• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madcatz reveal Street Fighter V Arcade Sticks and Fight Pad

What quality are people expecting from the Alpha?

A legit stick you can do well with or just for casual play and messing around?

I expect a middle ground. Obviously it's not a TE but not as bad as those off brand 40 buck sticks either.

Hopefully better than the SF4 Vanilla SE's as well.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
wait, the TES+ isn't easily moddable?

how am i to replace broken parts and cap off the 2 unnecessary buttons?

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Does the Fight Pad Pro have a headphone jack?

That's the deal breaker for me on Hori's fight pad commander...

Edit: Looks like the Fightpad Pro doesn't have a headphone jack. God Dammit MadCatz! How am I supposed to play Street Fighter V late at night after my wife is asleep?

Fuck.

Surely there was a way to use headphones for gaming before the pads had jacks on them.

As for my own peripheral feature complaint, I'm going to be pissed if SF5 requires the touchpad button to pull up command lists or something like that during training/challenge mode. That's the only thing I don't like about the HORI FC4 in USFIV.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
What quality are people expecting from the Alpha?

A legit stick you can do well with or just for casual play and messing around?

I expect a middle ground. Obviously it's not a TE but not as bad as those off brand 40 buck sticks either.

This.

Also depends on your definition of messing around vs do well with. Most people who are of tournament level aren't gonna be looking at this stick to begin with.

malfcn

Te2+ can be opened up.

a4278213-fc1d-4b6b-9463-7fec27ac4ec4.jpg._CB288341617__SL220__.jpg

Weren't the MK sticks able to be opened and moded at a lower price?

This.

Also depends on your definition of messing around vs do well with. Most people who are of tournament level aren't gonna be looking at this stick to begin with.

True although people have gone to tourneys and did well with some of the damnedest things before.

I'll wait until they're half that price. o_O

Lol. You will see a random sell here and there for 20% off. Otherwise you hope for low ebay prices. Sticks don't commonly drop in price. The Alpha will probably be your best bet or another stick around that price.

MattXIII

That's bizarre as hell that the TES+ is 200 bucks and isn't fully moddable. Even for Madcatz. Especially considering there are sticks that are between 70 and 150 bucks that are easily moddable.

Yeah, the Killer Instinct TE2 was $200, fully moddable and had sweeet led buttons :p

Looks like they removed the second analog stick on the pad, compared to the earlier concepts. Not that big a deal i guess.

I really want to hear some impressions for that dpad though...

Edit: And the edges look kinda uncomfortable...

RedSquare

The alpha is really nice for that price

Not when you consider the Virtual Stick High Grade cost the same when it was released last generation and was a full Sanwa stick and had better build quality than the TE sticks, let alone this entry level 'Alpha' stick.

malfcn

Read the Amazon descriptions for more details.

The te2+ can be easily opened, has a steel and foam bottom and a shoulder strap and disconnecting cable.

Looks like they removed the second analog stick on the pad, compared to the earlier concepts. Not that big a deal i guess.

I really want to hear some impressions for that dpad though...

Edit: And the edges look kinda uncomfortable...
The dpad is probably the same or very similar to their sf4 fight pads. The quality on those controllers were pretty bad. Not sure how these will hold up

Razzorn34

I want a TE2, but fuck that price point. I'll stick with my modded TE Round 2 till I can get one on a deal.

The dpad is probably the same or very similar to their sf4 fight pads. The quality on those controllers were pretty bad. Not sure how these will hold up

As bad as the build quality was on those things, the SFxT PS3 one I used for PC for a bit wasn't all that bad but, yeah it felt cheap as hell. Even got that thing used lol.

Wonder if the Alpha will have Sanwa parts or the awful Madcatz knockoff stuff. Can't see any mention on the website.

Edit: nope, madcatz parts

Maybe? It looks much flatter than the one on the SFxT pad. (which i was 'okay' with, bit too much throw.)

The buttons look flatter too, which might be really good. I thought the SFxT pad ones were a bit too heavy.

nikos

Might as well cross-post from the other thread.

That TES+ is looking really nice. If it had the TE2+ SFV art, I would have already ordered. I already have a PS4 stick, so I'm going to hold out a bit longer before getting another.

Doesn't look like the art is changeable on the TES+, but that Shadaloo design is quickly growing on me. I always said I'd instabuy that SFV design on a TE2. Both are pretty tempting right now, but I'm still going to hold out to see what else is coming.

As bad as the build quality was on those things, the SFxT PS3 one I used for PC for a bit wasn't all that bad but, yeah it felt cheap as hell.
Yea hopefully someone can get some hands on time with it. 60 is a bit much for something that may not be durable

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
I'm open to suggestions that don't require me buying expensive new Bluetooth headphones...

Do your current headphones have a 2 foot cable or what? Why can't you plug them into the TV or your receiver or whatever you're using? You could get an extension cable for under 10 bucks, I'd wager.

Maybe? It looks much flatter than the one on the SFxT pad. (which i was 'okay' with, bit too much throw.)

The buttons look flatter too, which might be really good. I thought the SFxT pad ones were a bit too heavy.

I just noticed that when I checked the Amazon page. We need some impressions on these stat lol

RobNBanks

Banned
When you consider that Sony will be selling a PS4+Star Wars bundle for $299...

what does that have to do with anything?

enthusiast hardware will always be a premium price. Sennheiser HD800s cost more than most people's PCs, and I don't mean your parents HP from 2004. I mean actual gaming rigs.

Top Bottom