• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden Season 3: Rules, current draft positions and more inside!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Rorschach,I dont think I have you on my xbox friends list...whats your xbox tag again?

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Fifty said:
I guess if you forget the games we've played, then yeah.

Hey he's still getting over 100 yards a game and atleast 1 or 2 tds :p You dont shut him down completely :p

Take away the Ravens D and remember what he used to do to the Colts :p

Matrix

Malleymal said:
I know our d was in the gutter..... I want to play some more , I need to get prepared for the season...

I'll play ya again,but I'd rather play an unranked game with longer time,like 6 mins if thats cool? I hate 4 min games, league games are longer.

Matrix

Shadax

Banned
Rorschach said:
I'm up for any challenge :p

Sorry about the disconnect, Shadax...dunno what happened. It was a close game, too :\

No problem...after the disconnect, I had the CPU down 13-7 in the 4th with 1:30 to go and they had no timeouts, and they drove to my 6 yd line and got a TD with 1 sec left!

FUUUUUUCK. :(

Matrix

GG Malley,holy shit could I have dropped anymore key passes...geez you suck armstrong...wide open.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
i dont see u on ?? u are on my buddy list

also rors... put me on your list... Malleymal is my tag

and REal good game Wells

Fifty

We should start a new Season 3 thread once you officially start it tomorrow, FMT. I think it would be a good idea, just so we'd have a fresh start for the start of our biggest season yet :D

Matrix

Wellington said:
I just got hammered by Malleymal. Probably my worst game as the Bills! I allowed 21 points. :(

I got my ass kicked the 2nd game I played him,did you score at all with your new O?Im not sure if my Texans can hang with certain teams :( I think the only reason I won the first game I played against him was cause he had never faced me before.

Friggin Chiefs are good in this game :(

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
Malleymal said:
i dont see u on ?? u are on my buddy list

also rors... put me on your list... Malleymal is my tag

and REal good game Wells

Good game Malley, I have to work on playing with the Jags playbook it is alot different then the Eagles.

Bog

Junior Ace
Fifty said:
We should start a new Season 3 thread once you officially start it tomorrow, FMT. I think it would be a good idea, just so we'd have a fresh start for the start of our biggest season yet :D

Agreed.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
my luck got brought to an abrupt end, thanks to FMT.... GG man... I will be back, and Priest will not be denied....!!!!111!

Shadax

Banned
Is MilitantBlack Maverick? Why do I have the feeling that I'll be waiting until the deadline each time to play him? :) Mav, if you're around, will you be able to play our game today after FMT starts Season 3?

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Matrix said:
I got my ass kicked the 2nd game I played him,did you score at all with your new O?Im not sure if my Texans can hang with certain teams :( I think the only reason I won the first game I played against him was cause he had never faced me before.

Friggin Chiefs are good in this game :(

Yeah it was all offense. I played terribly in the first half and threw an int and ended up being down 14-0 near the half. I went with a 'near no-huddle' offense for a lot of the second half which had a bit of success. I thought I was doing a lot of things wrong, but other than that int I actually did alright when I saw the stats. 11 carries for 80 yards, 24 passing attempts for 170 yards (11 completions, which is what killed me). Malley's offense was just so ridiculously good, that screen pass was run so damned well. My defense (my BRAND NEW defense) could not hang with him at all. I am highly impressed and I look forward to playing him again. He will shock a lot of people this season.

One thing that was particularly impressive was that he would switch to the appropriate defender and make a lot of the plays himself. That takes pretty good presence of mind.

Don't worry about the Texans man, they are your favorite team so play harder with them. I never thought I'd be so high in offensive categories with the Giants (#1 offense in the first ESPN league :lol), there are things you have to do to cover up your team's holes. I don't usually play as the Texans so that is something you will have to determine for yourself. I'll tell you what though, you have a very solid defense...

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Malleymal said:
my luck got brought to an abrupt end, thanks to FMT.... GG man... I will be back, and Priest will not be denied....!!!!111!

I saw you online yesterday, seemed like everytime I finished my game you were in the middle of another one. Good to see you playing and seems like you are playing well.

Matrix

Wellington said:
Yeah it was all offense. I played terribly in the first half and threw an int and ended up being down 14-0 near the half. I went with a 'near no-huddle' offense for a lot of the second half which had a bit of success. I thought I was doing a lot of things wrong, but other than that int I actually did alright when I saw the stats. 11 carries for 80 yards, 24 passing attempts for 170 yards (11 completions, which is what killed me). Malley's offense was just so ridiculously good, that screen pass was run so damned well. My defense (my BRAND NEW defense) could not hang with him at all. I am highly impressed and I look forward to playing him again. He will shock a lot of people this season.

One thing that was particularly impressive was that he would switch to the appropriate defender and make a lot of the plays himself. That takes pretty good presence of mind.

Don't worry about the Texans man, they are your favorite team so play harder with them. I never thought I'd be so high in offensive categories with the Giants (#1 offense in the first ESPN league :lol), there are things you have to do to cover up your team's holes. I don't usually play as the Texans so that is something you will have to determine for yourself. I'll tell you what though, you have a very solid defense...

Yea Malley is lethal with Holmes on screen passes,most of his huge scoring plays involved screens.I think I did ok against him,I'm not worried about the Texans O as I dropped a lot of passes in the 2nd game I had againt him.The D play is going to have to improve bigtime for me or its going to be a long season :( The Texans seem to be real solid at stopping the run game,again for some reason,it must be me,but I get my butt kicked in th air.I'm going to have to learn to play saftey or CB,I think it might help make a difference if I'm trying to make the plays myself....Ive seen what Fifty can do,and Im jealous :p

Fifty

You should play safety, and stick with it. Whatever you do, stick with it, because practice makes a huge difference. If you want to try safety, which I think you'd be good at, don't give up on it after a few bad plays. Just fix what you're doing wrong, and you'll have potential for plenty of gamebreaking plays.

Matrix

Thx,I'm going to start trying out saftey against the computer and in practice mode...I played some saftey against Malley last night,not a lot,but I didnt get burned so thats good :)

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Matrix said:
Yea Malley is lethal with Holmes on screen passes,most of his huge scoring plays involved screens.I think I did ok against him,I'm not worried about the Texans O as I dropped a lot of passes in the 2nd game I had againt him.The D play is going to have to improve bigtime for me or its going to be a long season :( The Texans seem to be real solid at stopping the run game,again for some reason,it must be me,but I get my butt kicked in th air.I'm going to have to learn to play saftey or CB,I think it might help make a difference if I'm trying to make the plays myself....Ive seen what Fifty can do,and Im jealous :p

I got my second user pick as a lineman today. :D It pretty much won the game for me... saved my ass as I had played horribly.

Fifty

User pick with a lineman? :lol :lol Hmmm.....Looks like I'll have to get some CB sacks to even the playing field.

Top Bottom