• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mafia 3 announcement imminent? Take-Two registers several domains.

sunnz

Even with its troubles and cuts, mafia 2 was still a great game and one of those games that I will always remember ( could have been one of the best if not for the cuts)

Excited for the 3rd one. Hope it is similar, keeps the seasonal changes and setting but adds a lot of the content that was cut back into it.

Pachimari

I hope it will be a self contained story again, and not a direct sequel to Mafia II. Though I hear it ended on a cliff-hanger.

Anarckhy

Neo Member
Did he said "Sorry Mickey, Joe or Tony isn't coming" ? So we would expect that during this week to see the reveal.

Can't seem to riddle it out. But seems likely that we'll be getting a reveal really really soon, perhaps this week or the next.

Mr. Tibbs

Here's the old posting about the project reboot back when Rod Ferguson was the studio head.

BdomgdhCYAAhJX6.png

What time period do you think the game will take place in?

Even with its troubles and cuts, mafia 2 was still a great game and one of those games that I will always remember ( could have been one of the best if not for the cuts)

Excited for the 3rd one. Hope it is similar, keeps the seasonal changes and setting but adds a lot of the content that was cut back into it.

What are you referring to when you say cuts?

Zoso

It's been a long time, been a long time, been a long lonely lonely lonely lonely lonely time.
Yes! I was waiting for this to show up at E3, but no dice.

Mafia 1 & 2 are some of my favorite games. Hopefully they announce it soon.

Rembrandt

Banned
So, LA Noire or Mafia 2? Gonna purchase one. Need recommendations.

Mafia II. Or maybe LA Noire and rent Mafia II since that's shorter. Personally, I really liked LA Noire with all its faults and it definitely has some, while Mafia II is just generally solid all the way around. Different type of games completely, though.

Mafia II has collectible playboy mags if that helps.

SparkTR

So, LA Noire or Mafia 2? Gonna purchase one. Need recommendations.

Mafia 2 is great on PC, still looks fantastic and has nice PhysX effects. The main issue is getting all the DLC is a pain, some of it can only be bought with the European retail Ultimate Edition release for some reason.

Nibel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PC2rg_qWfYs

Description says: " Video from IGN , but those video block so reupload :) I do not know if it's fake : / ".

Seems legit as IGN usually leaks. 2016 release.

EDIT: Uploaded to vid.me --> https://vid.me/e/U91V

- That's the IGN Logo, not their watermark for their videos
- You see basically nothing which tells me the faker didn't have assets to play with
- Sound is not clear enough
- Audience seems fake, guess they have been cut out from another video? Also who cheers for Mafia 3 like that these days
- If this was an IGN video, why is it filmed offscreen from a monitor instead of direct feed like every other IGN First reveal?
- Oh, and that logo at the end? 10-15 minutes Adobe Premiere and Photoshop

F A K E as shit

Before looking at every nook and cranny of old trailers to see downgrades was a thing after the watch dogs debacle, if you were a fan of mafia and watched the old trailers repeteadly, you could see there were a lot of cut sections of the game.
There was this whole christmas section of going to the church that was completly cut.
We also know this because of people at the studio said and the game got lots of delays.
Some of the cut content appeared as DLC, the prison segment and playing with Joe, that DLC rounds a lot more the whole game and uses the whole city map that was severly missused on the game without DLC.

Which game? Mafia 1 was a PC game first, Mafia 2 was a solid port IIRC.

Mafia 2 was not a PC port, it was worked as a PC version always. Is the same case as the Witcher 3.

Anarckhy

Neo Member
- That's the IGN Logo, not their watermark for their videos
- You see basically nothing which tells me the faker didn't have assets to play with
- Sound is not clear enough
- Audience seems fake, guess they have been cut out from another video? Also who cheers for Mafia 3 like that these days
- If this was an IGN video, why is it filmed offscreen from a monitor instead of direct feed like every other IGN First reveal?
- Oh, and that logo at the end? 10-15 minutes Adobe Premiere and Photoshop

F A K E as shit

I stand corrected. It's fake. Got super hyped for no reason. Thanks for clarifying in depth!

Bluecondor

This website has an impressive listing of everything that was allegedly cut from the final version of Mafia II:

https://tcrf.net/Mafia_II

For me, this description of DLC - allegedly called "Rags to Riches" might have made Mafia II one of my favorite games of all-time:

"21_52_80_0003:After so long, you are free again. You lost everything but your courage and your hunger for vengeance. Four men control this city. Four gang bosses who know only blood and violence. Four traitors who'll stop at nothing. Your mission is to destroy their organizations, and ruin those bastards financially. Kill them all."

If this was properly integrated into Mafia's open world, this would have been amazing. Hopefully this will show up in some form in Mafia III.

Mr Swine

Banned
Wow, how could I miss this news??? I do hope they reveal the game soon and show some gameplay on gamescom, would be fantastic if the game could come out this year!

Also is there a reason why Mafia 1 isn't on steam?

Top Bottom