• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MAJOR changes coming to Easy Allies in 2024 (failed to meet profit targets)

buenoblue

Ian didn't leave, Ian is Isla.
9fjLsEA.jpg

Ronin_7

Banned
Way too many people depending on stuff like Patreon to make a living, but it's not for everybody

Yeah, it sucks to be an employee of a company like they used to be back then with Gametrailers, but at the end of the day, it lived longer than Easy Allies will, it seems

While Mr Beast is making truckloads of money, some really good content creators are almost broke

But well, that's life
Gaming Journalism is a bad career choice, how many times does this has to be said? 1 in 10 million content creators actually pull it off or Streamers, your chances are close to zero, most of them started years ago and many even which are doing good will go broke in the future (see Francis).

We've seen proof THAT all those Gaming websites are going broke and looking to sell, it's no wonder many of those workers leave the moment they've a better offer (see Alanah who joined SMS or the lad who joined Naughty Dog from IGN).

If you're reading this and still in School, study engineering, finance, law or medicine, you've been warned.

KaiserBecks

Gaming Journalism is a bad career choice, how many times does this has to be said? 1 in 10 million content creators actually pull it off or Streamers, your chances are close to zero, most of them started years ago and many even which are doing good will go broke in the future (see Francis).

We've seen proof THAT all those Gaming websites are going broke and looking to sell, it's no wonder many of those workers leave the moment they've a better offer (see Alanah who joined SMS or the lad who joined Naughty Dog from IGN).

If you're reading this and still in School, study engineering, finance, law or medicine, you've been warned.
But I love gamez, dad! They are art!

SkylineRKR

Another outlet who felt obligated to pick a side, and now crashes for it. I stopped following them not long after Bosman left, and I outright ignored their content when they went full woke.

They need to understand its business, and pandering to a vocal minority will get you nowhere. If they're gone they can claim they didn't bulge, but they will fade into obscurity and communites like Ree won't remember them either and just jump on the next bandwagon.

Either way they lose.

AGRacing

I would argue the biggest issue is that they listened to a small minority of people who actively demonized their greater fanbase and pushed them away. By constantly changing/denying/apologizing on the demands of the same few mentally delusional people, sane folks moved on. This only became more and more apparent when the few people who just wanted to have fun talking/chatting about games left and made the most deranged among them the figure head (Isla/Ian).
I was a patron. Then I wasn’t. This is exactly why in one paragraph.

POKEYCLYDE

Was a patron. Kyle left. I hung on for a bit, but Covid taking away their in person magic killed it.

But my favourite shows and streams were always on the back of Kyle in some way. Tabletop Escapades, Fiasconauts, The Podcast, Brandon plays Pokemon, Betting Specials, Kyle's streams (Tetris specifically), if he sat down with Huber and played through a horror game like Resident Evil.

The only content I watch from EZA now is the fantasy critic league and when Kyle is a special guest on something (like the podcast).

SJRB

Gold Member
Its funny how they never assume responsibility.

When you are legit 100% convinced you're right, the thought of being wrong will never once cross your mind. Especially when you're in a bubble of self-righteousness that feeds on and off each other.

And because they are right, always, when things go wrong it must be someone else's fault.

Zero self-reflection with these people. No apologies, no course correction, no adjustments. Which is ultimately why everything woke turns to shit.

Fbh

Their latest podcast was such a reminder of what they've been missing over the years:

Kyle brings the much needed disruptive element with his contrarian attitude and shitty takes to trigger the others (Jones and Huber in particular) and Jones brings a more clam and casual view angle to many of the games and announcements. Combine that with Brad and Huber and you've got a fun couple of hours.
Like the whole bit at the beginning where they go on and on about Red Dead 2 is the sort of fun exchanges that you simply no longer get from EZA.

If there was a podcast with Kyle, Brad, Huber and Jones I'd gladly listen to it weekly and consider becoming a Patreon.

Don't want to sound negative or mean, but they kind of deserve crashing and burning after what they did to that one certain individual.

Last edited:
Top Bottom