• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MAD MAX |OT| Beyond Thunderpoon

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
heres everything maxed in game

21036100712_c8fd7fe5eb_o.png

One of the interesting things I'm noticing as I unlock more parts for the Magnum Opus is that the best part isn't always the most beneficial, especially when it comes to armour as without enough power it can really weigh you down. I'm finding I'm having to mix and match to get a set-up that best suits my play-style, plus the different bodies and Archangel set-ups you unlock add in some good variety.

I've also been enjoying hunting down enemy cars to add to my collection, most of them are pretty useless (although using a faction car lets you go undetected by that faction from a distance) but there are some heavy hitting vehicles in there that I've found to be pretty powerful. I also ran across a rare unique vehicle in a random outpost, which is unlike any of the faction cars and very fast.

One of the interesting things I'm noticing as I unlock more parts for the Magnum Opus is that the best part isn't always the most beneficial, especially when it comes to armour as without enough power it can really weigh you down. I'm finding I'm having to mix and match to get a set-up that best suits my play-style, plus the different bodies and Archangel set-ups you unlock add in some good variety.

I've also been enjoying hunting down enemy cars to add to my collection, most of them are pretty useless (although using a faction car lets you go undetected by that faction from a distance) but there are some heavy hitting vehicles in there that I've found to be pretty powerful. I also ran across a rare unique vehicle in a random outpost, which is unlike any of the faction cars and very fast.

yeah...they've said "the best upgrade isn't always the best option"

Phionoxx

Rivatuner and inspector 1/2 refresh is usually better than in-game caps.

Everything Maxed you say?

Yeah I've got Rivatuner set to 30FPS cap. Will test out everything high @ 1080P and report back with performance once I get in game. Still unpacking now.

10 hours into the game, here are my impressions (Xbox One version):

+Attention to detail is awesome. Engine clicks when car is turned off, heat waves rise from the engine, black smoke shoots out of the exhaust pipes when the car is turned on. Little stuff like this always makes me happy in games.

+The world is beautiful. You can even enter a built in photo mode by clicking in both sticks, complete with filters.

+Tons of stuff to upgrade

+While there are a lot of camps in the game to liberate, each one feels pretty unique.

+The music and ambient sounds out in the wasteland are incredible.

+Storms are scary but oh so awesome. I love seeing a storm on the horizon and then driving straight into it. The sound of the wind is powerful and deafening, especially with headphones on.

+Hand to hand combat is brutal. While it is easy, its just fun to watch. Fury mode is awesome.

+Car combat, while tough at first gets better with upgrades.

-Scrap is hard to come by a lot of times, so while there are a lot of upgrades, it'll take a long time to get everything your going to want. While this isn't necessarily a bad thing now, I think it will be when I'm playing 20 hours from now.

-There really is a lot to do and right now I'm loving it. I am worried that I won't be loving it later though. I guess we'll find out in another 10-20 hours.

-So far the story is about upgrading the car. And thats about it. I hope it opens up more.

I'm gonna get back to playing. Right now the game is a solid 8.5 from me.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm still getting "content still encrypted" and can't launch it...

If you're not in Europe, then you need to use a VPN to unlock the game. It doesn't unlock in other territories for another few hours or so.

c0Zm1c

I'm only at the start but the performance seems ridiculously good (PC).

I can't get invert Y to work though. :(

Definity

For the folks just starting out...have fun! Make sure you make a few car upgrades first and visit with girffa when you get a few coins before you start venturing out to far away.

Has there been any word about it performing better on 10 compared to 7? So far, Dragon Age Inquisition is the only game I know of that does.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member

+Attention to detail is awesome. Engine clicks when car is turned off, heat waves rise from the engine, black smoke shoots out of the exhaust pipes when the car is turned on. Little stuff like this always makes me happy in games.

+The world is beautiful. You can even enter a built in photo mode by clicking in both sticks, complete with filters.

+While there are a lot of camps in the game to liberate, each one feels pretty unique.

+Storms are scary but oh so awesome. I love seeing a storm on the horizon and then driving straight into it. The sound of the wind is powerful and deafening, especially with headphones on.

+Hand to hand combat is brutal. While it is easy, its just fun to watch. Fury mode is awesome.

-Scrap is hard to come by a lot of times, so while there are a lot of upgrades, it'll take a long time to get everything your going to want. While this isn't necessarily a bad thing now, I think it will be when I'm playing 20 hours from now.

-There really is a lot to do and right now I'm loving it. I am worried that I won't be loving it later though. I guess we'll find out in another 10-20 hours.

-So far the story is about upgrading the car. And thats about it. I hope it opens up more.

This post and other posts from gamers who spent their hard earned money on the game posting their impressions means more to me than any critic review.

Sephzilla

Witnessed!

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Sorry if this was mentioned, but I got mine today and one of my pre-order DLC codes didn't work, but the other did. I'm assuming they might not have put one of them onto their servers yet or activated them?

Anyone else have the same problem? I'm on PS4

My copy just arrived, my birthday has started early! Still to come: Metal Gear Solid V, the Fury Road blu-ray, and being able to legally drink in the USA two days after I left PAX/Seattle.

Starfield

View distance is amazing

3jmcANi.jpg

there is even a feature called "Capture Mode" which lets you make and edit screenshots with various filters and settings.

Simo

View distance is amazing

3jmcANi.jpg

there is even a feature called "Capture Mode" which lets you make and edit screenshots with various filters and settings.

Console version? Get a friend over to try the video capture! lol

Truant

Some quick impressions from the first 15 minutes.

- Controls feel suitably Avalanchy. Kinda floaty and arcady, but still responsive enough.
- Button layout is weird, but I'm sure I get used to it. You fire your gun with the B-button.
- Cutscenes feel kinda strange, l think it has to do with how the camera moves.
- Combat is suitably brutal.
- Runs amazingly well on my medium-range PC. Looks great to boot, especially the draw distance.

Not sure if posted, but interesting that the day one patch makes significant changes to the story campaign. Never seen stuff like dialogue and missions acknowledged like that in a day one patch:
http://www.playstationlifestyle.net...s4-includes-lots-story-gameplay-improvements/

Did the reviewers have access to these changes? They read off as potentially substantial. Maybe not world changing in terms of the perception of the game but possibly enough to tweak scores.

Top Bottom