• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[MAFIA] Fight Club |OT| On a long enough timeline...

Sorian

Banned
good thing your teammate had your back this game

really pulled through for you, he did

I forgive him, he did his best. I'm sure the nap was good and he probably needed it. Life can get pretty tiring and catching up on sleep is a very healthy alternative to mafia.

CzarTim

037IRjP.jpg

Fight Club's final meeting was prematurely interrupted by a knock at the door. Everyone looked around, confused.

"Excuse me, is this Arby's open?" asked the voice.

Pop-O-Matic opened the door. "Actually, it shut down ye--" But before he could finish his sentence, a fist met his cheek.

The shadowy figure entered. "FIGHT CLUB, MOTHER FUCKERS."

Before anyone could react, the stranger kicked Matt Attack in the balls. He dropped to the ground with a groan.

Lone_Prodigy backed himself into the corner. "Please, please don't hurt me. I-- I-- wait, are you Kim Deal?"

Kim Deal leaned in close and whispered, "You're god damned right."

"Awesome! I love your work-- oh god, what is that? What are you-- OH GOD HELP PLEASE NO!'

But Kim just laughed as she shoved the device into Lone's ear and began siphoning out his brain matter.

"WHERE IS YOUR MIND?" she laughed as she bit into a Corned Beef 'n Cheese Slider.

Lone_Prodigy & Sawneeks win I guess. If you consider having your brain blown apart and sucked out of your head a victory

Teams said:
Kristoffer & kingkitty
Darryl & LaunchpadMcQ
Pop-O-Matic & Burbeting
Zippedpinhead & nin1000
Blargonaut & Makai
Lone_Prodigy & Sawneeks
Hyperactivity & Sorian
SalvaPot & Matt Attack
*Splinter & Kalor

Priority & Numbers picked said:
Kristoffer - 2 - 2
Sawneeks - 3 - 7
Matt Attack - 5 - 1
Zippedpinhead - 6 - 3
Sorian - 9 - 8
*Splinter - 11 - 1
Burbeting - 12 - 1
Pop-O-Matic - 13 - 44
nin1000 - 23-12
Lone_Prodigy - 34 - 93
LaunchpadMcQ - 7 - 2
Kalor - 7 - 2
kingkitty - 10 - 1
Blargonaut - 10 - 17
Hyperactivity - 1 - 3
SalvaPot - 1 - 6
Makai - 1 - 11
Darryl - 1 - 98

Night One Kills said:
Kristoffer - hyper
Matt Attack - kalor
Zippedpinhead - splinter
*Splinter - burb
Burbeting - blarg
Pop-O-Matic - mak
nin1000 - saw
Lone_Prodigy - darryl
LaunchpadMcQ - mak
Kalor - kris
kingkitty - hyper
Blargonaut - burb
Hyperactivity - darryl
SalvaPot - zipp
Makai - lone
Darryl - hyper

Night 2 Kills said:
Matt Attack - burb
Burbeting - matt
Pop-O-Matic - kitty
nin1000 - launch
Lone_Prodigy - nin
LaunchpadMcQ - L_P
kingkitty - burb

Night 3 Kills said:
Matt Attack - Pop
Pop-O-Matic - Matt
Lone_Prodigy - Pop

---------------------

---------------------

MVP

Matt Attack - Matt, that was a good gambit at the end and you probably would have won if I had not fucked with the rules, so you deserve this more than anyone.

---------------------

Setup Notes

This is a silly game that will never be fully balanced, so I'm not taking it too seriously. I was a bit disappointed so few tried to form an alliance, as that's the best way to mitigate the priority order. But with no assurances and games being over so quick, it's hard to blame anyone.

I was hoping having two player teams would cause people to telegraph their kill a bit more, but it ended up having no real effect on the game. At least it fit with the theme!

I enjoyed the number game a lot more than random order.

Day start ended up being a bad idea with a larger game, but I think it would work better with a smaller game.

Random ideas if someone wants to run another one:

- Whoever wins the vote during the day phase does not get removed, but gains nk immunity for that one night. That way people will want to participate more.

- Everyone gets a nightly tracker too to better guess people's priority.

I got MVP in a GAFia game. I must be dreaming.

We got robed ROBED.

Matt Attack won for us in my heart.

I'm really sorry I couldn't bring it home for us! I was starting to get the feeling that my priority was high, but the three way showdown was just way too exciting to pass up.

Anyway, congrats to Sawneeks and L_P! Sorry about your brain! And thanks for hosting Tim! I definitely think both of the rules you suggested would be worth a shot down the line.

I took the concern from Matt_Attack too seriously, leading me to think I had highest priority during that last round due to killing kitty and that Burb was taken out by one of the other night 2 kills. In retrospect, I should have tried harder to convince L_P & Matt that I had lower priority (including, if Tim would have let it flied, forging a screenshot of me sending in an order to kill nin1000) instead of agreeing to the skip to night 3. Still, it was fairly enjoyable for my first GAFia, but I feel like I'd rather play a more standard Mafia game next time instead of this.

Sorian

Banned
You all really should have let me beat down Launch night 1. I would have won :/

Special thanks to Nin for upholding our Cthulhu bro code. You have been granted one Sorian Favor™

You may redeem this for any one mafia-related favor at any time and in any place by quoting or linking to this post.

Usual terms and conditions apply. Favor may not in anyway break the conventional rules of a mafia game or any special rules in place of the specific mafia game that this favor is trying to be redeemed. If favor is unable to be redeemed per exception above, it will be refunded to you. Expiration date: 12/31/2016 or 31/12/2016 since you're weird.

Sorian

Banned
I took the concern from Matt_Attack too seriously, leading me to think I had highest priority during that last round due to killing kitty and that Burb was taken out by one of the other night 2 kills. In retrospect, I should have tried harder to convince L_P & Matt that I had lower priority (including, if Tim would have let it flied, forging a screenshot of me sending in an order to kill nin1000) instead of agreeing to the skip to night 3. Still, it was fairly enjoyable for my first GAFia, but I feel like I'd rather play a more standard Mafia game next time instead of this.

The bolded would never be ok and if Tim had agreed then we would have all brought him out for a paddlin'

CzarTim

Burb sent me this PM right before he died:

Alright, that's good enough for me, I just needed to hear you wouldn't say "He didn't ask me this".

You can share my gambit in the dead thread if you want, so I'll just post it here to gather my thoughts, heh.

I posted that I was going to duel my partner during N2, something that won't happen obviously, but I'm aiming for multiple directions here.

a) Nobody interferes, so that me and Pop both make it to D3.
b) Someone tells out loud in thread they will aim at me or Pop, so that I can actually target them and so keep at least one of us alive.

Now obviously there is the possibility C that nobody tells out loud that they will kill us, yet they do it anyway. Still, I feel happy about our chances since there is only five people agains us, and we two will most likely get two people killed. If priorities go right (I think I have atleast okay priority), we might get our assailants killed first. It's blind luck, but it still is there.

If Pop and I survive till D3 with three people remaining, we win. If we survive with four people remaining, I would persuade one of them to join our cause and "win" at the top 3. However, if we both survive and there are five remaining, there could be a problem since they would see that the duel was obviously fake. If this happends, I will go to two different directions.

1) I could say that I simply bailed out. Kinda risky though, I might be distrusted and killed.

2) Tell out loud that I did try to kill Pop, yet the kill didn't go thourgh. I would "ask" you why my kill order wouldn't go through, and tell others you didn't answer. I would look at the rules of the game once more, and point out that there is no clear indication that no power roles are at play. So I would make the conclusion that there is a roleblocker at play, and that roleblocker is Pop's partner. I wouldn't persuade Pop since I can't obviously vote him.

Now if D3 begins with six or seven alive, we are screwed since things would look just way too suspicious. But I can't see a world with just 0-1 night deaths.

Sorian

Banned
Tim yelled at me once for quoting innocuous flavor from my role PM. I'm still emotionally scarred from that day.

Everyone ignored me anyway since the flavor was so ridiculous.

Strange win, but I'll take it.

I spun the wheel and landed on Pop.

EDIT: Clearly I didn't understand the rules on priority numbers.

CzarTim

Tim yelled at me once for quoting innocuous flavor from my role PM. I'm still emotionally scarred from that day.

Everyone ignored me anyway since the flavor was so ridiculous.

Just fyi the issue there was that people might be able to tell if the flavor was my writing style which might confirm your claim. Or put a spotlight on scum not being able to fully fake claim flavor because there was none.

Sorian

Banned
Just fyi the issue there was that people might be able to tell if the flavor was my writing style which might confirm your claim. Or put a spotlight on scum not being able to fully fake claim flavor because there was none.

Fair, I was just lazy at work (if I remember right) but we had already seen your lovely jailer and cop flavor from batsnacks and kark's flips so I should have just not been a lazy fuck and actually mimic'd your flavor myself. My bad. Thanks for not mod killing me :D

Burbeting

Banned
Too bad we got screwed in the end, Pop. My gambit got you to lose, sorry :(.

I didn't realize Matt had a great way to abuse a loophole in my gambit, which he then did. Good job.

I should have realized something was seriously off when Matt, who was apparently afraid that I had highest priority and would easily beat him, agreed to jump straight to night 3 where he almost certainly would end up killed by me unless he had the highest priority.

grats sawneeksie and lone prodigy!

everyone else, gg~

i agree with czar's review on the game but i think it was still pretty fun and it gives a lot of good pointers for the next experimental vig short games :>

i like the flavour, as well ^_____^

well deserved mvp award, too! u was very fun to watch, matty!

Sawneeks

Banned
If only Sawneeks' night action went through.

I'm still super bummed it didn't go through but you did it!!! Against all odds you showed them who the real and true champ of Fight Club is! We may have won as a team but you basically won this solo considering the nothing I did. Congrats LP!

Top Bottom