• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Major Nelson - "Perfect Dark XBLA coming this winter". Free theme tomorrow.

FrankT

jjasper said:
So if it was there out in the open why didn't anyone mention it all week?

Apparently behind close doors and/or embargoed. Something along those lines.

For the new page;

123rl said:
Decide for yourself - I can't say for certain it's Perfect Dark but I can't think of what else it could be, either

3598917550_70d9338cd4_b.jpg

jjasper

Jtyettis said:
Apparently behind close doors and/or embargoed. Something along those lines.

I guess it makes sense cause if you think about it they only showed XBLA games for Summer of Arcade at the press conference and on the marketplace (i think).

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Just popping in: Is there any sort of release date yet?

Mifune

Mehmber
At first I was all like, "how the hell can anyone tell that shot is Perfect Dark," and then I remembered the game's pause screen.

It's Perfect Dark.

goldenpp72

if it doesn't MS has doomed the game, you don't release an fps on xbox without online, and in PDs case I expect it to WORK unlike most of the shitty xbla ones.

Median

Revelations said:
I got a feeling it won't have online...

Well it's definitely a campaign shot so we won't know for sure until some actual info comes out about the game. Still, HYPE.

parabolee

Just to clarify for people who may be confused, that screen from ultim8p00 that claims to be from N64, is actually runnign through an emulator.

It never looked anywhere close to being that good on the 64. Just so people don't get confused.

JimiNutz

Banned
Yay screenshots!!!! :D :D :D

From those pics it doesn't look like it got as much as an improvement as Rare gave GoldenEye, but it def looks greater than the upgrade that they gave Banjo.

Seeing those screens brings back so many memories.

Cant fucking wait :D

FUCK, ONLINE CONFIRMED?!

YES, YES, YEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Raide

NutJobJim said:
Yay screenshots!!!! :D :D :D

From those pics it doesn't look like it got as much as an improvement as Rare gave GoldenEye, but it def looks greater than the upgrade that they gave Banjo.

Seeing those screens brings back so many memories.

Cant fucking wait :D

FUCK, ONLINE CONFIRMED?!

YES, YES, YEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't forget they still have loads of time to keep tweaking the graphics etc. :D

Shafto

Rare should really clarify if it has Online multiplayer. Just because of the bizarre unveiling of the game, i'm still worried the Online is NOT confirmed. It might be something totally stupid.

They're sure letting a whole lot of fanboys (myself included) get into a tizzy about it so far. 3 days and no screenshots is just a joke in this day and age, and now just sticking a profile up and not an official announcement is just ripe for over-hyping and spiraling expectation.

Rare need to rein it in.

Shafto said:
Rare should really clarify if it has Online multiplayer. Just because of the bizarre unveiling of the game, i'm still worried the Online is NOT confirmed. It might be something totally stupid.

They're sure letting a whole lot of fanboys (myself included) get into a tizzy about it so far. 3 days and no screenshots is just a joke in this day and age, and now just sticking a profile up and not an official announcement is just ripe for over-hyping and spiraling expectation.

Rare need to rein it in.

:lol Taking this a little too seriously dude. It's still afterall just a arcade game. Not a real full release of a retail title.

parabolee

Shafto said:

Rare need to rein it in.

The naysayers never stop!!!! ;-)

ONLINE IS CONFIRMED AND THERE ARE REAL SCREENSHOTS

CLassic action: Play the original full game beautifully restored and back in full HD, 1080p at 60 frames per second! All the original game features are included plus new Xbox LIVE ones.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/p/perfectdarkxboxlivearcade/

I agree the way this was announced has been a real mess -

- announced via twitter with no details
- released a free theme but no formal announcement or details
- screenshots and conformation of online stealth released to xbox.com product page!!!!

It's like they are trying to be viral with this info.

parabolee

For those too lazy to goto the link or read my post :) -

simPerfectDark00.jpg

simPerfectDark01.jpg

simPerfectDark03.jpg

simPerfectDark02.jpg

And again confirmation of online:-

Players: 1-4
Players Co-op: 1-2
Multiplayer Versus
In-game Dolby Digital
Storage Device
Xbox LIVE Multiplayer
Leaderboards

CLassic action: Play the original full game beautifully restored and back in full HD, 1080p at 60 frames per second! All the original game features are included plus new Xbox LIVE ones.

Source
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/media/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802584109c2/

Shafto

You say I'm taking it too seriously - I say you're not taking it serious enough. Plus, from my point of view, the Jedi are evil! :lol

I am taking it quite seriously, but i'm just plain excited. Getting PD is one of my most epic gaming moments. In fact, i'd say it's the day I became a 'gamer'. And now, with the promise of upgrades and amazing XBOX Live, it's just too good to be true. And 'too good to be true' means, don't fall for the hype, no matter how much I want to.

I just wish we had it all laid out. I've been refreshing the GAF for the last few days, frantically searching for confirmation and screenshots. I know what it's like to get burned - we all do. And this is the first time in years i've been absolutely desperate to not get burned. Hype is a dangerous thing when it comes to passionate fans.

bengraven

60fps confirmed?! 1080p?!

Great, my hours long orgasm that ended in the other thread has just begun again.

I need a bucket and mop.

Thankfully they haven't added anything new---

*explodes*

Kujo

Excellent, it is online. I just hope 4J can get it playing smoothly via Live.

Hopefully it's still 1200MSP.

Proc

It boggles my mind how excited some of you are.

I loved playing split screen rare fps back in the day but I don't think I'll return to this. I'll give the demo a go though.

Proc said:
It boggles my mind how excited some of you are.

I loved playing split screen rare fps back in the day but I don't think I'll return to this. I'll give the demo a go though.

I'm going to boot up my game later to see how much time I've logged into multiplayer. I think it's like 200 hours or something :lol

Proc

Grimm Fandango said:
I'm going to boot up my game later to see how much time I've logged into multiplayer. I think it's like 200 hours or something :lol

Yeah, I'm sure goldeneye was up there for us.
We appreciated the addition of some the maps that crossed over.

I'm excited to see how it all turns out. There will definitely be a lot of people to play with at it's launch window, which in itself will probably be worth the points .

Proc said:
Yeah, I'm sure goldeneye was up there for us.
We appreciated the addition of some the maps that crossed over.

I'm excited to see how it all turns out. There will definitely be a lot of people to play with at it's launch window, which in itself will probably be worth the points .

A online multiplayer with 60fps and full 1080p native support is a rare find these days. Drink it Up.

Alex

Goldeneye holds up for junk IMO, but Perfect Dark was just advanced enough to carve itself a nice niche in time, not a big fan of console FPS but this one I always dug, so I'll probably bite.

I now remember how cool some of the guns in this game were, that one you fed the magazine through, of course the laptop gun, good stuff

Hopefully online co-op. It'd actually be fucking playable this time around. My god that shit stuttered on N64.

Top Bottom