• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MAD MAX |OT| Beyond Thunderpoon

JRW

Yeah but you never know when your key is suddenly going to be deactivated because it turns out they are getting shady keys from Russia or some such.

nah cdkeys has been around for awhile and they have a pretty big facebook presence, never heard of any keys becoming invalid from them, but it's up to you of course lol.

ironcreed

Banned
Something hilarious just happened to mehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eG-L3rm2y8w

LOL.

mad-max2.gif

In the middle of a story mission while fighting some war boys and a dust storm just appeared out of nowhere and scared the shit out of me. It was awesome.

Simo

If I were to rush the story how long would it be?

Seems to be around 15 hours long according to some reviews but you'll be stopped later on since the enemies and location will be too hard if you don't invest time and upgrades in the Opus.

charsace

I can't get over how great the game looks and how huge and open the world is. I like the look more than Arkham Knight.

ironcreed

Banned
I can't get over how great the game looks and how huge and open the world is. I like the look more than Arkham Knight.

It definitely looks better and has more subtle details. At least on Xbox One. The combat is also more brutal and the car mechanics make the Batmobile laughable by comparison. I knew it would not be critically showered with the same kind of praise, but I honestly feel that it is a much better game at the core.

Games Radar played for 40 hours and still had 60% completion left. It's big.

File size is 32.04 GB.

Thanks

Seems to be around 15 hours long according to some reviews but you'll be stopped later on since the enemies and location will be too hard if you don't invest time and upgrades in the Opus.

Good to know

I won't be rushing through it, because I like to take my time and explore/do as much as I can. I'm not a completionist, though.

Simo

Seems like there's plenty of things to do and a big enough sand box to invest your time in. GAF member Bootaay seemed like his playtime was 1% for every hour he was playing and doing stuff and last checked in at 23% done in 23 hours. lol

Stiler

Can someone tell me in the audio options, What is "fury?"

I assume it changes the audio somehow, the other ones make sense, TV, Headphones, Night, but I do not get what "Fury" does.

SFenton

Can someone tell me how big random car encounters get? i.e., is it only ever like three cars? Do we ever get anything random like a giant Fury Road battle?

After lurking this tread for a while, reading opinions and reviews ... I'm in. Gonna try to play this and destiny till Halo. I just picked MM and the anthology at best buy.

Rolfgang

Weird, I can't use 2560x1440 144hz in the settings, it's capped at 83hz. Anyone else having this problem? I'm using a Acer XB270HU and have turned Vsync off.

After seeing the positive impressions on here and the cheap price on CDkeys I've decided to jump in. This and MGSV are my last purchases until Just Cause 3 (maybe Halo 5 deepening on how things turn out)

Don't let me down GAF!

Drewfonse

Some of the screenshots I'm seeing are insane. Quite the looker. Can't wait to get mine on TH.

Does the game actually look that good when you're just roaming the world? Did I read that it's 1080p on the One?

DOWN

Banned
Do the Console versions really run @ 30fps? I figured they would target 60.

Nobody targets both current gen visuals and open world. You compromise one or the other, like MGS V. Almost entirely last gen assets, but 60fps.

JRW

Nobody targets both current gen visuals and open world. You compromise one or the other, like MGS V. Almost entirely last gen assets, but 60fps.

Seems like the consoles could handle it considering medium range PC's are running it @ 1080p / 60fps without issue.

zedge

Picking this up on the way home. These screen shots are amazing. Too bad this game is going under the radar. Deserves better judging by the reactions here. Looking forward to playing.

Lulubop

Ps4 could probably easily do 60. Modest cards are absolutely crushing this game

Seems like the consoles could handle it considering medium range PC's are running it @ 1080p / 60fps without issue.
The same thing happened with Alien: Isolation, toasters could handle it at 1080/60 but PS4 was locked to 30, and XB1 was either not 1080p or 1080p but with horrible stuttering (I don't remember).

My copy just arrived an hour ago. Someone else is going to do our review, though, because I'm sick as a dog, so I'm just going to enjoy the game at my own pace.

Hopefully I'll like it.

Top Bottom