• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MAJOR changes coming to Easy Allies in 2024 (failed to meet profit targets)

Pidull

Anyone notice those awkward camera cuts?

Suddenly, a wild Brad appears at the table.

Then he says he'll definitely come back for shows here and there, while Isla meekly responds, "yeah... yeah........ yeaaaah....."

Then immediately after that, another camera cut to Blood saying goodbye and thanks, with a quick cut to Brad poofing out of existence.

Spoiler: He won't be back for cameo appearances.

If he actually took a spot with LSM, I will be extremely happy for him. EZA is no longer taking its last gasps, it's dead.

Last edited:
Brad appeared on a sacred symbols+ show about kh with dustin. It was very succesful. In return brad invited dustin to appear on a frame trap episode which was very succesful as well but few days after there was huge drama on resetera since their vocal but very cheap fans were complaining nonstop that eza was giving a platform to racist/bigoted etc. people.

Eza fans have been like that for a long while. There has been many instances where they stopped the eza personalites to do collab with other channel that would bring more subs.

I was a patreon supporter the first 3 year, 5 dollar tear and cancelled right after bosman left.

Really sad how thinghs turn out for them :///
I guess when you pander to Resetera crowd it does not work that well :messenger_tears_of_joy:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
They brought in Dustin from Sacred Symbols and a small minority of the community was mad that they brought in someone affiliated with Colin cause he's "transphobic". They took down the video and basically banned Dustin/put down Brad despite Brad and Dustin being really good friends.

it was a stupid thing to do.
Cowards.

Rest in Piss.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
What a shame. Very sad.

Steve Harvey Wow GIF by NBC

Davey Cakes

Writing’s been on the wall for a while but I’m still a bit sad that they never really turned things around. Kyle, Ben, and Jones leaving were bad enough and the COVID period definitely hurt their momentum.

I’m as annoyed at “certain community members” as anyone else but I hold no resentment of the Allies for trying to navigate the recent mess.

I’ve been a fan for years and I still really appreciate the EZA vibe. I follow a bunch of different gaming channels and none of them can 100% replicate what I get out of EZA.

We’ll see where this goes. If I can’t get as much new content from them, there’s always a backlog of videos and streams to catch up on. I’m currently going through Brandon Plays Pokemon for the first time and it’s been a blast.

Really excited for Brad. No shame in moving on for your own self-interest.

At least they’re not going away for good (yet). Could be worse like what’s happening with the crew at That One Video Gamer.

Last edited:
Oh shit. Bradley really did get poached by Moriarty.

So much for their Reee-derived audience. When will the games media learn not to appease these people? You will literally go broke.
I'm still baffled that the entire games "journalist" ecosystem seems to be centered around catering to a tiny Internet forum which has around 4,000 active members

They literally pretended the best selling game of 2023 doesn't exist to appease the purple crazies instead of you know making money covering the best selling game of 2023, I guess this is what it's like when political ideology is more important than putting food on your table

Mooreberg

I used to hang out a lot at the GameTrailers forums and watch these guys back in the day, but I never followed them to YouTube after that site shut down.

Nothing I’ve seen from their channel has been particularly interesting.

GameTrailers was a site I'd visit daily during their heyday, even before they posted their first video review, Battlefield 2, in 2005. I never really understood why the site was shut down to begin with. If the site traffic was underwhelming, how were they getting people like Keighley and Pachter to do original shows on a regular basis? Also, how is siftd still around?

Once you go to YouTube, you're just one of several dozen subscriptions, and I already have a "watch later" list of around 5K videos, so that wasn't gonna help either. So I never followed them there. I wish them well, but YouTube is just overly crowded with gaming content, it has to be extremely difficult to gain an audience if you haven't already had one for years. I pretty much stopped visiting YouTube a while ago, just watch stuff like the GTA6 announcement trailer on there now.

Without Bosman there was little point but with no Ben, no Brandon, no Brad...why do they even exist? Outside of Don there is no personality.

The journalism isn't great and their guests aren't thought provoking.

Colin was right.

No Brandon? Things must be rough, he was one of the original co-founders.

Pelao

I followed them for a few years until shortly after Kyle left, but they never really managed to recapture the GameTrailers magic that made me watch them in the first place. Their time at Jones' garage was peak EZA, and I feel like it all went downhill once they moved to the studio.
The EpicBattleAxe crew was better anyway.

Last edited:

LordCBH

Call me wtf you want, I loved the crew but things changed and now I almost don't watch them.

They CLEARLY changed with the whole Isla thing. They openly refused to review one of the biggest game of the year, they no longer have that best friend vibe.

I still watch the bosman show, he is great. Only guy left that I like is Huber.

So 2 guys from a crew of like 10 ? I hate to say it but they are going downhill...

Used to absolutely love the content they put out. Would listen to all their podcasts, watch their videos. But man I fell off HARD. They used to be so damn good, but kinda turned shit.

Portugeezer

Splitting the Brad/Huber combo is a crime.

But good luck to Brad, the elephant in the room is Last Stand Media, and they would have denied the rumours long ago if they weren't true, so it must be happening.

Goss Harag

Neo Member
My one concern from this is that that little toxic "Love and Respect" cult they harboured will make it's way to MinnMax. I've seen them be mentioned a few times on Reddit and Resetera and the last thing MinnMax needs is those little weasels starting to throw their voice around crying for attention at every given moment.

Fbh

LOL if Brad really did get poached by Last Stand Media.

As for EZA, as someone who was a patreon for the first few years.....meh, it's the just the same ship that has been sinking for a while getting close to being fully submerged.
This is what happens when you loose most of your best members and rather than reinvent the brand in a cool new way you decide to doble down on listening to the most toxic part of your community and re-center your image to focus on a an annoying woke trans woman.

Last edited:

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
Used to absolutely love the content they put out. Would listen to all their podcasts, watch their videos. But man I fell off HARD. They used to be so damn good, but kinda turned shit.
Yeah I used to be a Patreon years ago when they were in Brandon’s garage after game trailers. They used to be great. Sad to see them pander to a loud minority but it’s unfortunately the only way they were going to learn.

The shit they pulled with Dustin from LSM was laughable. They have now paid heavily for being snakes in that regard and I have no real sympathy for them. The writing has been on the wall for years now with these guys.

What came first, pushing away their real talent like Ben, Brandon and Kyle or pushing away the audience?
The latter. They gave in to Resetera type people complaining because they enjoyed playing DOAX3 (or was it Senran Kagura?), a game that the community voted for them to play, which led to the first exodus of Patreon support.

And apparently they gave in to the vocal minority once again recently. They've learned nothing over the years lol

Last edited:

Bkdk

When I look at that 2 hosts in that video, especially that, I don't even know what to call that one talking on the left, first thing first, find some ways to get someone that at least look better, or just find a way to use AI and make themselves virtual with AI to help them look better, that should be their very first step.

Roni

Gold Member
Some groups are better off together, but either money or hubris gets in the way and they become less than the sum of their parts by themselves. Kinda Funny, Easy Allies, Giant Bomb, Escapist, etc...

Sort of sad that most people don't realize they have a good thing going until they've given up on it.

K2D

Banned
They need a new campaign akin to what they had when they started.

They probably need more outside funding.

...and they need someone that can fill the void of Kyle Bosman/Brandon Jones and to a lesser degree Ben Moore.

AND THEY HAVE TO STOP PANDERING TO THEIR LITTLE DISCORD ECHO CHAMBER RESPONSIBLE FOR THE LAST CONTROVERSY.

My one concern from this is that that little toxic "Love and Respect" cult they harboured will make it's way to MinnMax. I've seen them be mentioned a few times on Reddit and Resetera and the last thing MinnMax needs is those little weasels starting to throw their voice around crying for attention at every given moment.

L&R is a Easy Allies thing from Day 1 in 2016.

More accurate would be to point at their discord/era circle.

L&R phrasing was used by everyone. And also to hurt or ridicule by BOTH leftist and right-trolls.

I'm a centrist and moderate and obviously I did not do well with other "Allies" because they are so militant in their beliefs.
I haven't paid attention to any mainstream games journalists in at least 10 years, so I have no clue who these people are. I also have no idea why anyone would pay a subscription fee to listen to a bunch of people talk about video games, when there's so many free alternatives out there.

Do you tip service people or pay for games you enjoy? If not then I complete understand your sentiment.

It's like they say on MinnMax.. If you support them with $5 you contributed with a factor of 40'000 as opposed to only watching their vids with ads on.

Last edited:

jcorb

Bummer to hear, I wasn’t aware of the drama that happened, but Brad definitely seems like a nice enough dude. Be eager to see where he winds up next.

K2D

Banned
They failed to pivot to external funding (promotions etc.) like KFG and now it is probably too late for them.
Well yeah, it's a compounded set issues. If they want EZA to be more than a pillow for them while they look for other opportunities, they've got to pivot. But as you said it would have been easier to do it right the first time.

Top Bottom