structural change in 9 years. The unification is being done to promote sharing of know-how, basic skills, and to optimize development. Nintendo also aims to increase linkage between handheld and home consoles, along with raising their (as in their consoles and handhelds') affinity with the internet. Nintendo hopes this structural change will lead to the development of revolutionary new hardware.

Banned
That's got me thinking about an all in one Nintendo machine. Basically a handheld that streams to the TV, half Wii u, half 2ds and that'd give their dev teams more time to make more games as they're being stretched too thin between a HD console and the 3DS. A Wii U you can leave the house with, a DS you can use with your TV. Could be glorious.

L~A

Yup, that's exactly what I was thinking about, but I'm not expecting anything before next-gen. I think a cross-platform scheme is much more likely than a unified console, which could only lead to a) an underpowered home console AND/OR b) an over-priced handheld...... but that's quite OT there, so I'm gonna stop right there!

jakomocha

Sorry to bump this old post, but has anything really come from this? Didn't Best Buy have it up also? It's just odd that they would both have knowledge of it so far before its release (assuming it's actually gonna happen). Maybe we'll see something at E3 this year...

Banned
The same thing was listed for Kid Icarus for Wii U a couple years ago. How did that come along lol? Altough Next Level Games is rumored to be working on a Wii U game.

Edit: Awww wtf man, it was a bump. Nvm.

JKSeVhY.gif

TomShoe

Banned
Sorry to bump this old post, but has anything really come from this? Didn't Best Buy have it up also? It's just odd that they would both have knowledge of it so far before its release (assuming it's actually gonna happen). Maybe we'll see something at E3 this year...

The rumor has died out since the OP, though there may be some hope at E3. I wouldn't get my hopes up.

muteant

if something had come of this, do you really think the thread would have stopped where it had without further commentary prior to your bump?

jakomocha

Sorry didn't mean to get all your hopes high :( . I'm an idiot.

if something had come of this, do you really think the thread would have stopped where it had without further commentary prior to your bump?
I just found it odd that it was uploaded onto two separate reliable retailers and then nothing came of it.

Top Bottom