• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MAD MAX |OT| Beyond Thunderpoon

I think I'll take the plunge tonight and unwrap this bad-boy. All the media I've seen looks great!

Mad%20Max_zpslhtfcess.jpg

Definity

Going to jump back in and play for a bit before the reviews hit. I've enjoyed the hell out of my time so far with this game and I'm really curious where the reviews from the major sites will come in at.

Simo

Pretty much done with the OT I think. I've tried to include as much info as I can but I know I must be missing stuff.

I wonder if they included the Maximum Mode in there or the Opus Wars...?

kaskade

Really a bummer that this is coming out against MGSV. I feel like they should've either tried to get it out early or waited a few weeks. I might get it based off the reviews since there seems to be pretty good deals on the PC version. Hopefully it's a good port. I remember Shadow of Mordor seemed like a good one.

Maffis

Really a bummer that this is coming out against MGSV. I feel like they should've either tried to get it out early or waited a few weeks. I might get it based off the reviews since there seems to be pretty good deals on the PC version. Hopefully it's a good port. I remember Shadow of Mordor seemed like a good one.

People keep saying this but personally I think MGS is a niche game series with a large cult following. The game is widely popular and a critical success but it's a Japanse game and sadly most "casual" gamers probably haven't even played it and most probably will not bother with a game that is the fifth in the series after all these years. MGS5, will be huge, don't get me wrong, but I can definitely see Mad Max doing really great just because of the recent movie and the blu-ray release today. It's also a stand-alone game so it's easy for newcomers to just jump in.

If Mad Max is another terrible PC port, all things considered with Batman AK included, they will find themselves in a world of trouble with all things PC. Especially the community.

MUnited83

For you.
If Mad Max is another terrible PC port, all things considered with Batman AK included, they will find themselves in a world of trouble with all things PC. Especially the community.

This is being ported by Avalanche themselves, not a crappy third-studio that does botched portjobs like High Voltage.

Gaz_RB

I have more faith that Avalanche knows what they're doing in regards to PC.

People keep saying this but personally I think MGS is a niche game series with a large cult following. The game is widely popular and a critical success but it's a Japanse game and sadly most "casual" gamers probably haven't even played it and most probably will not bother with a game that is the fifth in the series after all these years. MGS5, will be huge, don't get me wrong, but I can definitely see Mad Max doing really great just because of the recent movie and the blu-ray release today. It's also a stand-alone game so it's easy for newcomers to just jump in.

I don't get why there is almost no marketing for this game though. It's really fun and the graphics are amazing. Definitely one of the best looking current gen games.

I'm a big fan of Batman style combat and that has been a big selling point for me. I know some are turned off by that style but it's an instant attention grabber for me.

Drewfonse

I'm beginning to feel the, dare I say it, hype.

Is the hype for real? I got wrapped into until Dawn via hype, and that game is awesome.

Let the trend continue.

Phionoxx

No luck with VPN's for me. Anyone having any success? Glad to hear about the drivers/SLI profile.

Me either. I tried an Australian server just after midnight local time there and it didn't work. Going to try again in about 15 minutes using a London based server and give it another shot. It will be midnight in London at that point.

Jtrizzy

Me either. I tried an Australian server just after midnight local time there and it didn't work. Going to try again in about 15 minutes using a London based server and give it another shot. It will be midnight in London at that point.

which vpn client do you use?

MUnited83

For you.
Guess what

Can movies have trading cards?

Because if the movie comes with cards and therefore movie backgrounds and emoticons....

goddamn! I'd sport a Mad Max background forever and use a Immortan Joe "mediocre" emoticon all the time.

JUST TAKE MY MONEY

Well, reviews should be out very soon or now since I got up in the middle of writing this, not that it matters since I already bought the game. Still debating which to play first but I'm probably going with Mad Max though I can see this eventually being similar to my experience with Just Cause 2 which took me a long time to complete because I ended up occasionally playing it for an hour or two at a time.

Need to install the driver update.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
seriously polygon fucking marked it down because theres no female lead WTF

Funny how people in the review thread are making such a big deal about scores being low or whatever yet for some reason are ignoring the posts from actual GAF members who've played the game and had generally positive (to very positive) impressions

Top Bottom