• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon has online multiplayer (OP updated)

zroid

Banned
LOL awesome, apparently you get "awards" at the end of each round depending on your role in the game. The GameXplain guy was given the dubious honour of "leecher" hahaha

eternalb

LOL awesome, apparently you get "awards" at the end of each round depending on your role in the game. The GameXplain guy was given the dubious honour of "leecher" hahaha

And since it's Next Level games, I'm sure they'll be some really good ones

Only complaint is the framerate.

Some of the animations get close to Mercenaries 3D level when the action heated up. Hopefully they'll be able to iron it out before launch.

Videoneon

What the hell, multiple Luigis? Fuck you Nintendo! :(

But I'm excited to get in a room and spam "Hey!" along with three or four other Luigi's for about half a minute!

Seriously I don't have a problem with the multiple Luigi's, since they're all in different colors and I'm probably going to think the overload of Luigi noises will be confusing and funny. I've already got this on preorder so I'm interested in learning more about the substance. Hopefully that framerate isn't too bad too on release.

But I'm excited to get in a room and spam "Hey!" along with three or four other Luigi's for about half a minute!

Seriously I don't have a problem with the multiple Luigi's, since they're all in different colors and I'm probably going to think the overload of Luigi noises will be confusing and funny. I've already got this on preorder so I'm interested in learning more about the substance. Hopefully that framerate isn't too bad too on release.

I was joking. The likely alternative would have been Luigi and a bunch of Toads.

I just wanted Waluigi. :(

this looks horrible ... too lazy to make 3 more characters, and the graphics .... wow those luigis are looking like sprites! they are stuttering over the floor lol

that would have been sick to have wario and waluigi

hell, have mario and do a two on two vs match of catching the most ghosts.

glad online is confirmed :D really hyped now that i can play multiplayer

Thoraxes

Players generally play cooperatively, but in Zelda: Four Swords style, players also compete for coins.

I don't really care to play this online, but it will be pretty fun being able to yell at my friends in the same room.

PhantomR

Banned

I got nothing.

Oh I got something :D

zvD3g.gif

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
This is... this is just seriously MEGATON levels for me. I can't believe they were able to add it. I'm looking forward to this game just as much as MH3U and Pokemon Y, that's how hyped I am. I just can't believe how good this game is shaping up to be.

But why is it coming out within a week of MH3U? WHY?!?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Finally! Online confirmed. Thank goodness, I thought they were going to be stupid and only have local multi.

Until the fact there was a multiplayer mode even leaked I was completely fine with there not being one.

Then one leaked and I was like ZOMG for a second before all signs started pointed to it being local only.

But now... ZOMG.

zroid

Banned
I have to admit, I said earlier I didn't care about online play, but I certainly didn't expect the multiplayer mode to be as interesting as this. I'm still thrilled there's single card local, but I believe I will play this online as well. Seems too fun not to.

It's going to be absolutely amazing locally though.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
MEGATON: There's multiplayer

MEGATON x2: It's Download Play-compatible

MEGATON x5: It's also online

MEGATON x10: There's more than just one online mode

GODDAMN Next Level is BRINGING IT

73V3N

Banned
A comment on IGN's facebook.

So this means they screwed over 1 player mode yet again like they always do STOP WITH MULTIPLAYER ON SINGLE PLAYER GAMES YOU RUIN THEM

lol
people will always complain, it sucks.

Tagg9

lol
people will always complain, it sucks.

But they stole resources from developing the single-player mode and put them to work on multiplayer. The single player campaign will clearly suffer from this!!!

Just kidding...

Luigi is the best Nintendo character, and the only thing better than 1 Luigi is 4 multicolored Luigis. I fully concur with Nintendo's decision in this matter; other characters would just water down the pure Luigi experience.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I expected Nintendo of all people to come up with a better name than "Hunter Mode"

VTCJkHs.jpg

Luigi is the best Nintendo character, and the only thing better than 1 Luigi is 4 multicolored Luigis. I fully concur with Nintendo's decision in this matter; other characters would just water down the pure Luigi experience.

I actually agree with this. Playing as Mario would be really out of place IMO.

Also, Waluigi sucks and the faster he's forgotten the better.

PKrockin

MEGATON: There's multiplayer

MEGATON x2: It's Download Play-compatible

MEGATON x5: It's also online

MEGATON x10: There's more than just one online mode

GODDAMN Next Level is BRINGING IT

I know, right? This is a much bigger effort than I expected from this game. It sounds really interesting.

oh wait, sorry

FOUR LUIGIS? FUCK YOU NINTENDO

Yeah, this seems like a perfect fit for Wario and Waluigi.

Especially because NLG KNOWS their Waluigi

Being NLG im pretty sure that was the plan, when Nintendo said no, just put clones.

And im also pretty sure the game was finished with only small touches to be given, and then is when they decided to put a multiplayer mode, thats why tjere was the big delay.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Being NLG im pretty sure that was the plan, when Nintendo said no, just put clones.

And im also pretty sure the game was finished with only small touches to be given, and then is when they decided to put a multiplayer mode, thats why tjere was the big delay.

I think it's more likely multiplayer was there, but it was probably a tacked on local-only feature. I'd like to believe the delay was from Next Level realizing they could flesh it out, and how fun it would be online.

Download Play being an option really tells me they're going above and beyond for this.

Hale-XF11

I kinda wonder if Kid Icarus Uprising pushed the development team for this game to do more. That game really set a new bar for Nintendo.

Neiteio

Man, this multiplayer mode looks GREAT. Really digging the Four Swords vibe I'm getting. Playing co-op in these "creepy" environs (in quotes because Mario), and ghostbusting together sounds like a good time. :)

...and I'm probably one of five people that would be down for a new MP:Hunters.

Top Bottom