• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MAD MAX |OT| Beyond Thunderpoon

Definity

Maxed out my harpoon last night and have almost hit road warrior rank. Max really changes appearance once you get the bigger ammo belt and upgraded jacket. Looks like he is going to war.

I just finished the first mission and so far I am liking it. Only three complaints so far and thats the shooting, voice acting and how terrible the controls are when on foot.

So I'm seriously debating picking this up when I go out to buy Fury Road on my lunch break. So here's the most important question. My favorite part of Arkham Knight was the Batmobile pursuit/chase sequences through the city because of how badass it felt to be running against a bunch of enemies while trying to take down the leader. For those who have played both so far, is the car combat as satisfying (or more satisfying)? If so I'm picking this up immediately.

ironcreed

Banned
Game is just fun. The car combat is insanely well done and there's a ton of stuff to do.

I'm guessing the open world fatigue is real if this game is getting low scores. It's a fun ride in every sense.

Agreed. It feels great, the atmosphere is amazing and it can be downright gorgeous. And am I the only one who likes the voice work for Chumbucket? You just have to love the guy and his pitch-perfect bizarre ramblings.

ChanMan

Played the first two missions on the PS4 and it seems pretty fine right now I can really see myself liking the car combat though. Melee combat seems really underwhelming though but I feel like that is because I am very early in the game will hardly any unlocks. I think with tempered expectations this can be a very enjoyable game because I find the setting to be pretty freaking amazing.

Definity

Agreed. It feels great, the atmosphere is amazing and it can be downright gorgeous. And am I the only one who likes the voice work for Chumbucket? You just have to love the guy and his pitch-perfect bizarre ramblings.

I like my pal chumbucket. Now if I can just unlock his upgrade tree that gives him the ability to repair my car faster!

Xbox One. Footage of the game, especially the gifs, sold me on the game, but like always the wallet needs rest :D

Shame, PC version can be had for $20. I bought it yesterday and it's very solid.

Overall enjoying it, then MGS finished downloading. I think I'll play them in tandem, MGS until I throw the controller through my monitor because I got spotted 5 metres from the target, then Mad Max to blow shit up and not hide or avoid anything, ever.

Shame, PC version can be had for $20. I bought it yesterday and it's very solid.

Overall enjoying it, then MGS finished downloading. I think I'll play them in tandem, MGS until I throw the controller through my monitor because I got spotted 5 metres from the target, then Mad Max to blow shit up and not hide or avoid anything, ever.

Where?

Only done the first few missions but I'm liking what I'm seeing, maxed out and no pop in. I'm downsampling too on my 980 and there's zero stutter.

dealer-

Just found that you can switch to an alternate control scheme in the menu which adds a handbrake button for vehicles. Seems a strange omission from the standard controls?

Oh my... this game is beautiful.

The ability to go into the video editing mode and change the color filter and then turn on the HUD, so you can play the game like that is absolutely brilliant.

I'd like to see the outline of Max removed from when you shoot at another car with the shotgun. I'm not sure why that's there.

Or really any of the outlines, other than the ones that tell you what part of the enemy car you're shooting at.

Mohonky

Loving this game and it runs super slick on PC. How Batman should have run.

Game captures the look and feel of Mad Max perfectly, cept I need to find that dog.

ironcreed

Banned

Loving this game and it runs super slick on PC. How Batman should have run.

Game captures the look and feel of Mad Max perfectly, cept I need to find that dog.

I already think the game itself smokes Arkham Knight. The combat is similarly good, but more brutally satisfying and the car mechanics sure as hell are handled better. The environment, effects and visuals are also much nicer.

speedomodel

Looks like it arrived at my house....may have my wife preinstall it so I can jump right in when I get home..

Screenshots are gorgeous. KEEP THEM COMING GUYS!! I need more!

Loving what I've played so far, can't wait to get back to it tonight. I've also had no issues with the on-foot controls whatsoever. They feel pretty responsive to me, just has some weight to it.

Dang it, you gave me way too much hope.

I did research on what you said.

Fury Road is $20, as in the movie.

The game is $60.

dealer-

Looks like it arrived at my house....may have my wife preinstall it so I can jump right in when I get home..

Screenshots are gorgeous. KEEP THEM COMING GUYS!! I need more!

Few I took earlier. Xbox One photo mode.

Thumbnail_Large.PNG

Thumbnail_Large.PNG

Thumbnail_Large.PNG

Recharg3

just picked this up for £13GBP after trading in the titles I now have digitally thanks to GWG or PS+

Paid the extra £5 for the ripper edition steelbook which looks incredible as has already been noted, currently installing this now and I think MGS will be put aside for this.

Pyro.

How do you go into first person driving on PS4? Really digging the game so far. I just wish I could turn off the hud so when I play it looks like photo mode. Hopefully they would consider patching that in.

Simo

How do you go into first person driving on PS4? Really digging the game so far. I just wish I could turn off the hud so when I play it looks like photo mode. Hopefully they would consider patching that in.

Double Tap Down on the D-Pad I believe?

ironcreed

Banned
Goddamnit this game visually looks gorgeous

It indeed can be breathtaking. So many little details as well. Heat from the engine after you stop the car, the explosions, smoke and debris scatter, swirling dust, the long shadows and lighting, etc. Really impressive stuff.

Top Bottom