• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden 18 is out very soon and there are few gameplay videos... Is that troubling?

I could still finesse them thangs. It was fun but I didnt understand why no user WR but user everythang us

The offense was already at an incredible advantage in the game, no need to make it worse with user manipulation of the wr. Since a couple years ago we allow control due to the additional defensive controls which can combat user wr fairly

WadeitOut

I'm not reading through three pages but I hope someone informed the OP that there are dozens of full gameplay videos on Youtube they have put out. I've probably watched like 5 hours of in game footage. And it looks fantastic.

I'm not reading through three pages but I hope someone informed the OP that there are dozens of full gameplay videos on Youtube they have put out. I've probably watched like 5 hours of in game footage. And it looks fantastic.

Here is what you missed:

Madden sucks, all hail king NFL 2k5

I loved my short stint in MaddenGaf CFM. Was the best run, most fun 32-man league I've ever been in. Had to quit when three things happened:

1) Got a new job w/ an hour+ commute
2) Got a dog who needed to go out in the middle of every game I paly
3) Started dating a girl who moved in shortly there after

Since I was in the league 5 or 6 years ago:

1) Been promoted endlessly at said job
2) Dog is now 6.
3) Girlfriend became my wife

So, lesson learned: Join MaddenGaf CFM, then quit within 2 years or so, and everything in your life will turn up roses.

--

Latest videos from this weekend finally have some CFM stuff...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAg5CPvrssk

Unfortunately my biggest gripe with CFM in the past isn't clear in the video... Is the wind blowing 10+mph out of one endzone. Something tells me the wind is still fucked up in CFM because the opening kickoff only gets to the 8 yard line... Can't tell for sure because the video starts just after the kick:

28RStlE.png

yeah I'm gonna assume CFM wind is still FUBAR... The following Baltimore punt:
SWQn1Jt.png

rFhWiTD.png

As you can see, kicking from the ~13 yard line, kick goes all the way to the opposing 9 yard line, out kicking the coverage. It's seriously unbelievable that the still looks to be a problem. It's not that the punter out kicks his coverage, it's that the wind in EVERY CFM game is super strong and always blwoing endzoen to endzone in one direction.

Am I the only one who hasn't been able to figure out wind in Madden since the SNES days?

After the coin flip, I have no idea from the information given which side of the field I should choose to get the wind at my back.

And before kicks at any time in the game, I can't find a wind indicator. It all comes down to memory from any other kick-offs in the quarter.

Just give me a flag showing which way the wind is blowing gosh snarnit!

The wind indicator was broken from Madden 25/2014 on. They patched that last year so the wind indicator was correct, but it's still a shit show, and it would seem like Wind is still a major issue in M'18 CFM mode.

We'll see more soon, it'll be the first thing I test on Friday I think.

Bsigg12

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???

Ploid 3.0

I remember this franchise used to be a majority of my gaming, and now I forgot it even existed until now. Does it sell well these days?

PR_rambo

Banned
Nothing beats madden online franchise... once you find a good league, you'll find yourself in it for years and it's honestly a blast. already have madden 18 preordered!

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
It's tomorrow, the 17th. I haven't read anything about a specific time, unfortunately, but I doubt it's available at midnight.

It's usually one of the highest selling games in the industry every year

I remember this franchise used to be a majority of my gaming, and now I forgot it even existed until now. Does it sell well these days?

Last few years it's up by 6 pm pst on Thursday

Kill3r7

IIRC, NBA2K just overtook it last year as the best selling sports game in the US. It still sells pretty well but not as massive as it was last gen.

I just want a new NCAA football game. Take out the real names of the players and use fake ones and there shouldn't be a problem. I'll be hyped for it

EA knows Madden will sell even if they put 17 on store shelves again with a roster update.

Why even waste money showing trailers or gameplay for a Madden game anymore? Unless the sales start to dip.

I just want a new NCAA football game. Take out the real names of the players and use fake ones and there shouldn't be a problem. I'll be hyped for it

Well that's the problem, for EA, no one would by a college football game without the named players.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

They never included the "real names of the players."

EA knows Madden will sell even if they put 17 on store shelves again with a roster update.

Why even waste money showing trailers or gameplay for a Madden game anymore? Unless the sales start to dip.

Well that's the problem, for EA, no one would by a college football game without the named players.

What? NCAA Football with used to ship without named players every year until a few years ago, and they were the most popular college sports games in the US.

There was a cottage industry of people working together to create accurate rosters of every team in the game.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Am I the only one who hasn't been able to figure out wind in Madden since the SNES days?

After the coin flip, I have no idea from the information given which side of the field I should choose to get the wind at my back.

And before kicks at any time in the game, I can't find a wind indicator. It all comes down to memory from any other kick-offs in the quarter.

Just give me a flag showing which way the wind is blowing gosh snarnit!

I haven't been able to figure out anything at all since SNES days. I get rolled in Madden so bad it's embrassing.

Top Bottom