• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon has online multiplayer (OP updated)

Penguin

Yep, that trailer is very explicit about the multiplayer being online. It's good to see they went with my Four Swords idea for the game, too.

The bitching pile is finally at an end!

One mode
no voice chat
It's not competitive

People can find something!

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
The only possible downside is the mentioned "frustrating controls"...but then again, I never had a problem with DKCR waggle-rolling, SS' swordplay, or Kid Icarus' analog-touchscreen combo, so, eh.

MEATfast

Banned
Oh fuck yes. As if this game couldn't get any better. This game better sell well. I want more Luigi's Mansion in my future!

PK Gaming

dear god please let it be luigi vs waluigi

there's 0% chance of this happening i'm afraid

Nintendo hates putting Waluigi in their mainline titles. It'll probably be Luigi + Luigi clones or Luigi + Toads :/

It'd be cool if it was Mario, Luigi, Wario and Yoshi.

Neiteio

This is fantastic news! OP, I'd recommend deleting the old posts, everything but the latest updates explaining the "scarescraper" and such. People need to know the good news!!

zroid

Banned
This is fantastic news! OP, I'd recommend deleting the old posts, everything but the latest updates explaining the "scarescraper" and such. People need to know the good news!!

I changed it to reverse chronological order so it should be more readable now

Hale-XF11

omg, there's an endless 'scarescraper' mode that goes on forever. The more I read and see about this, the happier I get!

zroid

Banned
There's a PR now

MULTIPLAYER MODE MAKES A GHOSTLY APPEARANCE IN LUIGI'S MANSION: DARK MOON

Jan. 24, 2013

Nintendo has revealed new information about Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon launching exclusively for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems on March 24. Luigi stumbles through multiple mansions to capture ghosts and solve puzzles armed with his trusty ghost-catching vacuum cleaner, the Poltergust 5000, and in a series first, the game will feature local and online multiplayer modes, as well as Download Play capabilities.

Join up with up to four players and journey into the ScareScraper, which is jam-packed with paranormal creatures. Additional systems and games may be required for multiplayer modes and are sold separately. In Hunter Mode, each player controls a different color Luigi and is challenged to hunt down ghosts and use effective teamwork to clear each floor of the tower before the clock strikes zero. Bonuses and upgrades can be earned depending on how well the team performs. There are also boss battles at the top of each tower. Players can choose the number of floors in this mode ranging from five, 10 or 25. They can adjust the difficulty to cater to both new and veteran gamers. Fallen players can even be revived by their teammates to keep the adventure going.

When Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon launches on March 24, shoppers can purchase the packaged game as usual at retail locations nationwide. Or they can simply purchase and download the game on their own from the Nintendo eShop using a wireless broadband connection. Regardless of their purchasing method, the game sells for a suggested retail price of $39.99. For more information about Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, visit http://luigismansion.nintendo.com.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Wow. The online multiplayer actually sounds really fun!

zroid

Banned
ibcMf5SnFnw9Jn.bmp
jXREO5O7ik4Kd.jpg

jUhsatYRDvHXb.jpg
jBPo9E3UWzC2I.jpg

inqP1E7P6K3LY.bmp
ifeXcIwzS1VQS.bmp

ibcdF3EiOWcxFB.bmp
iSTRExybv4ngJ.bmp

ibrfqqQg8z8b6K.bmp
iUEyI10RWuevd.bmp

Its an online coop "dungeon crawler" WOW

The only thing i dont like is that they used Luigi clones, a not Mario, Wario and Waluigi.
Of how Next Level usually thinks that was probably the proposition, and of how Nintendo usually thinks im pretty sure they were them the ones that said "no, use luigi clones".

Top Bottom