• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon has online multiplayer (OP updated)

Nekki

Screenies:

ibcdF3EiOWcxFB.bmp

Alright can somebody replace the background here with Abbey Road? Also this sounds fantastic.

I kinda wonder if Kid Icarus Uprising pushed the development team for this game to do more. That game really set a new bar for Nintendo.

That's exactly what I was referring to when I compared LM and KI:U earlier in the thread and it ended up turning into a fight over KI:U's controls.

Hale-XF11

That's exactly what I was referring to when I compared LM and KI:U earlier in the thread and it ended up turning into a fight over KI:U's controls.

I'm thinking it won't reach as high as Uprising did, but if the multiplayer modes are addicting enough, then maybe we'll see ourselves playing LM for quite some time. It would be nice to have something outside of Mario Kart 7, Revelaitons and Uprising to have as a regular online game that always delivers fun.

btw, I'm probably going to go digital with this game, mainly because of online multiplayer. I'm thinking I'd eventually like to have all my favorite online games right there on my 3DS at all times.

eternalb

Who cares? Why isn't this game on Wii U?

Agreed. It would be a perfect fit for the controller. Standard view on TV, FPS vacuum view on the GamePad, with full freedom of movement. And you could even *tug* on the Ghost to increase the suction.

Dammit, why hasn't that happened?!

VICI0US

neat.

while I also cursed the Kid Icarus delays I really ended up enjoying the multiplayer mode.

hope the added wait will be worth it for LM as well.

DaBoss

It has online! That is great news. Though I haven't beaten the original Luigi's Mansion. I only played it at a McDonald's a long time ago. I've seen it at a pawn shop for $5, should I bite?

OT: I upgraded to an XL today, it just feels so much better than the OG model, but the coolest thing is Pikmin "moved" the data over lol.

TrickRoom

I thought this game was pretty cool, but this might just pull me off the fence to get this. I know a lot of friends that will probably want this, and it'd be fun to play with them.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Who cares? Why isn't this game on Wii U?

The original Luigi's Mansion was designed as a showcase for stereoscopic 3D from the very beginning, as Nintendo was planning to use it for the Gamecube in one form or another, so I'm sure they saw it as a natural fit for the 3DS.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
I hope there's a demo.
I won't buy it blindly since I firmly believe rumble+dual analog were the things that made the first game's mechanics so fun. I still play it occasionally on Wii's bc...

Off topic: Hopefully Wave Race doesn't end up being on 3DS, although I'd be ok with an HD remake of Blue Storm with some extra content and online multi.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Demo would be awesome. I hope they announce it soon.

If Fire Emblem can get one...

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Played it but only for an hour or two.

Hunters kept me going for months because of the online. <3

Metroid isn't my series no matter how many chances I give it.

Edit- I also didn't say it was the best, just that it was my favorite. It's obvious all three of the other Metroid games I played are higher quality products but I didn't have as much fun with them.

fernoca

Multiplayer mode looks great. Game keeps looking better and better.

Glad with the online-confirmation too. I didn't mind, but seeing over the last days a few writing off Nintendo and the usual "lol Nintendo doesn't add online WTF?!!!" even when there was no info at all; was ...interesting. :p

jokkir

When is this game coming out again? Can't search the thread since I'm on mobile. I think this will be my next 3DS game

donny2112

Edit- I also didn't say it was the best, just that it was my favorite. It's obvious all three of the other Metroid games I played are higher quality products but I didn't have as much fun with them.

Oh, yeah, that's completely reasonable. MP gives MP:H more of a life than the others. Metroid's core is really about exploring and being rewarded with whole new areas for trying out getting to new places with your new abilities. MP:H wasn't really about that, but if you liked the way FPS was done on DS (I still prefer the MP:H demo-only control method of touch where you want to shoot), it was a good game to go with.

Rran

I don't know if it's just because I expected the multiplayer to be a feature shoehorned into the game, but it looks really, really freakin' great.

one_kill

Reminds me of Ghost Busters! I'll be playing this with my friends while having the Ghost Busters theme on the background.

DaBoss

Played it but only for an hour or two.

Hunters kept me going for months because of the online. <3

Metroid isn't my series no matter how many chances I give it.

Haha, fair enough. I'm a huge Metroid Prime Trilogy and Super Metroid fanboy, so yea don't mind me.

I got the GCN version so I am gonna play it over the weekend.

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
The original Luigi's Mansion was designed as a showcase for stereoscopic 3D from the very beginning, as Nintendo was planning to use it for the Gamecube in one form or another, so I'm sure they saw it as a natural fit for the 3DS.
I can certainly see that. The game seemed like a natural fit for the Wii, the Wiimote and nunchuck screams Luigi's Mansion 2. Perhaps the name-change is indicative that Nintendo is still reserving a console version in the future.

javac

Looks like game title is back to just "Luigi's Mansion 2" here in Europe. "Dark Moon" stays for America.

They call it LM2 in our official PR and they've modified our boxart:

We also got some cool (new?) artworks.

Excellent news! Surprised why they changed the name in America? I'm certain having 2 at the end would indicate that its a more high quality title, since its the successor to a well loved game?

Successors aren't always better and higher quality, but in the public eye its more the likely going to be seen as a better game the 'Dark moon' that sounds like a spin off. Hope it sells well :(

zroid

Banned
TBH, id rather have 4 luigis than for them to use Mii's. If its not something like nintendoland where the actual characters for the games arent present, then sure, bring on the Mii's.

Actually I think I'd have preferred Miis, lol. It never even crossed my mind before you mentioned it. o_o

Probably because I haven't yet played any 3DS game that uses Miis. I don't have an actual problem with four Luigis though, this really isn't the sort of thing that bothers me.

Mael

Local download-play MP & Online MP?

This game is suddenly a lot more on my radar than it was before.

For real! I was basically putting this game on a lower priority than Paper Mario and I was never aware that that game was even out.
Now I'm actually nearly preordering this game!

For real! I was basically putting this game on a lower priority than Paper Mario and I was never aware that that game was even out.
Now I'm actually nearly preordering this game!

I don't really have many 3DS games I can play with friends aside from KI (skipped out on MK) so this would be a very valuable asset to my 3DS.

Mael

I don't really have many 3DS games I can play with friends aside from KI (skipped out on MK) so this would be a very valuable asset to my 3DS.

Well if it was local only I would have not bothered either, but since it's online with 1cart local I mean it enough to make me look it up.
And the more I look at it the better it becomes ...so

Top Bottom