• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: The Gathering |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

JulianImp

A long time ago I built the Second Sunrise eggs deck. It was so uninteractive I willinggly retired it after playing in two tourneys. Taking 10+ minutes on a single turn with the chance of your combo failing on its own was absurd, and the deck doesn't even do that well against many average decks (Counterpells? Discard? Artifact removal on my Lotus Blooms during upkeep? Scoop). Even by playing the deck myself I learned to absolutely loath it, since I couldn't help but sympathise with my poor opponents.

I'm in love with the Simic, mostly due to their host of Oozes (I collect them!); I'm only sad that Experiment One is a creepy ooze-human hibrid rather than just an ooze.

I really don't get why the Gruul basically got the mechanic they originally intended for the Golgari. I know that they're all about atacking and stuff, but the flavor behind the mechanic is all kinds of wrong. Another flavor thing would've been allowing Cypher to encode stuff on your opponents creatures, since at least it could've added some versatility and even more flavor (brainwashing the creatures into being double agents).

The expansion's fine, despite not having too many obviously overpowered cards. Hopefully, I'll be able to make a Izzet-Simic or Golgari-Simic deck with the cards I get, since I really like those color combinations.

kirblar

If lands over creatures bothers you so much, how would you feel if you had to play a legacy dredge deck where their graveyard is all over the board?
This doesn't bother people because it makes the game state easier to read. Lands before creatures does the opposite.

This set kinda sucks from the meeting expectations point of view, it's like they made 0 attempt at standardizing the feel and power of the two large sets, leaving five guilds (and their fans) randomly hosed because they got the clown-car design & dev team.
Rant postponed till Saturday, but I've got a lot to say on this.

y2dvd

sW284Fq.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom