• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic mushrooms are the safest recreational drug, study says

Spenny

Yep. Never had a single issue with mushrooms. I've moved past them and only really use DMT and mescaline now, but they're great for beginner psyconauts.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
I also like brewing tea. Sometimes eating them can upset your stomach a bit and for some people thats enough to set them off thinking that they are getting sick and cause a bad trip. Brewing tea basically eliminates the shitty feelimg in your stomach. Or just realize that its normal for your stomach to turn a little and dont freak out about it.
Yup yup. Brewing shroom tea is by far the most comfortable method to consume them for most people. Zero upset stomach and the psilocybin kicks in so much faster.

Also do yourself a favor and watch this movie on shrooms.

large_9C1C6G506dqLTB7ibbIYcVf83ij.jpg

subrock

What are the side effects and dangers of taking ecstacy? Compared to this ��... Just wondering

Ecstasy is also incredibly safe. There are no documented lasting neurotoxic effects (there was a study in 2002 that thought they showed neurotoxicity, but they mixed up their test vials and actually tested Meth). Most of the negative stuff you've heard about MDMA is propaganda pumped out by the USA and UK during the 90s in an attempt to lump it in with more dangerous and addictive drugs. At worst, with a clean batch, you risk over-hydration or over-heating, and, in some rare cases, heart issues.

The problem that you run into with MDMA is that it's a extremely common to get a total shit mix of drugs when you buy it on the street and that's incredibly dangerous at the moment because of fentanyl and carfentanil. If you are interested in trying it, find a reliable source, test your shit (you can buy testing reagents on amazon) and have a naloxone kit on hand as well as a trip sitter if you're really paranoid. Standard dose is ~100mg, but a half dose to start is totally enjoyable too. It's a incredible drug, which is part of the reason that it's so popular and so often faked.

I'm still too scared ��

as I mentioned earlier, not every dose is a journey through the ultraverse. If you are really curious, get a scale and take about .5 grams, you will stay firmly planted in reality but things will seem a little weird for 4 hours. If you start to feel bad, go for a walk with some emotionally positive music and you'll feel like a million bucks. A strong dose of 2.5 - 4 grams is fun, but not recommended for beginners.

Ecstasy is also incredibly safe. There are no documented lasting neurotoxic effects (there was a study in 2002 that thought they showed neurotoxicity, but they mixed up their test vials and actually tested Meth). Most of the negative stuff you've heard about MDMA is propaganda pumped out by the USA and UK during the 90s in an attempt to lump it in with more dangerous and addictive drugs. At worst, with a clean batch, you risk over-hydration or over-heating, and, in some rare cases, heart issues.

The problem that you run into with MDMA is that it's a extremely common to get a total shit mix of drugs when you buy it on the street and that's incredibly dangerous at the moment because of fentanyl and carfentanil. If you are interested in trying it, find a reliable source, test your shit (you can buy testing reagents on amazon) and have a naloxone kit on hand as well as a trip sitter if you're really paranoid. Standard dose is ~100mg, but a half dose to start is totally enjoyable too. It's a incredible drug, which is part of the reason that it's so popular and so often faked

Ah okay, thanks for the tips! 🤓

This is pretty much why I've never been one to touch drugs like Mushrooms and LSD. I don't like having lack of control of my actions and perceptions. Even if they have little to no addiction/dependence liability, the dangers of taking them and not being aware of what you are doing is why I would never do them.

Alcohol has more impact on these functions than psychedelics for most people in my experience.

Alcohol has more impact on these functions than psychedelics for most people in my experience.

I believe that. Alcohol is the most overrated drug ever. All it does is inhibit and make you forget your troubles, and does nothing but inhibit your mental functions. Yawn.

On another note, it's still crazy that tetrahydrocannabinol is illegal yet tobacco is not.

sirap

Does time slow or speed up?

Both! However, the changes aren't so drastic that I'm in bullet time or speeding around like Barry Allen.

It's very subtle and whenever time slows down everything has that shitty PS2-era motion blur.

Just avoid salvia unless you're an experienced psychonaut. It works, oh yes, but it is most definitely not a party drug.

Salvia is some scary shit.

Felt like wind was constantly blowing on my hands and I saw my hands melting. My place felt like I was in a fun house and I could see myself from bird's eye view.

sirap

Salvia is some scary shit.

Felt like wind was constantly blowing on my hands and I saw my hands melting. My place felt like I was in a fun house and I could see myself from bird's eye view.

Salvia is some dark, cosmic horror shit. It's also the only thing that has any significant effect on me (the other is baby woodrose seeds)

tumblr_n43qpoXGUU1rgn3nyo1_400.gif

This was my experience with saliva 60x, only I wasn't Superman so I spent the entire afternoon flat on my back getting crushed by immense pressure and constant pounding. Never again.

Salvia is some dark, cosmic horror shit. It's also the only thing that has any significant effect on me (the other is baby woodrose seeds)

tumblr_n43qpoXGUU1rgn3nyo1_400.gif

This was my experience with saliva 60x, only I wasn't Superman so I spent the entire afternoon flat on my back getting crushed by immense pressure and constant pounding. Never again.

You didn't see any sort of visual hallucanations with Salvia? I've heard nothing but bad things about it.

akira28

I live in one of the few areas where some golden something or other grows, and there's bunch of fallen trees in the woods near here. I almost want to go searching, but damn I am scared of getting the wrong thing.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
I live in one of the few areas where some golden something or other grows, and there's bunch of fallen trees in the woods near here. I almost want to go searching, but damn I am scared of getting the wrong thing.

Either have a magical journey through Narnia or spend the night shitting your guts out. Trial and error.

The problem with psychedelic drugs is that a lot of people think they broaden your mind (and they can, if used responsibly) but really most people I know take them often, or often enough for the objective to simply be to "trip balls" and whatnot.

I've only taken acid/shrooms a handful of times throughout 7/8 years and each experience was unique and eye-opening in one way or another. But for many, I think the experience is strictly recreational and they revisit the experience a few times too many, IMO.

This has been my experience personally. When I was real young and first got ahold of LSD, my friends and I would do it every chance we got. It was definitely recreational, and it was a lot of fun, but nothing profound.

Just a good way to spend an evening with good friends listening to music and wandering around and shit.

As I got older and use grew more infrequent, I found trips to be a lot more enlightening, and I credit one particular trip with fixing my mindset about my marriage. I don't know that I'd have figured that shit out right (or quickly enough) otherwise.

You didn't see any sort of visual hallucanations with Salvia? I've heard nothing but bad things about it.

Its scary and amazing. I take a deep long hard drag and as soon as I let the smoke out its full ego death and out of this world hallucinations. Felt like I spent an hour trying to figure out what the fuck I was, trapped in this colourful world.

This was in the 10x -20x range. Not 60x. Geez.

The scariness comes later when you realize home much of a tenuous grasp you have on reality.

Imm0rt4l

a friend of mine jumped from a hotel window some 12 stories up when he was high on shrooms, he was left unsupervised. I've been scared to try it since, as much as I'd like to.

kyser73

If you've never sat down and had a direct and frank discussion with your own id (and I mean discussion, a real internal debate with a part of your brain that is way smarter than you and your conscious brain) then you haven't lived.

Agreed. I've only done acid 6 times and mushies about 12 or 13 times, along with a couple of DMT trips, and each time I've had long journeys around the inside of my head, seen the good, bad & ugly and come out of it better. In fact the reason I haven't touched acid again is because the last time I didn't get that insight, found the trip to be boring and decided that was that.

If anyone can find it, I heartily recommend combing 75-100mg of TMA-2 with a standard dose of MDMA. Most blessed I've ever been on psychedelic amphetamines.

My first time on mushrooms didnt go so hot, only because I, being a worry wort, was afraid I would never come down. Subsequent times only got better.

Then my apartment mate junior and senior year of college grew them, so there was always a bowl on the table...let's say I got very adapt at controlling the trip.

Today, I can be at a party on a decent dose and be playing drinking games, ect and people can't even tell unless I make it known. There are some mushroom chocolate bars coming out of Colorado that are ridiculous.

I find the month or so after a dose is so good for my anxiety and keeps depression at bay.

Davey Cakes

Videodrome while high was quite an experience, to say the least. Other Cronenberg movies like The Fly and Naked Lunch also made for interesting viewing while baked.

Top Bottom