• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon has online multiplayer (OP updated)

Eh, Kid Icarus controls are terrible for the ground sections of the game

I can't replay it on my XL

In all honesty the game would have been 10x better on the Wii

qq more

Kid Icarus is playable. The cramp I get is another story and I'm more willing to blame the 3DS' grip because it's awful. I even had a bit of it when I was playing NSMB2 sometimes (especially when it came to collecting reallly tough star coins). Are the grip accessories good enough to prevent this?

Oh and back to Luigi Mansion 2, I do hope it gets some cool online co-op mode or something. I really want more online multiplayer in Nintendo games!

Ridley327

So, you didn't purchase the game and/or try out its controls?

Every impression of the controls, even the good ones, made it sound like it controlled identical to similar games on the DS, and I do not want to play a shooter that controls like that ever again. Even slower paced ones like Moon are cumbersome because of that layout.

The Famitsu details sound great although I'm still skeptical considering the NoA site specifically stated local play.

The code for the site also said Wii U at one point, apparently. Sites can be amended.

Every impression of the controls, even the good ones, made it sound like it controlled identical to similar games on the DS, and I do not want to play a shooter that controls like that ever again. Even slower paced ones like Moon are cumbersome because of that layout.

I see. That's nice.

Artemisia

Banned
I was right

ipTW5O4IGM4NT.gif

Frolow

Banned
Online Multiplayer? I'm surprised. Heck I never even suspected Luigi's Mansion to have any form of mutiplayer, let alone an online one. Hopefully it's actually decent.

Ridley327

The code for the site also said Wii U at one point, apparently. Sites can be amended.

I see. That's nice.

Thankfully, this game is not stylus controlled, so I think we can avoid hot button topics like that, and focus more on it living up to the legacy of the first game.

Ridley327

Doing a repeat of the Nintendoland game seems kind of obvious, and I don't know if Miyamoto is down for something like that. I think something like a friendly version of an combative co-op mode (like Four Swords) would be on the cards; mini-mansions where players work together to get through it as fast as possible, but are scored based on how many ghosts they bag and how much loot they can grab.

At least, that's what I'd like to see.

I may be missing something but the Siliconera articles doesn't state it has online multiplayer

Correction: A previous version of this report stated that the game featured online multiplayer, which is not confirmed. We’ve corrected our report to reflect this.

This is like the 3rd time in recent months I see them mistranslating stuff.

Kid Icarus is playable. The cramp I get is another story and I'm more willing to blame the 3DS' grip because it's awful. I even had a bit of it when I was playing NSMB2 sometimes (especially when it came to collecting reallly tough star coins). Are the grip accessories good enough to prevent this?

The MK7 Hori Wheel is a godsend. I can't play the 3DS without it anymore.

Eric C

Well Siliconera says that the latest Famitsu says Luigi's Mansion 2 has online multiplayer.

Has download play, local play & internet play.

Siliconera is correct.

Download Play, Local Play, Internet play.

New feature: Dark Light. The shadow of things that have been disappeared by cursed spheres (?) will appear when shone with this light.

Capturing the Sphere that will jump out when you shine the light on the area will return the object.

I want to know if this online mode is basically the Nintendo Land game online. Or something totally new.

Either way, hyped for online.

EDIT

I may be missing something but the Siliconera articles doesn't state it has online multiplayer

This is like the 3rd time in recent months I see them mistranslating stuff.

NOO!

leroidys

I wish they would consider online.

Phantom Hourglass' multiplayer was SO GOOD. Then they went and made it local only in Spirit Tracks :(

Quit breaking my heart, nintendo.

Ridley327

Why are y'all acting like they can't develop a multiplayer mode?

They did that with NSMB why not with this?

I don't think the question is if they can make a multiplayer mode for it; we know that there is one. The current debate centers around it possibly not being an online-enabled one.

VICI0US

Local multiplayer shits all over online bollocks from a very great height indeed. For a start, it means actual social interaction with actual friends who you can see, and drink beer with, instead of trying to talk over a shitty headset with atrocious sound quality.

local multiplayer is superior, I agree 100%

however, it's tough to get together with friends and its only getting tougher as I get older.

I'm married, live an hour and a half away from most of my gaming buddies. 1 more is married, 1 has kids, 1 is engaged, 2 are away for school, etc.

my local gaming sessions have already been reduced from weekly to once every month or two if I'm lucky.

having the option to play online, in games where it's technically feasible, would definitely be appreciated.

Artemisia

Banned
That wasn't online

The point is that a multiplayer mode was created for a single player game.

We see here that a game we all thought was going to be simply single player will have online multiplayer. So what is stopping Nintendo from making an online multiplayer mode?

Online multiplayer is not fully "unconfirmed" yet, let's have hope.

Never hold you breath for something like this in a Nintendo title, unless it's one of the first things they come out saying. They still think putting online into a game is a big deal, worthy of headlining.

Edit: Looks like I should have read the topic a little more carefully, but at the same time, "confirmation" seems to be flip-flopping back and forth.

zroid

Banned
Has download play, local play & internet play.

Siliconera is correct.

Download Play, Local Play, Internet play.

New feature: Dark Light. The shadow of things that have been disappeared by cursed spheres (?) will appear when shone with this light.

Capturing the Sphere that will jump out when you shine the light on the area will return the object.

Huh, wow. Colour me both surprised and impressed!

I updated the OP.

Dark Moon is such a stupid name. It should've been Luigi's Mansion 2, like it is in Europe and Japan. Why did NoA even give it a subtitle?!

A Nintendo blog posted scans of the multiplayer. It features up to 4 players, all playing as Luigi with different colored clothes. No Mario, Wario, or Waluigi in sight.

Shahadan

I wonder when people are going to realize that Nintendo is all for playing locally and doesn't like online multiplayer, unless the game is going to sell millions like MK (more because of the number of players though) or Smash.

Tom_Cody

Holy shit if they work in the Luigi's Mansion attraction from Nintendo Land. That would instantly make its MP better than nearly everything out there.
This.

To me, it seems very natural for them to include some version of 'Luigi's Ghost Mansion'.

Top Bottom